Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...time to catch up on this YouTube TV talk. Just noticed at&t bill skyrocketed to $200! Started at $105 2 years ago. Helll naw they gettin canceled. #NoInterviews

Either that or call Comcast. I hate both of their customer services, but I will take another two years at $120.

I know someone who got Comcast free for a whole year because they would call every couple months and threaten to cancel and switch to U-Verse.

That doesn't always work. We did that originally with Comcast for a couple of years. Then, we did it a final time and the rep said she couldn't do anything. We canceled, ordered Uverse, and a rep called back asking why we canceled, and my wife said "because I think you were the same one that said you couldn't do anything."

Now, Uverse has gotten too high.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Youtube tv is $50

Yea, I get that. But it's not a straight trade off. Part of my cable bill is internet, which is still required for Youtube TV. I would have to look into it, but there may also be an app or two that I would have to get for channels that my kids watch.

I may one day go to it, but I have always said that if my cable bill is ~ $120 or less than I can justify that rate.

It won’t matter if their pass rush chews us up like it did last year. That has traditionally been our downfall against them, when their DL just controls the game.
I think Chaney is smart enough to make adjustments to get the offense in the right play.

Plus it's a long summer in Gainesville. Credit cards to steal, transfers, Goofy Dan ...etc.

I want to cut the cord completely and switch to YouTubeTV but internet is going to make it same price for us basically as having cable.

It’s going to be $40/month for us to get rid of Direct TV but keep the internet and that’s with a 1TB data cap. I know it’s a ton of data, and realistically we would probably never go over it but still worries me. If we want unlimited data its another $30/month on top so $70/month. We called Comcast and they were same thing except even more expensive for unlimited data. I’m worried about not getting unlimited and then going over the data cap. They don’t throttle your speeds they just charge you extra, and it’s expensive.

Anyone else have this issue?

Reactions: VolGee4
I dont think we will have a good pass rush. DBs will have their hands full all year, but they are talented
We shall see. I tend to believe Butch's players were not trash. They were in a trash program. Pruitt has righted the ship and I think some players are going to surprise. It is amazing to see what a group of young men can do when they all start pulling in the same direction.

I want to cut the cord completely and switch to YouTubeTV but internet is going to make it same price for us basically as having cable.

It’s going to be $40/month for us to get rid of Direct TV but keep the internet and that’s with a 1TB data cap. I know it’s a ton of data, and realistically we would probably never go over it but still worries me. If we want unlimited data its another $30/month on top so $70/month. We called Comcast and they were same thing except even more expensive for unlimited data. I’m worried about not getting unlimited and then going over the data cap. They don’t throttle your speeds they just charge you extra, and it’s expensive.

Not necessarily with data, but I run the numbers every couple of years or so. I don't believe cutting the cord would save a whole lot of money, if at all, as long as I manage my cable bill.

Reactions: ionaVOL
I stream you tube tv through Apple TV. Cost more initially but far superior to other options.
If you have a modernish flat screen, it should have an HDMI slot or two in the back. If it does, use a Roku stick and run it through that imo. The TV doesnt have to be a smart TV to run it, just have the slot. Both Roku and Fire sticks have small remotes to control them.
Roku hooks into HDMI and has it's own remote.
Thanks for the answers. I've been researching today and think I'm gonna go with a ROKU if I drop Direct TV, which I will do if they don't cut me another really good deal. And I do have an HDMI slot on my TVs.

Oh, I guess I need a separate device for each TV?

I just did unlimited...we stream a lot....4 or 5 TV plus working from home.

Anyone can talk about doom and gloom but you know Fulmer and Pruitt are going to get this thing turned around. If you're that close to the program, it should be easy to see. I don't believe in doom and gloom.

Maybe he sees it but he’s not telling.

It may not make a whole lot of difference but I sort of always try to check to see if stats are getting padded against mediocre competition. So in looking at Herbert's passing stats for last year I find that he threw 4 of his TDs against a 4-7 Portland State FCS team. He threw 5 TDs against a 3-9 Bowling Green team and he threw 3 more against a 1-11 San Jose State team. He only had one other game where he threw 3 TDs. That was against 9-5 Utah. I'm not arguing the guy is not a good QB just that numbers for any QB are affected by a lot of things including the guys around him, his level of competition, and the guy up in the booth who is calling plays.

This is my favorite stat in the comparison of these 2 QBs. Herbert, while having the lower completion %, actually COMPLETED only 6 fewer passes on the year than Guarantano was even allowed to ATTEMPT. I think that might have something to do with the differing coaching philosophies involved. jmo.

This is a quip from Phil Steele on his blog:
I don’t think Herbert is a good QB and I think an NFL team is going to regret drafting him. Especially if the rumors are true that he cries a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back