Jordan Bone to the Pistons

I don't want to be negative at all because I love him as a player. But I think he cost himself a LOT of money by coming out early. One more year and he could easily have been a first round pick.
There were 3 seniors drafted in the first round last night. Seniors just typically don't get drafted in round 1. It is totally different than the NFL draft. Bone would have to have been in the national player of the year discussion to vault up to round 1 next year. I'm not sure why this has been such a hard concept to grasp.

Reactions: pimo1
So you start in the minor league at a reduced salary and if the brass decides you get called up for the league minimum?

What is this 2 way contract of which you speak?
Basically the team signs you to play for the d league but can call you up at which point then you get the NBA contract. As opposed to signing then getting assigned. Basically it's a step down from getting signed then sent to g-league. Think of it as blueshirting.

Reactions: sport3500
Dang skippy….gotta bring your a-game every minute and take care of yourself off the court.

Sounds like Bone might get some decent PT if the Pistons don’t sign anyone else at PG.

Last edited:
Bone signed a two-way contract with Detroit. By the definition of how those contracts work, he can't be on an active NBA roster for more than 45 days unless they want to take on more of his salary.
NBA G League 101: Two-Way Contracts - NBA G League
Yeah, he still is likely to get a lot of PT this year during those 45 games. Looking at Reggie Jackson’s past it is likely he will not make it through the whole 82 games (Reggie Jackson Stats | Basketball-Reference.com). So, Bone is going to be the second or third pg a lot of nights. Further, with load management being so prevalent, a lot of the 2 way guys get some good run i.e. Alex Caruso, Damion Lee, Quinn Cook.

Yeah, he still is likely to get a lot of PT this year during those 45 games. Looking at Reggie Jackson’s past it is likely he will not make it through the whole 82 games (Reggie Jackson Stats | Basketball-Reference.com). So, Bone is going to be the second or third pg a lot of nights. Further, with load management being so prevalent, a lot of the 2 way guys get some good run i.e. Alex Caruso, Damion Lee, Quinn Cook.
I certainly hope Bone plays a decent amount this year. Would love to see him show off some skills as a rookie

Reactions: Vols All Day
Was wondering the same thing. Turned on game havent seen him yet. Checked box score, his name isnt listed.

Dumbest policy that the NBA has. Either move your league calendar up or let these teams announce and play their players.
I don’t think it happens every year. For example July 6th will be on a Monday next year. It’s like holiday date

I don’t think it happens every year. For example July 6th will be on a Monday next year. It’s like holiday date

Doesn’t matter. It’s always after the draft, so any trades can’t be announced. Draft picks via trade can’t be introduced until the league year starts. It’s dumb.

VN Store

Back