'20 TN ATH Darion Williamson (FSU Commit)

VolQuest - BREAKING: Vols land west Tennessee athlete Darion Williamson

Having never trained to run the 40-yard dash, Haywood athlete Darion Williamson bent down and took off. The sweat didn't have time to surface in the 4.5 seconds that Williamson barreled down the field of Tennessee's indoor complex last month.
Jeremy Pruitt took notice and offered the raw athlete on the spot.

ua9pq5qbocps0fbatq2v

Lol I love how people cite Chris Russell as a huge miss as if we didn't get Henry T. days later.
I am well aware that we got To'oto'o. I don't need a reminder.

That doesn't change the fact we slowed played an unheralded recruit that decided to go elsewhere after we turned up the heat. I never said he was a huge miss. However he was a miss. All I was saying today is that we did not do the same thing with Williamson.

Last edited:
Pretty clear our staff has decided they want SEC level athletes and they will develop them into football players when they get here. Hope it works.

Reactions: Devo182
Pretty clear our staff has decided they want SEC level athletes and they will develop them into football players when they get here. Hope it works.
Kinda noticed that with the basketball team this year. Get them as wildly athletic as possible (Pons) and coach the mess out of ‘em. Figure out a position for them when they get here and get some meat on their bones.

He has connections that would make your head spin, from power brokers to coaches to everyone in-between. That is how LSU got guys like Frank Herron a few years back, EdO did not want to lose Austin to anybody. He makes guys like Rodney Garner and Dell McGee look like choirboys.
Go on...

One of the 247 writers said he produced several jaw dropping moments in his camp workout, caught everything and showed out in speed and jump drills.
Sorta like when the Honey Badger came in and wrecked the place. Only Kiffin didn’t even try. I’d be happy if he ends up like Marquez White.

We have much better coaches now than when Palmer got here, plus the comparison is this kids junior film vs Palmer's senior highlights. Let's wait and see how much this kid progresses this season. He could end up being the steal of the class, but we have about 3 commits that could fit that profile.

VN Store

Back