'20 NV TE Darnell Washington (UGA commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't Chaney his position coach last year and OC the last 3 years? Screw Kirby and his outdated hair-do, but since we acquired Chaney we are sort of leading with the chin on the Nauta underdevelopment argument. It seems Nauta is a classic case of a junior who jumped, but should have stayed in school.
Nauta is/was a good football player..he got drafted so late because he ran a 5 second 40 yard dash haha

Nauta is/was a good football player..he got drafted so late because he ran a 5 second 40 yard dash haha
Really? Not doubting you, but he looked pretty fast for his size picking up that fumble last year, but he did whiff on his block as others have said.

Kirby "Butch" Smart happened. These kids will start hitching their wagons elsewhere once guys like Quay Walker leave campus underdeveloped. He already have a many prospects on the underdeveloped list.

Things can change, but there is considerable chatter UGA will have three 1st rounders next year, maybe four, including the possible #1 overall. We can keep pinning our hopes that Lord Bowlcut will fall flat on his face, but we better be hoping Pruitt is able to start fielding solid teams. Seems a more likely scenario.

Kirby "Butch" Smart happened. These kids will start hitching their wagons elsewhere once guys like Quay Walker leave campus underdeveloped. He already have a many prospects on the underdeveloped list.

JR Reed (2 star, #1856 overall, and graded out higher than Delpit by PFF last year), Deandre Baker (#657 overall), and Solomon Kindley (#1051 overall), Eric Stokes (#668 overall) sure weren't developed at all right. Also, take Tae Crowder (#1868 overall) who is the highest graded coverage LB returning in the SEC to make a big jump in his play this year as he has only been playing ILB for 2 years. Comparing Kirby to Butch is just laughable.

Reactions: AaronUT
Things can change, but there is considerable chatter UGA will have three 1st rounders next year, maybe four, including the possible #1 overall. We can keep pinning our hopes that Lord Bowlcut will fall flat on his face, but we better be hoping Pruitt is able to start fielding solid teams. Seems a more likely scenario.
Even when Richt was a dead man walking he pulled in classes with the potential to be #1. Being underdeveloped at UGA is a given. The SEC Least is about to become the SEC Beast again.

JR Reed (2 star, #1856 overall, and graded out higher than Delpit by PFF last year), Deandre Baker (#657 overall), and Solomon Kindley (#1051 overall), Eric Stokes (#668 overall) sure weren't developed at all right. Also, take Tae Crowder (#1868 overall) who is the highest graded coverage LB returning in the SEC to make a big jump in his play this year as he has only been playing ILB for 2 years. Comparing Kirby to Butch is just laughable.
I can give you just as many highly rated guys who've yet to do a damn thing in Athens. And guys like Lecounte who doesn't seem to be getting any better as he get older. And guys who just left(Walker, Mecole, Ridley, Nauta) who failed to do anything at the college level. Not to mention no one has been worth a crap on the d-line since he got to Athens. Credit Pittman for pumping out o-linemen but you take that away you have a bunch of Richt/Pruitt guys that Kirby is giving credit for. Tae Crowder is trash, he's just fortunate Kirby couldn't get guys like Quay Walker and Tisdale up to speed. Looking forward to watching Beal, Cox and other highly rated sophomores fail to make a impact this season.

Reactions: TitanicVolz
I can give you just as many highly rated guys who've yet to do a damn thing in Athens. And guys like Lecounte who doesn't seem to be getting any better as he get older. And guys who just left(Walker, Mecole, Ridley, Nauta) who failed to do anything at the college level. Not to mention no one has been worth a crap on the d-line since he got to Athens. Credit Pittman for pumping out o-linemen but you take that away you have a bunch of Richt/Pruitt guys that Kirby is giving credit for. Tae Crowder is trash, he's just fortunate Kirby couldn't get guys like Quay Walker and Tisdale up to speed. Looking forward to watching Beal, Cox and other highly rated sophomores fail to make a impact this season.

