'20 GA ATH Arik Gilbert (LSU commit)

Then why couldn’t Richt recruit at this level?
For most of his tenure, Richt got very good talent. That wasn't his problem. Early on when he was having success on the field, he was even more successful recruiting.

Unless a guy is clueless... he can recruit talent to UGA.

He did recruit talent.

You’d have to be a very piss poor coach to not be able recruit well in the state of Georgia.
Richt did recruit well at UGA, but not at this level. Smart has already signed more 5-stars in his short tenure than Richt did in all his years. Richt never had a 300 pt class, Smart has had one each year and will again this year.

Richt did well with elite skill players, never would recruit enough elite linemen.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
Richt did recruit well at UGA, but not at this level. Smart has already signed more 5-stars in his short tenure than Richt did in all his years. Richt never had a 300 pt class, Smart has had one each year and will again this year.

Richt did well with elite skill players, never would recruit enough elite linemen.

There have been more 5 stars in the state of Georgia the past few years than there have ever been if I recall correctly. It’s kind of flawed with the Richt vs. Smart debate.

Last edited:
After watching the final cut for both, Gilbert is the much better athlete and more quick twitch than Washington. He will definitely give you more after the catch and stretch the field better. That being said, Washington will be unstoppable in 3rd down and red zone situations. The kid is almost 6'8" and still plenty athletic. He uses his frame well to shield defenders from the ball already. Which would I rather have? The answer is both.

There have been more 5 stars in the state of Georgia the past few years than there have ever been if I recall correctly. It’s kinda flawed logic with the Richt vs. Smart debate.
5Stars are coming from Tennessee…NewYork…Florida….Washington…State of Georgia highschool has been pretty average during the Smart years ..except that UGA is now keeping stud OL that left for Bama or Tennessee in Athens

I agree with this.

Richt recruited well but Kirby is recruiting on another level.

The main difference being OL. uga was known for having a weak OL under Richt. Not that way anymore with Pittman running it.

Reactions: secking
I agree with this.

Richt recruited well but Kirby is recruiting on another level.

The main difference being OL. uga was known for having a weak OL under Richt. Not that way anymore with Pittman running it.

Id like to add that Kirby is recruiting better than most. but of the 900 lbs Gorrilla's UGA will always be soft.

VN Store

Back