Justin Ammons signs

greenwheel

Not sure if this has been posted. But while scanning MLB transactions came across where Ammons signed a free agent minor league contract with the Toronto Blue Jays on July 16.

Did he graduate?

I get the feeling this wasn’t all his choice. If he didn’t graduate I hope I’m wrong

Reactions: RollerVol
I was told halfway through the season he had no desire to come back to school and wanted to sign no matter what.

Yea maybe that’s all the story but imo an undrafted jr needs to go back to school.

Occasionally they will get some decent money and maybe that’s the case here. I’d like to know

Last edited:
Yea maybe that’s all the story but imo an undrafted jr needs to go back to school.

Occasionally they will get some decent money and maybe that’s the case here. I’d like to know

I hear ya...I definitely don't understand, but there may be more to it than we know...just wish him luck...

GO BIG ORANGE!

If CTV worked hard to make it happen it was the desire of Ammo to sign. No reason to think otherwise. Highly probable it wasn’t for much money but included a clause to pay for last year of school.

Its entirely possible the kid wanted to leave school, the coaches knew he wanted to leave school, the coaches spent his money, the draft happened and didn’t work out, and then it was is the best interest of the kid to go back to school but that ship had sailed

Me guessing that was the case

Its entirely possible the kid wanted to leave school, the coaches knew he wanted to leave school, the coaches spent his money, the draft happened and didn’t work out, and then it was is the best interest of the kid to go back to school but that ship had sailed

Me guessing that was the case
Could be part of the case. I know this much Ammo’s plan all along was to get drafted and signed, that was the expectation. When he went undrafted he still wanted to sign and the staff worked like crazy to help facilitate that. Had he not been signed he most likely would have still been a VOL. I’m happy for Ammo he get a chance at his dream and hopefully it works out for him.

I am sorry to say TRUTH.

They have so many people coming in, AMMO was on the outs after this season. CTV wants his players on the field. (Business)

Glad AMNO signed for $5,000 but he would not have played at Tennessee this season.
When Juniors that tell the coaching staff they want to get drafted and sign and at the 25th hour come back to school for there senior year. See what kind of scholarship money they are on. You would be shocked

When Juniors that tell the coaching staff they want to get drafted and sign and at the 25th hour come back to school for there senior year. See what kind of scholarship money they are on. You would be shocked

Woa

So you are suggesting a junior that says they want to get drafted and signed is forfeiting their scholarship money if they aren’t drafted ?

No I’m not saying that at all

Sure sounds like it.

Obviously you are close to the program because you told us there was plenty of 11.7 remaining to get those last two guys. From my seat that money should have been for a player that wasn’t drafted instead of him having to find out how much is left for them and not him.

Last edited:
Sure sounds like it.

Obviously you are close to the program because you told us there was plenty of 11.7 remaining to get those last two guys. From my seat that money should have been for a player that wasn’t drafted instead of him having to find out how much is left for them and not him.
I heard Ammons really wanted to sign and play pro ball. That’s all there was too it. What I said about how many undrafted juniors (who planned and supposed to go) had nothing to do with Ammons. I just said it in general. Scholarships are year to year and are structured different every year. The goal for every player is to be gone after there junior year that is fact. A lot of times the money is front loaded. A lot of those LSU guys that returned after getting drafted walked on. Mangum was a walk on at Miss St this year: I’m just telling you what happens. My comment had nothing to do with Ammons. Sorry for the miscommunication

I heard Ammons really wanted to sign and play pro ball. That’s all there was too it. What I said about how many undrafted juniors (who planned and supposed to go) had nothing to do with Ammons. I just said it in general. Scholarships are year to year and are structured different every year. The goal for every player is to be gone after there junior year that is fact. A lot of times the money is front loaded. A lot of those LSU guys that returned after getting drafted walked on. Mangum was a walk on at Miss St this year: I’m just telling you what happens. My comment had nothing to do with Ammons. Sorry for the miscommunication
I can verify that Ammons plan all along was to go pro after this year. That is 100% fact. Members of his family said as much before the first pitch was thrown this year. Drafted or undrafted he did not want to come back. Obviously, the season did not pan out as he thought, and went undrafted. However, the plan to sign with anyone after that and not come back to school never changed. Wish him luck, but I am amused that we are spending so much time on a player that had at best a mediocre UT career.

I can verify that Ammons plan all along was to go pro after this year. That is 100% fact. Members of his family said as much before the first pitch was thrown this year. Drafted or undrafted he did not want to come back. Obviously, the season did not pan out as he thought, and went undrafted. However, the plan to sign with anyone after that and not come back to school never changed. Wish him luck, but I am amused that we are spending so much time on a player that had at best a mediocre UT career.
Thank you for verifying the truth. TV worked his ass off getting him signed. I know that for 100 percent fact. Some on here just want to spin some narrative that he wanted him out and pulled scholarship money. That’s 100 percent false

Thank you for verifying the truth. TV worked his ass off getting him signed. I know that for 100 percent fact. Some on here just want to spin some narrative that he wanted him out and pulled scholarship money. That’s 100 percent false
You’re so full of 💩 your eyes are brown. If not for scholarship $$$$, it was for his spot on the 35. Don’t act ignorant. CTV didn’t want him there at all........PERIOD!!!!!!

VN Store

Back