DirecTV and ABC

Coug

Apparently AT&T and Nexstar are having a contract war and guess who pays the price for that? Us the viewers.

Anyone in the Knoxville or surrounding area that has DirecTV still missing ABC?

This has been ongoing for close to a month if not longer now.

ABC is not on DTV in ktown as of this moment. Who knows the truth but from what I understand Nexstar wants to raise the rate almost triple what it is now. ATT did t want to pay that and raise those subscription rates that are already high. Nexstar said ATT is the problem and made a fair offer. Who knows.

Here Direct Tv got rid of NBC and now Dish is cutting Fox Sports Regional networks.

In DFW, it’s DirecTV and AT&T Spectrum with CBS.

I haven’t had CBS on DirecTV here in the Upstate of South Carolina since July 4th because of this AT&T and Nexstar BS.

Reactions: 508mikey
Apparently AT&T and Nexstar are having a contract war and guess who pays the price for that? Us the viewers.

Anyone in the Knoxville or surrounding area that has DirecTV still missing ABC?

This has been ongoing for close to a month if not longer now.
I dont have Direct but people here (Central Il) say they lost CBS, NBC and FOX -- also rumors that Dish is merging with Direct -- either way Im stuck with Comcast another year at least

After a little research it appears I will be looking for an ATSC 3.0 antenna. The more I read about different ones the more this appealed to me. I don’t know when broadcast in 4K will be consistent but the broadband capabilities make this appealing. Anyone out there think this is a sales gimmick or have an opinion? Waiting to pull the trigger at this point.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
Sling TV & Dish Have Reportedly Agreed to a Temporary Extension With Disney For Fox Sports Net Channels

After a little research it appears I will be looking for an ATSC 3.0 antenna. The more I read about different ones the more this appealed to me. I don’t know when broadcast in 4K will be consistent but the broadband capabilities make this appealing. Anyone out there think this is a sales gimmick or have an opinion? Waiting to pull the trigger at this point.
I assume your getting an outdoor model. Most indoor models are terrible unless your fairly close to the transmitters.

Start and end your search with Channel Master. Antennas Direct (I've heard is good as well).

I assume your getting an outdoor model. Most indoor models are terrible unless your fairly close to the transmitters.

Start and end your search with Channel Master. Antennas Direct (I've heard is good as well).
Always like free advice! Thanks and yes I’m using an outdoor

Say what you want about cable, but these issues don't happen when you have it.

I'd rather pay a little more than have this constant issue

I live in a VERY rural area and cable is available about three or four miles from my house and stops there. I'm too cheap to go through all of this for an outdoor antenna, I have a spotty pair of rabbit ears that gets CBS pretty well but I have no way to DVR which sucks but is what it is I guess.

Last edited:
I thought this happened a while back? Maybe it depends on where you are at. Looks like they lost around 300k subscribers from the move
It happened earlier this year. I didn’t notice until I sat down to watch the premiere of the final season of GOT. I was pissed.

VN Store

Back