Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, as I warned my taste is all over the place.

Fantasy: Neil Gaiman (Neverwhere, Stardust, American Gods), Kevin Hearne (Iron Druid Chronicles series, especially Audiobooks the voice talent is amazing), Patrick Rothfuss (The Kingkiller Chronicle series) and the Harry Potter Series as well as Game of Thrones, but they are pretty popular so you've likely heard of them
Horror: Brian Keene (The Rising), F. Paul Wilson (The Keep), Simon Clark (Stranger, Vampyrrhic)
Suspense/Thriller: Gillian Flynn (Gone Girl, Dark Place, Sharp Objects), Paula Hawkins (The Girl on the Train, Into the Water), Dan Brown (the Robert Langdon series)
Gen. Fiction: Edward Carey (Observatory Mansion), Harper Lee (To Kill a Mockingbird), Christopher Priest (The Prestige), Chuck Palahniuk (not for everyone, he's graphic in his writing Fight Club, Choke, Survivor are my top 3)
Non-Fiction: Chris Kyle (American Sniper), Truman Capote (In Cold Blood), Frank Abagnale (Catch Me if You Can), Christopher McDougall (Born to Run)
Sci-Fi: William Gibson (Neuromancer), Mike Resnick (Santiago), Ernest Cline (Ready Player One, Armada)

Just a few I really enjoyed

Some people didn't like it but I found Christopher McDougall's "Natural Born Heroes" really really good. Not better than Born to Run but terrific in it's own right. There are things from that book I still think a lot about.
I also think you would LOVE the Girl with Dragon Tattoo trilogy.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Some people didn't like it but I found Christopher McDougall's "Natural Born Heroes" really really good. Not better than Born to Run but terrific in it's own right. There are things from that book I still think a lot about.
I also think you would LOVE the Girl with Dragon Tattoo trilogy.

I've read most of GwDT series already. First book was fantastic

You gonna eat your pickle?

giphy.gif

Honestly feel better about beating USC here than I do MSU...I get that MSU lost a ton, but it's a relatively new HC who now has a brand new QB so it could be a completely different look offensively.

Plus Miss St. only lost 4 SEC games last year, and all 4 teams that beat them were 10 win teams. I hope we beat one of them though if not both. I like 7-5 and think 9 wins isn't completely out of reach. Think Missouri and Florida both got more talent to replace than people realize.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Sounds like our offense is gonna look completely different from 2018

Chaney on how much control JG will have at the line. "All of it, all that he can handle. He's a smart guy and he needs to be able to adjust when necessary"

Tee Martin on receivers. "We're going to try to get as many of them involved as we can, the different skill sets. They're gonna be a major part of our offense this year".

Edit: JM also spoke of Chandler's play making ability and the need to get the ball to your playmakers
Thank you sweet little 7lb. 6oz. baby Jesus!

Reactions: chargervol
Honestly feel better about beating USC here than I do MSU...I get that MSU lost a ton, but it's a relatively new HC who now has a brand new QB so it could be a completely different look offensively.

Plus Miss St. only lost 4 SEC games last year, and all 4 teams that beat them were 10 win teams. I hope we beat one of them though if not both. I like 7-5 and think 9 wins isn't completely out of reach. Think Missouri and Florida both got more talent to replace than people realize.
I say we just beat them both, seems the only fair way to settle things.

okay I know I'm late on this, but we all kind of figured Gibbs was a stretch to play this year, but how or what have we heard on Solomon? I would think this case is a bit different and I thought indications were good that he'd suit up this fall? Wish ATL Vol had some info...

The Martian was an incredibly well done Audiobook. Listened to it driving to Jacksonville and back and had 17 min left. Sat in the car in the car when I got back just to finish the final 17 minutes.

Killing Floor by Lee Child was great and so was Beneath a Scarlet Sky.

If you like the 80s OR sci-fi, Ready Player One was phenomenal on Audiobook (the movie was horrendous)

All of those can really captivate you and help you lose track of time during a workout.

Wil Wheaton was fantastic narrating RPO

That’s my parents! Thanks for posting this! They are 80 and 81 years old and never miss a game home or away. Their house is a Mecca for Tennessee Football!

They are visiting me in Kansas this week...had to visit before the season started! I’ll be sure to show them the post.
View attachment 215457
I've been to Kansas and that picture doesn't look anything like Kansas :):):)

Oh man, as I warned my taste is all over the place.

Fantasy: Neil Gaiman (Neverwhere, Stardust, American Gods), Kevin Hearne (Iron Druid Chronicles series, especially Audiobooks the voice talent is amazing), Patrick Rothfuss (The Kingkiller Chronicle series) and the Harry Potter Series as well as Game of Thrones, but they are pretty popular so you've likely heard of them
Horror: Brian Keene (The Rising), F. Paul Wilson (The Keep), Simon Clark (Stranger, Vampyrrhic)
Suspense/Thriller: Gillian Flynn (Gone Girl, Dark Place, Sharp Objects), Paula Hawkins (The Girl on the Train, Into the Water), Dan Brown (the Robert Langdon series)
Gen. Fiction: Edward Carey (Observatory Mansion), Harper Lee (To Kill a Mockingbird), Christopher Priest (The Prestige), Chuck Palahniuk (not for everyone, he's graphic in his writing Fight Club, Choke, Survivor are my top 3)
Non-Fiction: Chris Kyle (American Sniper), Truman Capote (In Cold Blood), Frank Abagnale (Catch Me if You Can), Christopher McDougall (Born to Run)
Sci-Fi: William Gibson (Neuromancer), Mike Resnick (Santiago), Ernest Cline (Ready Player One, Armada)

Just a few I really enjoyed
TY so much!

Reactions: MoCo_Vol

I honestly think we definitely have the ability to beat South Carolina and Mizzou this year. That puts us at 9-3 and I think that, if UF comes out of the gates flat and shows disorder amongst the ranks that we could beat them in the swamp this year, too putting us at 10-2. All of that to say I still think 7-5 or 8-4 are the very most likely scenarios.

I very much appreciate you asking. He is in life support and they have removed his sedation to test his brain function. We are hoping that removing him will help him respond better to the evaluation. Honestly, it does not look very good but there is still some time for him to rebound. We will gladly accept all the prayers and good thoughts we can get.
U got it! That is so tough at 34..

I honestly think we definitely have the ability to beat South Carolina and Mizzou this year. That puts us at 9-3 and I think that, if UF comes out of the gates flat and shows disorder amongst the ranks that we could beat them in the swamp this year, too putting us at 10-2. All of that to say I still think 7-5 or 8-4 are the very most likely scenarios.
Idk what to think about Mizzou, our record against them never makes sense.
Watched a few of their games last year and I did pick them to beat us but not throttle us.

One of those cases of "not going to say we beat them until we start beating them".

I'm just getting home from work and watching the interviews from today. I'll agree that Pruitt seems quietly confident about this year's team, but I don't think we've ever had a coach with such readable facial expressions. Depending on the question, his right eyebrow is damn near perpendicular to the left one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back