Jordan Bone to the Pistons

ESPN showed him drafted by Hawks. NBA.com had him drafted by Pelicans. But there are also reports Pistons traded for his rights. So I'm not sure what team he's actually on, but he's in the NBA now.

Reactions: Vols All Day
Having 3 players taken has to enhance our recruiting efforts, I would think.
I'm sure it does. The '20 class will be the best Vols recruiting class of all time, ha n ds down. CoreyvWalker, Keon Johnson, either Springer or Hayes or Love at PG and hopefully PJ Hall. Possibly, three 5 stars and a top 50 4 star. Get used to seeing Vols drafted because it's about to happen every year

ESPN showed him drafted by Hawks. NBA.com had him drafted by Pelicans. But there are also reports Pistons traded for his rights. So I'm not sure what team he's actually on, but he's in the NBA now.
He still might be traded . You are right

Last edited:

I hate this so much. I think it hurts draft night. NFL doesnt allow it. Has to do with free agency starting after draft though.

As a Pistons fan, I'm stoked. Not only do we get a Tennessee guy, but we need a point guard...Reggie Jackson is injured all the time and is in the final year of his (over-paid) contract and, being completely unbiased, JB is a sleeper that could have a good career. Let's roll.

As a Pistons fan, I'm stoked. Not only do we get a Tennessee guy, but we need a point guard...Reggie Jackson is injured all the time and is in the final year of his (over-paid) contract and, being completely unbiased, JB is a sleeper that could have a good career. Let's roll.

Fellow Pistons fan here. Love the JB pick

Reactions: VOLFan65
Report is he will be signed a two way contract

Hmm I don't know how I would feel about that. Two way contract really hurts your chances if the right opportunity doesn't happen for that one team. I would think Detroit signs a backup pg and Bone is there for extra depth or G league. Being a two way contract, he can't go the CJ Watson 10 day contract route. Really hoping it works out

They Pistons are his best shot to make a roster. As was mentioned above their PG situation is just a mess most of the time.

Bone will sign a two-way deal with the Pistons, a source tells the Free Press.
The move will allow the Pistons to save a roster spot and avoid paying a second-round salary, saving a little money for free agency this offseason.
Point guard is a major area of concern as the Pistons seek to improve on a 41-41 season. Reggie Jackson is the only point guard on the roster as veterans Ish Smith and Jose Calderon are free agents. Smith remains a candidate to re-sign, but Calderon is likely not returning.

Hmm I don't know how I would feel about that. Two way contract really hurts your chances if the right opportunity doesn't happen for that one team. I would think Detroit signs a backup pg and Bone is there for extra depth or G league. Being a two way contract, he can't go the CJ Watson 10 day contract route. Really hoping it works out

If you’re picked after around #40, two way contract is really your only option.

Might be the best celebration video I've ever seen. Congrats to you Jordan!!! There's probably another couple hundred thousand fans celebrating with you, Grant, and the Admiral. All of you deserve it as much as any one in the draft. It's well documented how hard the 3 of you have worked. Thank you! for putting Tennessee back on the map of collegiate basketball and memories that will last a lifetime. You've inspired so many young players that aren't getting noticed, to keep going hard, and do not let someone recruiting magazine or talking head, tell you how good you can or can't be. What a honor for you to be able to genuinely lead by example.

Go Vols!

Reactions: Bassplayer30074

VN Store

Back