'20 GA RB Len'Neth Whitehead (UT SIGNEE)

I know we've been down but I don't get this. We are one of the "BIG" schools. When kids take visits that should be obvious. Our facilities. Our coaching staff. I remember when I was a recruit, there were very distinct differences beyond win/ loss records.
I like where your heart is, but it seems many of our fans forget just how long it's been since we were truly relevant. This drought has been epic in the worst way.

I realize how long the drought has been. I became a Vol fan during the Cobb/Webb era. Maybe it's just interjecting my own personality into this. I've always thought I could be a difference maker by out working everybody else. That's the vibe I get from coach Pruitt, and I would want to play for a coach like that.

I like where your heart is, but it seems many of our fans forget just how long it's been since we were truly relevant. This drought has been epic in the worst way.

We saw this disparity during the last coaching search--many fans seemed to think we have top-tier coaches falling over themselves to coach at UT. However, I think the worm has turned, and the next few years will be a steady upward trajectory.

We saw this disparity during the last coaching search--many fans seemed to think we have top-tier coaches falling over themselves to coach at UT. However, I think the worm has turned, and the next few years will be a steady upward trajectory.
I hope you’re right. I stop just short of saying that “I think you’re right”, but only because the last 15 years have me so jaded. Pruitt seems to be better put together than our last several coaches.

I'd argue that a program’s history of getting players drafted is more important to kids these days than just wins, although the two almost always go hand-in-hand.
Think he means the highest rated players. They probably have only considered schools that have coaches that will get them prepared for the draft so then they're going to go after the one that they think can get to the playoffs almost every year so they can get a championship.

I hope you’re right. I stop just short of saying that “I think you’re right”, but only because the last 15 years have me so jaded. Pruitt seems to be better put together than our last several coaches.

I'm basing my optimism solely on the fact that this is the best collection of coaching "talent" we've had on campus in 15 years.

Tennessee's current coaches have outstanding records with championships and graduating players to the league. So despite the record of our last two HCs, there is a lot for recruits to like. If they see improvement, they should feel confident about the program. I just hope there are enough hosses on the team to win more games this season.

I doubt he commits. Like Ojulari, kid is holding out for what he sees as greener pastures. Doesn’t mean we don’t get either in the end but I doubt it’ll be soon.

Reactions: Catbone
Agreed...not sure he is going to get that coveted UGA offer.
images

Four-star linebacker Len'Neth Whitehead of Athens (Ga.) Academy, another longtime Tennessee target, remains perhaps one of the Vols’ most realistic options at linebacker. A top-100 prospect in 247Sports’ rankings, Whitehead is being recruited by Tennessee as an athlete who could play linebacker or running back, although most teams view him as a linebacker, and sources said he could return to Tennessee as early as this weekend. The Vols hosted him for the first time in early March for one of their junior days. Sources said nearby Georgia remains a major wild card in his recruitment. The Bulldogs still are heavily involved with him, and sources indicated he’s still one of the top linebackers on their board, although there might be a scenario in which he wouldn't have a spot in Georgia’s class. Tennessee already is in line to host Whitehead on an official visit this fall.

-Callahan

He's a priority at UT and a backup plan for UGA.

He’s also a priority for South Carolina. If we don’t take him, they will. No thanks. And I’m satisfied to take UGA’s 4-star backup plans....for now. After we start winning 8-9 games annually we’ll take some of their top targets, too.

Reactions: ChiTownVol

VN Store

Back