Mass Shooting in Ohio

This country never was with god and despite loons like you that want to frame it that way it never will be.

The reason the constitution works so well is that it is written in terms that can be applied to a variety of situations. Thomas Jefferson acknowledged as much when he said, "But I know also, that laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths disclosed, and manners and opinions change with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also, and keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy, as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors."

Well he was alsoclearly a liberal foe of liberty, indoctrinated by the Mainstream Media.

CW has a fair point. How would you react if a Muslim poster continuously hammered you with talk about Allah? Would you be respectful? I highly doubt it.

I consider myself a Christian, but I respect not everyone shares my beliefs. If you would be unwilling to listen and consider the beliefs of others, it's hypocritical to hold others to your beliefs. Some people don't believe in the same God, some don't believe in any God. We have threads to talk about religion and the Bible. It doesn't need to spill over into other threads.

I respect that people have strong faith, but constantly espousing it to those who don't share your beliefs and have expressed they don't agree with your religious beliefs is rude.

I keep my bible talk pretty much to the Bible thread but to say it should stay there is kinda silly. If he feels it relevant he should bring it up wherever he feels like it. If others don’t like it they can ignore him. If they’re stupid enough to show their intolerance towards him then it speaks to their credibility elsewhere.

Ingraham calls out Dems: 'They are throwing kerosene on a fire'

Fox News' Laura Ingraham took on Democrats Tuesday night for what she said is an attempt to capitalize politically on the shooting massacres in El Paso, Texas and Dayton, Ohio last weekend, and said she would not allow "the left" to divide Americans and distract from real solutions to real problems.
"We should not, and we will not, allow the political hucksters of the left to separate us or distract us from addressing these real problems that need practical, workable solutions," Ingraham said on "The Ingraham Angle."
TRUMP CONDEMNS ‘WHITE SUPREMACY,’ CALLS FOR MENTAL HEALTH AND GUN REFORMS AFTER DOUBLE MASS SHOOTINGS
"Let's not give either an evil racist force or a lunatic left wing nut any satisfaction by turning on one another in the wake of these heinous acts of domestic terror," she said.
Ingraham accused Democrats of using the tragedies to silence and marginalize President Trump and his supporters. She also called their attempt to equate Trump's border policies with racism as "obscene."

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I keep my bible talk pretty much to the Bible thread but to say it should stay there is kinda silly. If he feels it relevant he should bring it up wherever he feels like it. If others don’t like it they can ignore him. If they’re stupid enough to show their intolerance towards him then it speaks to their credibility elsewhere.

Interesting perspective. It isn't him being intolerant of my beliefs?

You're just annoying people with it. It sounds fake. Whether it's fake or not it's insulting to have to constantly bring it up
Definitely not fake. It is real. Your soul is real also and has an eternal destination. I'm only trying to be truthful with you. I do not want you or anyone else on this board to end up in Hell. I'm very serious when I say I actually do care brother.
Please stop. I find your constant telling of fairytales monotonous.
They are not fairy tales. It is truth. Read the Bible please. You can also put me on ignore. The eternal lake of fire is not a place you want to spend eternity. Trust me.
I'm willing to risk it. A god in need of constant adulation is no god for me.

Re: "I'm willing to risk it. A god in need of constant adulation is no god for me."

Clearwater, let's talk more about the context of your description to "adulation" / worship.

"Adulation: Excessive flattery or admiration ; is servile and fulsome, proceeding either from a blind worship or from the hope of advantage. It may not be, but generally is, addressed directly to its object."

Woww folks, this is a very, very interesting statement (nothing personal, Clearwater; but your statement deserves a closer inspection).

BOD is exhibiting tolerance.

Folks, take a VERY CLOSE look at Clearwater's statement: "A god in need of constant adulation is no god for me" << this is to pretend that only God (and not Satan) desires adulation" but the Bible proves otherwise.

BOD pleaded with Clearwater to "read the Bible please."

As the temptations of Christ (recorded in the Bible) shows us, there is a Choice: Worship God, or worship Satan (Clearwater seems to not recognize that the Evil One also wants "adulation" / to be worshipped) --

Matthew 4
Again, the devil took Him to a very high mountain and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9“All this I will give You,” he said, “if You will fall down and worship me.”

10“Away from Me, Satan!” Jesus declared. “For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve Him only.’d

11Then the devil left Him, and angels came and ministered to Him.

Way to stand for the Bible, BOD ! There is verifiable proof that the Founding Fathers stood for the Bible.

Reactions: BigOrangeD
I don't worship god or satan. I don't acknowledge the existence of either because I have seen nothing that would make me believe in their existence. As for my statements, they are merely my beliefs. Unlike BOD, I am not forcing them on anyone. To say that BOD exhibited tolerance by asking me to "read the bible, please" is ludicrous. He has been badgering someone that showed no interest and had become hostile to his advances. That is not tolerance. It is an annoyance. Also, using the Bible for proof is like defining a word by using the word. It is decidedly unhelpful.

As to the founding fathers, they were not all christian. To say they were is dishonest.

Reactions: Persian Vol
CW has a fair point. How would you react if a Muslim poster continuously hammered you with talk about Allah? Would you be respectful? I highly doubt it.

