Rugby

ATL getting a pro team.

That makes a lot of sense. LIFE chiropractic has had some of the best teams in collegiate rugby and sponsored a great men’s program for years. There are also two or three other men’s clubs in the area.

Add to that the proximity of some really good college rugby ( Tennessee, Clemson, Arkansas State etc) the Atlanta team should be pretty good.

That makes a lot of sense. LIFE chiropractic has had some of the best teams in collegiate rugby and sponsored a great men’s program for years. There are also two or three other men’s clubs in the area.

Add to that the proximity of some really good college rugby ( Tennessee, Clemson, Arkansas State etc) the Atlanta team should be pretty good.
The team name kills me tho. Lol.

Played rugby in college and played against Life 4-5 times in 15’s and a couple times in 7’s. Let’s just say I didn’t enjoy it haha. They basically ran over us, we stood no chance. Hell of a program.

Played rugby in college and played against Life 4-5 times in 15’s and a couple times in 7’s. Let’s just say I didn’t enjoy it haha. They basically ran over us, we stood no chance. Hell of a program.

That’s about right for any college team that isn’t as well funded as they are. Played and coached against them as well. Not a lot of fun. Cal, BYU, and the other schools that have made Rugby a varsity sport are at a different place.

Just woke up to the score. Seriously disappointed. we'll have to skim through the game after work.

True statement. USA Rugby is on the rise but the World Cup shows the difference between the tier 1 nations and everyone else. New Zealand put up 71 with their reserves against Namibia. The Eagles just don’t have the players that the tier one countries do.

Reactions: ShoalCreekVol
The time difference makes watching these RWC games difficult. My DVR is filling up. Once the next round starts there will be some great games and I’ll avoid checking scores.

Rugby is a much faster game than American football or soccer. Nonstop action. It could easily replace football. They have serious injuries but without the pads and helmet players they can't use their bodies as weapons. Its like boxing gloves vs. bare knuckle. Who takes less punishment the bare knuckle who gets knocked out when hit or the boxer who takes 250 punches to the head during a fight?

It’s growing. Over 1500 US colleges play rugby. Most cities of any size have men’s and women’s teams. There’s just not much money invested yet. MLR is a new league and seems to be doing well. Also... University of Tennessee men’s rugby is one of the best teams in the southeast and is currently in season.

VN Store

Back