Draft Scout 2021 FS Player Ratings Who is the top rated player in his draft class? Mecole and Ridley went early in large part to your new OC as least that is the scuttlebutt going in the lettermen's circle. And still drafted 2nd and 4th round. Nauta...sure he didn't do as well as expected, he never got any faster unlike just about every other player in the team. But throwing true freshmen in the "underdeveloped" category is just playing to your bias. Thompson you can hold against Smart as well. But giving Richt and Pruitt of all people credit for something they were there one year for...come on man. Cox and Beal have all the talent but has to get his focus and priorities straight.

Draft Scout 2021 FS Player Ratings Who is the top rated player in his draft class? Mecole and Ridley went early in large part to your new OC as least that is the scuttlebutt going in the lettermen's circle. And still drafted 2nd and 4th round. Nauta...sure he didn't do as well as expected, he never got any faster unlike just about every other player in the team. But throwing true freshmen in the "underdeveloped" category is just playing to your bias. Thompson you can hold against Smart as well. But giving Richt and Pruitt of all people credit for something they were there one year for...come on man. Cox and Beal have all the talent but has to get his focus and priorities straight.
Idgas what some BS site says. I watched Lecounte get completely ran through every time i turned on a UGA game, and Ty Chandler embarrass him in the open field. Why stop at Thompson? Rochester, Clark none of those UGA d-linemen have been worth a crap. Ok lets talk true freshmen corners. Pruitt rolled out Taylor & Bryce Thompson and turned them into ballers. I think 5 star Campbell just forgot to turn his head around again on another deep ball lulz

Reactions: Brillovol
Really? Not doubting you, but he looked pretty fast for his size picking up that fumble last year, but he did whiff on his block as others have said.
Yeah you can look it up..it was a huge surprise..before that he was projected to be a top 3 round pick

So, you name four guys who a)got drafted as underclassmen and b) was all All-SEC? You say only OL get credit yet 2 RB in the first 35 picks last year and UGA is the only school in the country with a WR picked in the last 3 drafts, just developed a 3 star into a 1st rd pick. 7 guys drafted, only one OL this year. The backfield of Reed/Lecounte is rated the tops in CFB. Did they develop themselves? You then move the goalposts to DL and say they haven’t done anything yet Ledbetter was All-SEC as is Jordan Davis this year. I will say the D is set up for the DL to clog and absorb giving the LBs free reign, UGA DL will never have gaudy #s. Since you are dogging Crowder figure I’d stop you before you mention Rice, also all-SEC. I’m just wondering where you are headed, the more you talk, the more you make his point?

Recently, highly-respected college football analyst Phil Steele released his top draft eligible players by position in college football.

Lecounte is ranked #1 FS and Reed #3 SS.

Last edited:
So, you name four guys who a)got drafted as underclassmen and b) was all All-SEC? You say only OL get credit yet 2 RB in the first 33 picks and UGA is the only school in the country with a WR picked in the last 3 drafts, just developed a 3 star into a 1st rd pick. The backfield of Reed/Lecounte is rated the tops in CFB. Did they develop themselves? You then move the goalposts to DL and say they haven’t done anything yet Ledbetter was All-SEC as is Jordan Davis this year. I will say the D is set up for the DL to clog and absorb giving the LBs free reign, UGA DL will never have gaudy #s. Since you are dogging Crowder figure I’d stop you before you mention Rice, also all-SEC. I’m just wondering where you are headed, the more you talk, the more you make his point?

Recently, highly-respected college football analyst Phil Steele released his top draft eligible players by position in college football.

Lecounte is ranked #1 FS and Reed #3 SS.
You drink that kool aid like Jim Jones poured it himself my friend. You guys recruit like Bama and Clemson yet annually get your **** pushed in by a team with a comparable roster. If you feel like y'all are getting the most out of these guys then hey, enjoy..

