Sophie Cunningham back at it again..

FWIW, she was called for a flagrant foul, McCarty made both FT's, and Cunningham spent the rest of the game on the bench. Phoenix still won, though.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
She is a really good player. Winner!
Very few couple give 2 sh!ts about the WNBA. I love women's college bball though. I heard some WNBA player on the radio saying WNBA players deserve as much as the men...cuz the women are "pros too". Totally ridiculous....insane take.

Reactions: feathersax
Very few couple give 2 sh!ts about the WNBA. I love women's college bball though. I heard some WNBA player on the radio saying WNBA players deserve as much as the men...cuz the women are "pros too". Totally ridiculous....insane take.
Thats just asinine. 82 games vs 34 games, Attendance is over 10K more per game for NBA, tv ratings for NBA finals are close to 20 million either way, while the WNBA finals might reach 2.5 million.

Thats just asinine. 82 games vs 34 games, Attendance is over 10K more per game for NBA, tv ratings for NBA finals are close to 20 million either way, while the WNBA finals might reach 2.5 million.

WNBA has been such a huge turnoff for me this season. The players are too entitled and demanding, and think they actually deserve more than they are getting paid when the league is a money pit. Maybe the quality of play wasn't as good 15 years ago, but the players weren't brats either. I hope the NBA backs out and the league is forced to fend for itself. Let's see if the players are still expecting their million dollars then.

Oh, nice stance on domestic violence btw. Really trailblazing stuff from a league meant to empower women.

WNBA has been such a huge turnoff for me this season. The players are too entitled and demanding, and think they actually deserve more than they are getting paid when the league is a money pit. Maybe the quality of play wasn't as good 15 years ago, but the players weren't brats either. I hope the NBA backs out and the league is forced to fend for itself. Let's see if the players are still expecting their million dollars then.

Oh, nice stance on domestic violence btw. Really trailblazing stuff from a league meant to empower women.

Sophie Cunningham still a dirty player LOL

I actually preferred the quality of play from 97-04.

I actually preferred the quality of play from 97-04.

The early years of the WNBA were sometimes hard to watch. I think the players are more athletic now., but the players from earlier in the league's history played with (IMO) much more passion and love for the game. With the overseas seasons extending into the start of the WNBA calendar, the players now mostly look tired and not wanting to be on the court...and it's starting show up with some really ugly shooting displays this season. This is not a good year for the quality to be so low.

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
Sophie is one of the toughest and scrappiest players I've ever seen, but obviously her base instinct is to go into attack mode when she feels like she's being challenged. It makes me cringe to think about what her childhood may have been like.

Reactions: tim and bobkitten

VN Store

Back