Dan Mullen: We got lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why must you say stupid things? I swear when people say things like this I want to shove an ice pick in my ears.

No, But I didn't want Mullen either. I'm sorry, I didn't realize those were my only two choices.

Anybody got an ice pick Behr can borrow? 😉

Mullen is a good coach, let’s pump the breaks on elite right now. Idk what Mullen started with at Florida bc I couldn’t give a crap about Florida football but I highly doubt any coach could have a worse Strength program than we did with Butch. Talent may have been similar from a recruiting perspective but we’re farther behind as far as development IMO.

Oh, trust me, UF can match the strength program horror stories under Mac. Don’t get me started.

Dudes (at least the ones who cared) were going to off campus gyms to get extra workouts because the football workouts sucked so bad. Nobody was being tracked, gains weren’t tracked, goals weren’t set, workouts were cookie-cutter, WR’s doing same programs as D-linemen for example, workouts were insufficiently supervised, which means immature players screwed around and didn’t truly push themselves. It was a disaster. That alone was enough to get McElwain canned.

Reactions: Volanta
Why must you say stupid things? I swear when people say things like this I want to shove an ice pick in my ears.

No, But I didn't want Mullen either. I'm sorry, I didn't realize those were my only two choices.
Atheists and Gator fans. Obsessed with what OTHERS believe. 😴

LOL to all of you. He has a top 10 class right now and won a boatload of more games than we did last year with marginally better talent. Mullen was a home run hire for them and will mostl likely dominate us for the next few years

Lol to your seemingly torn up butt because some of disagree about your love of the Gators' coach.

It's genuinely hard for me to imagine you being upset if Mullen fails and proves you wrong. I hope we never find out, but tell me you wouldn't enjoy being right.

Reactions: DonDiego
Oh, trust me, UF can match the strength program horror stories under Mac. Don’t get me started.

Dudes (at least the ones who cared) were going to off campus gyms to get extra workouts because the football workouts sucked so bad. Nobody was being tracked, gains weren’t tracked, goals weren’t set, workouts were cookie-cutter, WR’s doing same programs as D-linemen for example, workouts were insufficiently supervised, which means immature players screwed around and didn’t truly push themselves. It was a disaster. That alone was enough to get McElwain canned.
But they actually worked out right? Didn’t just sign a sheet? Yeah I’ll take the Mac workout over Butch then.

It's important to me to add.. Pruitt was not on my list, but I'm now glad we did not get one who was and until I change my mind, which IS allowed, I'm happy with Pruitt and had rather have him than Mullen.

Obligatory Gators Suck.
to be fair, he wasn't on anyone's list really lol.

It's important to me to add.. Pruitt was not on my list, but I'm now glad we did not get one who was and until I change my mind, which IS allowed, I'm happy with Pruitt and had rather have him than Mullen.

Obligatory Gators Suck.
First list? Nowhere in sight. In hindsight there wasn’t exactly a murderer’s row of homerun hires. Scott Frost was extremely promising but I called that one as soon as his predecessor at his alma mater started tanking...that was always his final destination. Chip Kelly..., was meh on Mullen and I refuse to apologize. If he had been hired, I would have fully supported him...I’m a Vols fan. That always x’s out any “I told you so” cred. That was our HOF smorgasbord. By the time Fulmer took over, I was more interested in ANYONE that wasn’t a dart being thrown at a board. Multiple interviewing and vetting and a clear plan on staff hiring...that’s a process I respect

Look OP I like Pruitt and hope he gets it done but Mullen embarrassed the VOLS last year making Pruitt look like a "small school coach." I am looking forward to the days when the rivalry will sway in our favor but as of right now, Mullen ate Pruitt's lunch. I could also care less if we have a down to earth country boy coach. UT needs to win some damn games and quit being the laughing stock of CFB.

No, you weren't the only one.

The funny thing to me about it is how much it bothers the ones that think he's God's gift to football. I didn't want Dan Mullen so obviously I hate him and think he sucks.
I dont really know of anyone who thinks he is "Gods gift to football" but he is a solid hire and a good coach. Either way I like Pruitt and support him 100%

Reactions: Jaws
Y’all do realize that Mullen is the greatest coach in the history of Mississippi State football, right? Y’all do realize he made that sooped-up High School stadium one of the toughest places in America to play football. Y’all do realize he had Mississippi State ranked solidly number one in the country at one point for an extended period of time. Y’all do realize he’s one of the very few coaches who left Mississippi State on his own accord as opposed to being fired. He was taking Mississippi State to bowl games yearly, when before he arrived, Mississippi State was the Vandy of the SEC west.