You drink that kool aid like Jim Jones poured it himself my friend. You guys recruit like Bama and Clemson yet annually get your **** pushed in by a team with a comparable roster. If you feel like y'all are getting the most out of these guys then hey, enjoy..
so you believe the past two Ga teams were in equal in talent to Bama? This is the first year UGA can say they are close to being toe to toe talent wise 1-85. Has Kirby had coaching mistakes? Sure he has, so did Pruitt, Saban, Richt, Dabo, and every other coach that has ever coached. Most get better with time. Another reason I think UT takes a big step forward, is Pruitt. He admitted first year, head was kinda spinning, it does for each coach, he’s growing from experience.

But, by teams with a comparable record you mean top 10? Well, Smart has a winning record vs top 10 competition and top 25 competition as well, not exactly always getting pushed around.

so you believe the past two Ga teams were in equal in talent to Bama? This is the first year UGA can say they are close to being toe to toe talent wise 1-85. Has Kirby had coaching mistakes? Sure he has, so did Pruitt, Saban, Richt, Dabo, and every other coach that has ever coached. Most get better with time. Another reason I think UT takes a big step forward, is Pruitt. He admitted first year, head was kinda spinning, it does for each coach, he’s growing from experience.

But, by teams with a comparable record you mean top 10? Well, Smart has a winning record vs top 10 competition and top 25 competition as well, not exactly always getting pushed around.
You're not being honest with yourself if you think GA hasn't had 1's and 2's that were toe to toe with Bama talent wise. 3rd team might get playing time on special teams, but GA top 50 players have been on par with Bama's the last 2 years. I don't feel like that's even really a debate. That's a tad homerish, but you are definitely allowed to have that opinion.

You're not being honest with yourself if you think GA hasn't had 1's and 2's that were toe to toe with Bama talent wise. 3rd team might get playing time on special teams, but GA top 50 players have been on par with Bama's the last 2 years. I don't feel like that's even really a debate. That's a tad homerish, but you are definitely allowed to have that opinion.
UGA has recently reached Bama in recruiting. In 2017 the starters were of similar talent, but Bama clearly had a depth advantage. In 2018 UGA got more depth, but was inexperienced. It’s easy to see if you match up by positions. Bama had advantages at WR, DL, and DB while UGA had an advantage at RB. The rest of the positions were a push imo.

Reactions: VolDC
So after reading this it has become clear..... Tennessee fans strongly dislike UGA and will continue to enjoy when they fail with any players or in any games like the Texas game last year..... and Go Vols!

Yeah, that's essentially the standard in rivalries these days. It feels like the animosity has increased over time, partly because opposing sides never had the opportunity for this much back and forth before the advent of the internet. I'm old fashioned I guess, but not sure I'd call it progress.

Reactions: JacketVol
Yeah, that's essentially the standard in rivalries these days. It feels like the animosity has increased over time, partly because opposing sides never had the opportunity for this much back and forth before the advent of the internet. I'm old fashioned I guess, but not sure I'd call it progress.
I hate Alabama the most, because I'm old and was raised to. Florida is a pretty close second, then Georgia.

I hate Alabama the most, because I'm old and was raised to. Florida is a pretty close second, then Georgia.

There have been two programs that I had strong feelings about. One was Florida under Urban Meyer, because I thought he was covering up a lot of serious bad behavior by players. The other has been Auburn at various times, for the same reason and because I thought they pushed the rules envelope more than most. As for Alabama, they have their share of dirt, but lately not as much because it's not as necessary.

Thing is, that depth is what can make the difference. You mentioned 3rd string, the SECCG, UGA was playing their 4th string OG against Bama. Injuries are part of the game but that OL last year took a beating, only one game was ‘the starting 5’ able to play together. 4th qtr, D’andre Walker was stonewalling Bama OL and the running game. He gets hurt, UGA has to put in a true freshman that quite frankly got whipped and whipped. Notice which side Bama ran with Hurts, it was all the same. Everyone was just pups behind Cox as well, to play in that type of game anyway. Injuries aren’t an excuse, next man up, but it’s a good thing if the next man up is talented too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back