'20 TN LB Bryson Eason (UT SIGNEE)

Tennessee has continued to make a push for four-star linebacker Bryson Eason of Whitehaven High School in Memphis, Tenn., over the past several weeks following his visit to Knoxville last month. The Vols have emerged as one of the top contenders for Eason, who’s also strongly considering Arkansas, Florida and LSU, and sources close to him have indicated that Tennessee has plenty of momentum in his recruitment. His teammate and close friend, four-star linebacker Martavius French, announced his commitment to Arkansas on Tuesday, and the Razorbacks might represent the Vols’ main competition for Eason at the moment. Tennessee is hoping to get Eason back on campus this weekend, but Arkansas — which also could become more involved with another of his teammates, three-star Mississippi State commitment Tamarion McDonald — also is battling for the right to host him this week.

-Callahan

I never even heard of the 3 guys they got recently

I get the other two but you've never heard of a 4* inside your own state?

French is actually rated higher than Eason on the composite. Obviously doesn't mean he's a better player though.

French is actually rated higher than Eason on the composite. Obviously doesn't mean he's a better player though.
It’s not about the ranking...it’s about if TN was actually actively recruiting French or not. All signs point to that we were not. On the other hand, we are heavily pursuing Eason. Might be about fit with French. Might be that we have other guys higher on the board that the staff think we land. Either way, we weren’t recruiting him.

All 3 are good players. McDonald is very underrated.

Just look at how many posts are in the threads and that generally tells you how much we want someone. I’ve heard of French. Not the other two. We passed on French, though.

Others can correct me but I think the top 4 LB’s on the board are Len’neth Whitehead and BJ Ojulari out of Georgia, Eason ever since Kourt Williams passed on us, and Reggie Grimes. Looks like we’re also gonna shoot for Morven Joseph out of Florida, but that’s probably a long shot.

Last edited:
I’ve heard of French. Not the other two. We passed on French, though. Others can correct me but I think the top 4 LB’s on the board are Len’neth Whitehead and BJ Ojulari out of Georgia, Eason ever since Kourt Williams passed on us, and Reggie Grimes. Looks like we’re also gonna shoot for Morven Joseph out of Florida, but that’s probably a long shot.
Sewell is at the top and is realistic.

For more context: Drew Francis is the son of former Vol Jeff Francis. He doesn't have the size for most SEC defenses, but Chavis likes smaller LBs and he could be a good fit in Arkansas.
Both the other guys they got are from my former alma mater West High, literally 2 miles from UT campus. If they committed to Arkansas then they definitely weren’t a take for Pruitt. Every kid who plays sports at that school dreams of playing at UT. Their team also finished 4-7 in 2018 if that tells you anything

Last edited:
Reactions: AngryButchJones

French never was a take for Tennessee. Tennessee was passing on Eason when he was claiming the two were a package deal. He maybe a fine player for Arkansas but we weren’t interested.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
It's just my opinion that they are.

Francis, MCdonal, and French.

I wasn’t saying anything about your opinion. I think you two were referring to different players. He’s talking about French, Francis, and Edwards, who are all committed to Arkansas.

McDonald is at Whitehaven and currently committed to MSU, but I know Arkansas is trying.

I never even heard of the 3 guys they got recently

Yeah, no offense to in state players, but I highly doubt if we wanted the two other kids they picked up we would have missed. Arkansas seems to be the only P5 school recruiting them (Edit: looks like there may have been a handful of other offers between the two). I wish them both the best, but for a LB and DE out of Knoxville I'm going to trust our coaches evaluations.

Last edited:
Reactions: jlawso21

I'm not going to insult the kid because I don't know why, could have just been fit. But either way, we absolutely were not going after him. Was ready to lose someone we did want if they tried to force a package deal with French.

But he might be a great fit for the hogs, we just weren't interested for whatever reason.

Eason told Volquest Thursday night that he had no interest in visiting the Razorbacks, but had to reschedule the trip to Tennessee because his dad couldn’t get his work schedule moved to allow them to travel to Rocky Top this weekend. The Vols have really upped their interest in Eason in the last six weeks, as Pruitt covets the big, mobile inside ‘backer. The Razorbacks remain a factor for Eason, especially after his teammate and close friend Martavius Frenchcommitted to Arkansas this week. The Razorbacks are also working to flip Whitehaven rover/defensive back Tamarion McDonald, a Mississippi State commit who will be in Fayetteville this weekend. Chad Morris & Co., are definitely making an aggressive play on the Volunteer State, especially in Memphis.
vq

Ok.... so the kid says he had no interest in visiting Arkansas, but then immediately after that the journalists stated how big of a factor the Razorbacks are in his recruitment? 🤔

sounds like a kid telling reporters what they want to hear.

Reactions: Devo182
sounds like a kid telling reporters what they want to hear.

Yeah he had told all the Arkansas reporters he was going to be at Arkansas this weekend but couldn't make it because his dad couldn't get off work too. Who knows.

Been wondering why we haven't offered McDonald yet but if he's coming to the cookout I guess we're interested, heard there may be some off the field concerns.

Reactions: daugag02

VN Store

Back