'20 DC WR Rakim Jarrett (Maryland signee)

Agreed. CP just had that play making ability that Hunter lacked. To answer your question the last receiver I remember being elite.... I want to say Robert Meachem ?

Now when CP got the ball in his hands, the guy was absolutely box office. Like anothe poster said Da'Rick was elite. Meachem was a freakng stud.

The fact that Patterson was the best player maker in all of college football makes him an elite wide receiver. If you are lining up at the wide receiver position and getting in the endzone you are doing your job as a wide receiver.

From what I've seen, teachers do a good job, better than one would think by reading comments from peep who do not know what they are talking about.

The fact that Patterson was the best player maker in all of college football makes him an elite wide receiver. If you are lining up at the wide receiver position and getting in the endzone you are doing your job as a wide receiver.

Nope. His WR numbers are very pedestrian. His end arounds and kick returns is what made him. His route running was average as were his hands. CP was not a great WR.

Hunter was on his way to a special sophomore season before the injury. He still bounced back well, but I still believe he could’ve been one of the best receivers we’ve had were it not for that setback. I think Callaway is in for a big season.

Reactions: gnm53108
Nope. His WR numbers are very pedestrian. His end arounds and kick returns is what made him. His route running was average as were his hands. CP was not a great WR.
End around is still a player from the wide receiver position and should be taken into consideration. I would take a whole team of average wide receivers if the avg over 15 yards a touch and had over 1000 yards and 8 touchdowns in their one year of SEC football.

Da'rick never did anything in a UT uniform that was elite so I am not going to count a guy that did not produce at all. Patterson was talented and great in space once he caught it or if he was returning punts or kicks which he was better at than Wr. He wasn't a elite Wr because he is a horrible route runner and a average pass catcher and quite frankly not very physical. Elite means you can do it all, neither were elite performers they were elite potiential. Tennessee has had great recievers in their history, many on here are too young to even remember or have seen them. McGee, Gault, Miller, Clinkscales, Fleming, Morgan, Price, I could go on for awhile. GBO!!!!!

Da'rick never did anything in a UT uniform that was elite so I am not going to count a guy that did not produce at all. Patterson was talented and great in space once he caught it or if he was returning punts or kicks which he was better at than Wr. He wasn't a elite Wr because he is a horrible route runner and a average pass catcher and quite frankly not very physical. Elite means you can do it all, neither were elite performers they were elite potiential. Tennessee has had great recievers in their history, many on here are too young to even remember or have seen them. McGee, Gault, Miller, Clinkscales, Fleming, Morgan, Price, I could go on for awhile. GBO!!!!!
He was first team all SEC

VN Store

Back