'20 WA OLB Sav'ell Smalls

Watched a video earlier. He pretty much said, he's on wait and see approach with us. I expect a lot are. We really need to step it up this year
Several have said that or similar. That's why you're not seeing much freaking out, at least over here.

Which is kinda cool. We're not in any kind of championship hunt but yet we've ended up with someone riding on the season. That always makes it so much more fun to me.

Wow, wouldn't it be nice if the recruiting services all assume if a 5* player doesn't visit your school, it's because you're not pushing anymore. They may not be pushing anymore because he told them he is not interested.
"Recruited over" was my 1st thought.

But tbf, never had a Bama vibe on this one, think they just understand that also.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
That’s VN speculation from the cryptic Disney sing-a-long riddle. He hasn’t openly said anything (not that I care). At this point if the staff doesn’t want it leaked, I’d rather it not be said.
Yeah, I don't get why he's got to riddle like he's Gandolf from Lord of the Rings. I've seen a lot of other insiders on boards over the years who were pretty straightforward. It's unnecessary.

Reactions: I_Bleed_Orange77
Wow, wouldn't it be nice if the recruiting services all assume if a 5* player doesn't visit your school, it's because you're not pushing anymore. They may not be pushing anymore because he told them he is not interested.
Touché, they are basically now saying the same about Justin Flowe after he didn’t include them in his top 4 yet last week their mods was saying they were top 2 for Flowe. Oops

Yeah, I don't get why he's got to riddle like he's Gandolf from Lord of the Rings. I've seen a lot of other insiders on boards over the years who were pretty straightforward. It's unnecessary.
I don’t care how it comes across per se but I don’t really have tolerance for inside information against the staff’s will. I think if we want to trust this staff, we need to trust them and that includes not leaking info. No disrespect, that’s just where I’m at with it.

Touché, they are basically now saying the same about Justin Flowe after he didn’t include them in his top 4 yet last week their mods was saying they were top 2 for Flowe. Oops
Kinda like UGA wasn’t recruiting Cooper Mays?

Reactions: rgvol
Kinda like UGA wasn’t recruiting Cooper Mays?
You typically don’t take a Center every year and UGA recruited Clay Webb last year for the position. Don’t think Coop visited once this year? Came to see his brother a few times last year.

Reactions: AaronUT
Okay, I'm going to show my age, but can someone translate this? Who is the sheriff? What's the significance of "a visit on rocky top to canton"?
giphy.gif

Okay, I'm going to show my age, but can someone translate this? Who is the sheriff? What's the significance of "a visit on rocky top to canton"?

"The nickname first came to prominence in 2009 during a Monday Night Football game between the Indianapolis Colts and Miami Dolphins. ESPN's Jon Gruden first used it, saying that Manning "lays down the law" in opposing teams' stadiums. He continued to use this sheriff analogy by describing how Manning manipulates his offense at the line of scrimmage through his audibles. This was perpetuated by Ron Jaworski, who throughout the game continued to refer to Manning as "The Sheriff" after Gruden made his comments."

"The nickname first came to prominence in 2009 during a Monday Night Football game between the Indianapolis Colts and Miami Dolphins. ESPN's Jon Gruden first used it, saying that Manning "lays down the law" in opposing teams' stadiums. He continued to use this sheriff analogy by describing how Manning manipulates his offense at the line of scrimmage through his audibles. This was perpetuated by Ron Jaworski, who throughout the game continued to refer to Manning as "The Sheriff" after Gruden made his comments."

Thanks friend. Still don't get the Canton reference, but I'm glad to know who the sheriff is.

VN Store

Back