I consider myself a Christian, but I respect not everyone shares my beliefs. If you would be unwilling to listen and consider the beliefs of others, it's hypocritical to hold others to your beliefs. Some people don't believe in the same God, some don't believe in any God. We have threads to talk about religion and the Bible. It doesn't need to spill over into other threads.

I respect that people have strong faith, but constantly espousing it to those who don't share your beliefs and have expressed they don't agree with your religious beliefs is rude.
Of course I disagree. But if a Muslim was trying to tell me about their faith then I would consider that an opportunity to share mine back with them and try and quote supporting scripture to refute their belief. Again, the Ignore Button is there for a purpose. I will not shy away and be ashamed of my Lord and Savior. God commands us to stand up for Him and preach the Gospel everywhere. People ask what can be done to stop the violence and I truly believe there is only one real solution and God is a huge part of it. A big problem with Christians today is that they are afraid or just will not defend their Lord.

I don't worship god or satan. I don't acknowledge the existence of either because I have seen nothing that would make me believe in their existence. As for my statements, they are merely my beliefs. Unlike BOD, I am not forcing them on anyone. To say that BOD exhibited tolerance by asking me to "read the bible, please" is ludicrous. He has been badgering someone that showed no interest and had become hostile to his advances. That is not tolerance. It is an annoyance. Also, using the Bible for proof is like defining a word by using the word. It is decidedly unhelpful.

As to the founding fathers, they were not all christian. To say they were is dishonest.
I'm not forcing you to do anything brother. Again the Ignore Button is there for a purpose.

I'm not forcing you to do anything brother. Again the Ignore Button is there for a purpose.

I have never used the ignore button. I prefer to hear everyone's argument as it all contributes to the debate. How about in the future, you don't preach at me and I will not disrespect your religious beliefs?

Reactions: tennvols77
I have never used the ignore button. I prefer to hear everyone's argument as it all contributes to the debate. How about in the future, you don't preach at me and I will not disrespect your religious beliefs?
when did disrespect become a verb? Just curious. Not syaing that you used it as such... but you are a wordsmith.

(2 cents)

The old saying that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar is very true.

It doesn't matter what stance, thought or idea (politics, guns, religion, climate change, etc) one is trying to get across to another person. If you(collective usage) do it by providing food for thought and give them pause to think your views over, you will likely be more successful at planting a seed than if you beat them over the head with your views. Hammering at someone to accept one's views on any topic normally elicits two responses. One is being tuned out completely and the other is agitation and/or an aggressive defense.

Case in point..political labeling with historically negative terminology has created a tune out or aggressive response from those on the receiving end.

Not sure I give a **** about tolerance.
To quote icedT “if you don’t like my lifestyle then **** you”

I think he, you or I are free to our opinions and should express them as we see fit. Others are free to disagree and express theirs.

(2 cents)

The old saying that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar is very true.

It doesn't matter what stance, thought or idea (politics, guns, religion, climate change, etc) one is trying to get across to another person. If you(collective usage) do it by providing food for thought and give them pause to think your views over, you will likely be more successful at planting a seed than if you beat them over the head with your views. Hammering at someone to accept one's views on any topic normally elicits two responses. One is being tuned out completely and the other is agitation and/or an aggressive defense.

Case in point..political labeling with historically negative terminology has created a tune out or aggressive response from those on the receiving end.
What do you do with those flies after you catch them?

I've always wanted to ask that.

Marcus this is flawed logic. You can’t discount the concept of polling altogether because of the results of one general election.

Not sure whether to say. "Watch this!" Or "hold my beer" is the more popular term these days IIRC. Polls are widely inaccurate because they are ALWAYS subjective. Easily skewed badly by something as simple as what time of day they called people...or whether they called rural areas or urban. Believe me when I say that there is a whole different kind of person at home at 10am watching judge Judy than there is at 7pm when people who bother to actually work for a living get home from work. See the difference? The ones that sit at home and smoke dope will vote for the free sheit party probably 90%...people that have a little self respect and work for a living tend to own properties that the libs LOVE to raise taxes on....so they vote conservative. Time of day is just 1 of a million different ways to get skewed results that arent accurate...and the leftist media and pollsters seek out leftists hoping that they can all release their polls saying Trump doesnt have a chance...hoping people wont vote for him.

Good thing intelligent people know the bias of these polls and dont care what they say.

So you're okay with someone pushing Islamic beliefs or Hindu beliefs or Buddhist beliefs or atheist beliefs on others in these threads? I don't see asking people not to push their religion on you as intolerant. I admire people strong in their faith, but I don't admire them continuing to push their faith on another when asked to stop. That, to me, is what is really intolerant. If you continue to push your beliefs on another after being asked to stop, you're not respecting their beliefs.

Of course I disagree. But if a Muslim was trying to tell me about their faith then I would consider that an opportunity to share mine back with them and try and quote supporting scripture to refute their belief. Again, the Ignore Button is there for a purpose. I will not shy away and be ashamed of my Lord and Savior. God commands us to stand up for Him and preach the Gospel everywhere. People ask what can be done to stop the violence and I truly believe there is only one real solution and God is a huge part of it. A big problem with Christians today is that they are afraid or just will not defend their Lord.
Tolerance is respecting not everyone shares your beliefs. When someone asks you to stop, you should stop. God wants his followers to come willingly.

VN Store

Back