Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I’m amazed to find out there’s this thing called an “influencer.” Someone on Instagram who gets paid to advertise. I get that this probably isn’t something new, but the term to me is new. The name and the general idea somehow appalls me. Some random chick down the street advertising her new rug, NyQuil, or Brawny paper towels mixed in with trying to portray her perfect IG life. Will this social media monster ever end?

@Freak, if you start that here, I will disown you.

I discovered that a while back. It's sorta weird but influencers are treated like b-list celebrities. They go to various fan cons and such. I should set up an instagram and have VN make me an influencer - lol.

For anyone who hasn't watched this 17min video of Pruitt answering questions from SEC Media Days, I highly recommend it. He's definitely grown as a HC from last year. I love how honest he is and how he doesn't make excuses and takes the blame. And he also seems excited and confident in his team. It's worth a watch...

A'ight!

Thanks for the tip. I got it after the house fire to replace an older iphone and so far it's been a good little phone. I think it went into some sort of super-power saving mode and/or overheated because after I stopped fooling with it and placed it on the charger for a few more hours it suddenly went back to normal. Thing is, if it was a power saving mode, taking away the status bar that shows you that is a pretty stupid design flaw.

At any rate it's back to normal now. I was thinking of buying a microSD upgrade for it anyway but if memory/space issues can clunk it up, I think I'll go ahead and do that since I'm not due for an upgrade for a while.
The J-7 Crown was my work phone. Got the SD card and only ever had 1 issue despite beating the crap out of it. Went in then and allowed it to perform the "clean now" and it was fixed.

We have a habit of saving everything even though we could just grab it off the web again *if we ever truly needed it. And everything we try out stores junk.
Back up anything you truly don't want to lose and allow the phone to clean the files ever so often. Does wonders.

Reactions: UTProf
I have a J7 and while its initial quality was high, once memory started becoming an issue, the whole phone has clunked up and been mediocre at best. I'm gonna be upgrading in a few months. Still sticking with Samsung, just getting away from a budget phone.
I love my galaxy 9+. It seems to have unlimited memory with a nano memory chip.

I know some people have somewhat scoffed at mentions of us being #2 in returning production. The common rebuttal being something along the lines of "but if you're returning mediocre players, then what is that really worth?" And that is where some judgments and estimations can be made to adjust for how good said returning players have been...or just let Bill C. do the leg work for us.

Bill C. applies the returning production to last year's S&P+ metric. Using this, he ranks our returning production as 28th. Fwiw he has our preseason S&P+ ranking as 21st.

2019’s projected 130-team S&P+ rankings, from Bama to UTEP

Reactions: Sleegro
I know some people have somewhat scoffed at mentions of us being #2 in returning production. The common rebuttal being something along the lines of "but if you're returning mediocre players, then what is that really worth?" And that is where some judgments and estimations can be made to adjust for how good said returning players have been...or just let Bill C. do the leg work for us.

Bill C. applies the returning production to last year's S&P+ metric. Using this, he ranks our returning production as 28th. Fwiw he has our preseason S&P+ ranking as 21st.

NM I read things wrong.

We get to play #s 1, 2, 6, 10, 16, and 18.

Phil Steele has our schedule the 7th toughest in the nation, too.

It’s a tall order to win more than 7.

We get to play #s 1, 2, 6, 10, 16, and 18.

Phil Steele has our schedule the 7th toughest in the nation, too.

It’s a tall order to win more than 7.
I'm telling yall, 7 wins is all we need. Anything more is GRAVY! 6 would be slightly disappointing. 5 would be unacceptable.

Also need another top 12ish class

Alright lads here it is

Georgia State (Auto): W
BYU (This one may be close): W
Chattanooga (Auto): W
Florida (Need one more year): L
Georgia (Too much talent): L
Mississippi State (50/50): ?
Alabama (Lol no): L

South Carolina (60/40 Vols): ?
UAB (Closer than we would like): W
Kentucky (It's Kentucky): W
@Missouri (40-60 Zoo): ?
Vanderbilt (MUST WIN): W

Between 6 and 8 wins is very very likely.

*IF* We can win our last four or five regular season games AND win the bowl, heading into the offseason the hype train will start up strongly.

Last edited:
He also has an ERA over 5. I know it will go down eventually but he isn't the same guy anymore. Still would have liked to have him over Luke Jackson:rolleyes:
He had one terrible outing early on. The game was already out of reach. He still makes me nervous but he seems to be settling in. At least, I hope he is.

Alright lads here it is

Georgia State (Auto): W
BYU (This one may be close): W
Chattanooga (Auto): W
Florida (Need one more year): L
Georgia (Too much talent): L
Mississippi State (50/50): ?
Alabama (Lol no): L

South Carolina (60/40 Vols): ?
UAB (Closer than we would like): W
Kentucky (It's Kentucky): W
@Missouri (40-60 Zoo): ?
Vanderbilt (MUST WIN): W

Between 6 and 8 wins is very very likely.

*IF* We can win our last four or five regular season games AND win the bowl, heading into the offseason the hype train will start up strongly.
Vandy is must win for many reasons. Gotta win our own state. No excuses...dont even care if JG and Chandler are out with injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back