'18 TN DE Emmitt Gooden (Tennessee signee)

Are we actually going to a 3-4 this year? I have not being following too closely so I did not know that. I hope we can recruit the few players that can fill a roster for the 3-4. Big LBs and NTs and DEs. Bama and Georgia will always get first dibs IMO.
Ran it last year.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Sucks for Gooden. Was looking forward to watching him play. He showed flashes last year.

Hope it isn't season ending. Only positive is that it happened early in Fall camp and allows more time for other players to get reps and step up. First 3 games at home and should be good experience before we hit up the SEC.

We have a good DB group and young core of LBs. We should get some pressure on blitzes and coverage sacks.

The DL's primary is to eat up space and blockers so the LB's can make plays. Not worried here. We got the DL's for that.

We will struggle against solid OL rushing teams.

Gonna be critical throughout the season to make some 3rd down stops to get the D off the field and get some rest.

Sucks for Gooden. Was looking forward to watching him play. He showed flashes last year.

Hope it isn't season ending. Only positive is that it happened early in Fall camp and allows more time for other players to get reps and step up. First 3 games at home and should be good experience before we hit up the SEC.

We have a good DB group and young core of LBs. We should get some pressure on blitzes and coverage sacks.

The DL's primary is to eat up space and blockers so the LB's can make plays. Not worried here. We got the DL's for that.

We will struggle against solid OL rushing teams.

Gonna be critical throughout the season to make some 3rd down stops to get the D off the field and get some rest.
Cheney will have to help our D out and avoid too many 3 and outs.

giphy.gif

Are we actually going to a 3-4 this year? I have not being following too closely so I did not know that. I hope we can recruit the few players that can fill a roster for the 3-4. Big LBs and NTs and DEs. Bama and Georgia will always get first dibs IMO.

Uhh...? We ran a 3-4 last year man....

Edit: Sorry echo getting caught up. I see Butchna addressed this.

This is a concern. If our DL can’t get push it doesn’t matter how solid our DB crew is, WR will get open.

Uhh...? We ran a 3-4 last year man....

Edit: Sorry echo getting caught up. I see Butchna addressed this.
No problem. I went back and watched a few games on speed dial, Alabama, Auburn, Charlotte and did see us run a little bit of 3-4. Much of what we ran appeared to a mix of 4-3, 4-2-5, and 3-4. We did not look to good LOL.

VN Store

Back