Keon Johnson picks the Vols

To say this is huge is an understatement. In state kid and picked UT. Watched him play against my son’s team and he was unstoppable. A man amongst boys. Go Vols.

Reactions: sanglemangle
Probably Barnes’ biggest get. #1 player in state with NBA potential who will help right away. Great job Barnes and staff

Reactions: Vols410
Best comment that I heard after the announcement was Mark Griffin saying that the moment Keon walks on campus he'll be TN's best defender. And Keon himself emphasizing the importance of playing great defense.
He seems to fit the mold of what we want. As they were talking about him during the conference I was just saying “man, there’s no way this kid isn’t a vol” lol

There’s discussion in his player thread but this is such huge news it deserves its own thread. Kid is a baller. Absolutely fantastic addition.
Merge

Coach has impressed me more than any coach since Ray Mears and if you remember Mears that is a huge compliment to Barnes. Keep it going coach love what you doing.

Most of Pearl's top recruits couldn't stay out of trouble. CRB won't have that issue with the 5-stars that he's adding. I also am more impressed with Mears than the rest. I wish that he was with us and could see where what he revived (or even started) is at today.

Coach has impressed me more than any coach since Ray Mears and if you remember Mears that is a huge compliment to Barnes. Keep it going coach love what you doing.

Feel so bad for Ray Mears. Bernard King gave him a Mental Breakdown. Mears is responsible for ---"THIS IS BIG ORANGE COUNTRY". As per Thunder Good.

Last edited:
I was a kid, so I had no idea what I was glimpsing with Mears, but I know the gist of which you speak. There’s a tinge of old style dignity that we used to regard Mears with that Barnes always carries.

Reactions: sport3500
All of those people complaining about Rick Barnes' recruiting are silent now lulz.

VN Store

Back