2019 Summer Ball Thread

I think Will Heflin can make a pretty good living in a situational role getting lefties out without question. Huge weapon. Has improved immensely
I just went and looked at his stats from this year. He gave up 8 earned runs on the year. He gave up 3 to Fresno St, 2 to Arkansas, 1 to Mississippi St, 1 to Tennessee Tech, and 1 to Belmont.

So in 9 SEC appearances he gave up a run twice. He absolutely is an SEC reliever.

Hef arguably was our best arm in the North Carolina regional. Yes, inconsistent at times during the year however he filled in well when Redmond was getting a little tired late in the year

Reactions: RollerVol
I just went and looked at his stats from this year. He gave up 8 earned runs on the year. He gave up 3 to Fresno St, 2 to Arkansas, 1 to Mississippi St, 1 to Tennessee Tech, and 1 to Belmont.

So in 9 SEC appearances he gave up a run twice. He absolutely is an SEC reliever.

If he was so good why was he not drafted ? I am sure there is a role in the major leagues for such a valuable arm

*****thanks for looking the stats up for me I had no idea he was such an ace.****my fault!

Go Will....

Like has been mentioned here he might need a velo jump for that to happen

What is his velo these days?

I saw guns on him in NC and in Harwich recently. He tops out 90 -91 but he used to work mid 80s and now that has shifted 87-89. He is coming up and with movement. Also mentioned earlier...velo alone does not equal strikes. A flat fastball even at 100 is gonna go over the fence. A low 90s upper 80s fastball that is downhill with late life is much harder to hit clean and usually is not. Combine that with an effective change up and some breaking pitches...recipe for Ks. Maybe dear Rumorgirl has been misunderstood...maybe she meant WH is not "just" SEC quality. He did go 1.2.3 vs a UCLA Bruin, a GT Yellowjacket, and a Florida Gator when I saw him in the Cape. So, that is more like NCAA quality I think. I'm sure that was it. Honestly, I was glad to see him make the decision to return for his Senior year. He graduated in 3 and was eligible to go anywhere he wanted. Do you really think that noone else saw his outings in NC and thought...hmm I wonder if he would consider a transfer. How many leftys does LSU or Mizzou have just as examples? I think the kid is a work in progress and we are gonna see more of what is going on with our VFL, SEC, NCAA, lefty soon enough. I may be completely wrong, but Coach A and V are not actually known as bad judges of baseball talent, and they wanted him back.

I saw guns on him in NC and in Harwich recently. He tops out 90 -91 but he used to work mid 80s and now that has shifted 87-89. He is coming up and with movement. Also mentioned earlier...velo alone does not equal strikes. A flat fastball even at 100 is gonna go over the fence. A low 90s upper 80s fastball that is downhill with late life is much harder to hit clean and usually is not. Combine that with an effective change up and some breaking pitches...recipe for Ks. Maybe dear Rumorgirl has been misunderstood...maybe she meant WH is not "just" SEC quality. He did go 1.2.3 vs a UCLA Bruin, a GT Yellowjacket, and a Florida Gator when I saw him in the Cape. So, that is more like NCAA quality I think. I'm sure that was it. Honestly, I was glad to see him make the decision to return for his Senior year. He graduated in 3 and was eligible to go anywhere he wanted. Do you really think that noone else saw his outings in NC and thought...hmm I wonder if he would consider a transfer. How many leftys does LSU or Mizzou have just as examples? I think the kid is a work in progress and we are gonna see more of what is going on with our VFL, SEC, NCAA, lefty soon enough. I may be completely wrong, but Coach A and V are not actually known as bad judges of baseball talent, and they wanted him back.
Thanks for the update. I know the coaches were thrilled to get him back. With a velo jump like that combined with his stuff he will be very effective next year. This pitching staff could be scary good.

Thanks for the update. I know the coaches were thrilled to get him back. With a velo jump like that combined with his stuff he will be very effective next year. This pitching staff could be scary good.
Absolutely. Has anyone seen Wallace throw lately? That kid has a spike that is unreal. I believe the options for starters and relievers could be very interesting. Fall should be good stuff this year.

Absolutely. Has anyone seen Wallace throw lately? That kid has a spike that is unreal. I believe the options for starters and relievers could be very interesting. Fall should be good stuff this year.
He’s having a solid summer up in the cape as well. Had one rough outing that inflated his numbers a little bit.

If he was so good why was he not drafted ? I am sure there is a role in the major leagues for such a valuable arm

*****thanks for looking the stats up for me I had no idea he was such an ace.****my fault!

Go Will....

VN Store

Back