Our Assistant Coaches blasted on TOS

Does that change the credentials? No it doesnt. Brown is still a proven winner. Do you honestly believe if he hadnt had the success he did at Texas that he would be doing this good on the recruiting trail?
Who said it changed the credentials? Merely pointing out that what he did 2 decades ago isn't as relevant as you are making it out to be. I have no idea.......and neither do you, that what he did at Texas is THE reason they are recruiting well right now. Isn't their average (217) par for the course for them?

Reactions: 08Vol
So Butch Jones could recruit but not coach or develop. Now we got a guy who cant recruit and we hope like hell he can coach. Perfect and exactly "UT".

I’m truly shocked that a team that won 2 conference games last year in 2018 and just 5 overall is struggling to recruit 5* players before the 2019 season even begins. Wow!

The fact that we’re in on the conversation at all with top athletes is testimony to our 5* staff. Got to let the season play out before we know what to expect in recruiting. Radical concept I know.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
If the "Jeremy Pruitt is pissed" rumors are true, it puts a pie in the face of the "Pruitt has a plan" crowd. Cause plans mean nothing if you cant execute them. Just like having a great OC dont mean a thing if the player cant execute the plays.

When you can’t counter an accurate post, you resort to “pos troll.” That’s you and it’s a shame because you know the game and are very capable of having intelligent football conversations. But don’t change, be you.
and you keep throwing ish against the wall and calling it "conversation" lol.

gtfo....

If the "Jeremy Pruitt is pissed" rumors are true, it puts a pie in the face of the "Pruitt has a plan" crowd. Cause plans mean nothing if you cant execute them. Just like having a great OC dont mean a thing if the player cant execute the plays.
and then there's the "what if it isn't true" take........got any comments on that?

Reactions: Bret178
But there are many programs who wouldn’t take either. One is past his prime the other is completely unproven as a head coach.

I’ll bite. All HCs like CJP who just got they first GIG are unproven until they are proven. That is just the world of CFB and the price a program takes from time to time. Mack has clearly seen his best days which is almost a mirror of Fulmer’s career. Difference is Fulmer hung it up after he was canned and never got that itch to coach (no other big-time program would take a risk on him either). Pruitt is obviously not proven as a HC but is absolutely proven and respected as a DC & defensive expert. Additionally, CJP has won big as an assistant at multiple programs. There are never any guarantees but there are chances for coaches to make a name for themselves and create a winning atmosphere.

Reactions: Gandalf and Jaws
and you keep throwing ish against the wall and calling it "conversation" lol.

gtfo....

Which is, at this juncture in their careers, untrue?

Mack Brown is past his prime.

Jeremy Pruitt is unproven.

I’m not sure why this statement has brought out the swords, seems pretty benign to me. It doesn’t mean Brown can’t recapture his past glory and it doesn’t mean Pruitt won’t go on to win championships. But right now, that’s not where they’re at.

Last edited:
I’ll bite. All HCs like CJP who just got they first GIG are unproven until they are proven. That is just the world of CFB and the price a program takes from time to time. Mack has clearly seen his best days which is almost a mirror of Fulmer’s career. Difference is Fulmer hung it up after he was canned and never got that itch to coach (no other big-time program would take a risk on him either). Pruitt is obviously not proven as a HC but is absolutely proven and respected as a DC & defensive expert. Additionally, CJP has won big as an assistant at multiple programs. There are never any guarantees but there are chances for coaches to make a name for themselves and create a winning atmosphere.

I think this post is dead-on accurate and I’ve read it twice and can’t disagree with any of it.

I’ll just add that UT may be a very tough place to have your first head coaching job. I think Pruitt’s trajectory is very similar to Muschamp’s. Great, proven D-coordinator, his first head coaching job was at Florida, he peaked in year 2 with a 11-1 record, and then the wheels fell off. Now he’s at a place where the fans are fairly okay with 7-5 every year, at least way more so than Florida or Tennessee.

It will be interesting to see if Pruitt follows a similar path, or does better, or worse, than Muschamp.

Last edited:
When you can’t counter an accurate post, you resort to “pos troll.” That’s you and it’s a shame because you know the game and are very capable of having intelligent football conversations. But don’t change, be you.

Lol, what did you expect me to say? Link?

Reactions: jakez4ut
Which is, at this juncture in their careers, is untrue?

I’m not sure why this statement has brought out the swords, seems pretty benign to me. It doesn’t mean Brown can’t recapture his past glory and it doesn’t mean Pruitt won’t go on to win championships. But right now, that’s not where they’re at.
then you're either dumb or naive, and i don't believe eithe of those to be the case, cause there's no attempt to have a converstaion in that post.

just a hot take intended to rile up the locals.

i know what your post didn't mean. i also know what it was meant to do.

Reactions: chargervol and Behr
Which is, at this juncture in their careers, is untrue?

What posted is true, but because it came from you some would rather deny the truth

Reactions: Mtnvol80 and Jaws
then you're either dumb or naive, and i don't believe eithe of those to be the case, cause there's no attempt to have a converstaion in that post.

just a hot take intended to rile up the locals.

i know what your post didn't mean. i also know what it was meant to do.
Exactly. Lol, he's cute when he's butthurt.

I think this post is dead-on accurate and I’ve read it twice and can’t disagree with any of it.

I’ll just add that UT may be a very tough place to have your first head coaching job. I think Pruitt’s trajectory is very similar to Muschamp’s. Great, proven D-coordinator, his first head coaching job was at Florida, he peaked in year 2 with a 12-1 record, and then the wheels fell off. Now he’s at a place where the fans are fairly okay with 7-5 every year, at least way more so than Florida or Tennessee.

It will be interesting to see if Pruitt follows a similar path, or does better, or worse, than Muschamp.
Jim Cheney > Charlie Weis

Reactions: Bret178
What posted is true, but because it came from you some would rather deny the truth
that's not true.
a) i don't know that Brown is past his prime. he's old, and he went back to a familiar home to see if he could build UNC back up. he may be in the perfect spot for him to prove his chops. the expectation level there is wholly different than at TX and the people love him there.
b) no one has any misconceptions on how we got Jeremy pruitt. it wasn't like he was mulling over offers from 3-4 other programs when he decided to come here, it was a unfathomable set of circumstances that put him on the top of our 2nd list.

everyone here knows these things, so there's only one intention with a post like that.

VN Store

Back