His results at Mississippi State, combined with his stunningly good first year at Florida, shouts that Mullen is an elite coach.
I think Mullen is a good coach but he needs to win some championships to become elite.

But they actually worked out right? Didn’t just sign a sheet? Yeah I’ll take the Mac workout over Butch then.

Actually, who freaking knows. But we can agree that both Butch and Mac were crap coaches.

I think Mullen is a good coach but he needs to win some championships to become elite.

That’s fair. And I agree, 10-3 and 7th in America is great, but pretty soon, UF fans will wanna hang something in the stadium.

You are the biggest Mullen fan I know. Pruitt will blow by him after another class or two and dont be surprised if we beat them this year at the swamp soundly.
Beat them....you mean like every year when Vol fans boldly and stupidly say..."THIS is the year...last year was a fluke" or something stupid like that?

Reactions: KBVol and 08Vol
Just like a certain singer fits a song; I think Tennessee & Pruitt are a perfect match. We WILL be BACK ON TOP OF THE FOOTBALL WORLD. (where we belong) all rights reserved.

Beat them....you mean like every year when Vol fans boldly and stupidly say..."THIS is the year...last year was a fluke" or something stupid like that?
We have actually beaten them 4 out of the last 5 years.

First list? Nowhere in sight. In hindsight there wasn’t exactly a murderer’s row of homerun hires. Scott Frost was extremely promising but I called that one as soon as his predecessor at his alma mater started tanking...that was always his final destination. Chip Kelly..., was meh on Mullen and I refuse to apologize. If he had been hired, I would have fully supported him...I’m a Vols fan. That always x’s out any “I told you so” cred. That was our HOF smorgasbord. By the time Fulmer took over, I was more interested in ANYONE that wasn’t a dart being thrown at a board. Multiple interviewing and vetting and a clear plan on staff hiring...that’s a process I respect
You know where I stood. Mullen wouldn't pull the classes at TN to win a NC. May happen in FL with their in state LOYAL talent but not here. Was willing to go unknown cause at least there was a shot.

Nothing he does there will ever relate to here. Nothing.

I think you’re whistling through the graveyard. Mullen’s presence at Florida, and his results on the field last year with a team that everyone claimed before the season was talent deficient, has UF rivals paying close attention. Deep in their guts, rival fans know UF is always a good coach away from greatness. And if Mullen builds on last season, and continues recruiting at a top 10 level, Florida will resume its spot as the elite team in the SEC east. Florida has beaten Alabama 4 times in SEC title games. Nobody else can claim that.

Miami, FSU, Georgia fans, and to some extent UT fans, are literally hanging on to every word from Mullen’s mouth, and analyzing every player move, every commitment, decommittment, transfer, etc. They certainly didn’t do this with Mac or Muschamp. There is a reason for this. If Florida has a similar or better season this year to last year’s 10-win debut, that Florida machine may become unstoppable again like it was under its two other great coaches. And that idea has Gator haters worried as hell. Posts like this prove my point. Nobody was hand-wringing about McElwain or Muschamp. Nobody was twisting themselves into pretzels embellishing perceived bad news when Mac was at UF. The transfer portal is a perfect example. As has been shown many times, and can be looked up, UF is actually very normal, and even slightly on the lower side, when it comes to the transfer portal. But if you listen to rival fans, you’d think UF was leading the country and all of their projected starters have entered the portal.

Rival fans of Florida are doing all they can to blunt the momentum of Florida’s program. Embellishing the transfers or claiming because a few guys didn’t qualify in a recruiting class that Florida will be devastated, is laughable. Mullen has done a brilliant job of making Florida the most studied and talked about team in America this offseason. In a few short weeks, nobody will even remember that a hand full of 4th stringers entered the transfer portal, but they’ll sure remember the butt kicking they received at the hands of Dan Mullen’s 2019 Gators.[

What makes u think ANYONE on this VOL sitr would be interested in ur post??

Reactions: chargervol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back