'20 TN DL Corbet Mims (Ark State Commit)

Eh.. I mean I’m sure he’ll turn out to be a good player but if all goes well we won’t have the room

Yeah this is where only having 23 spots sucks. I can think of a bunch of blue chippers we’re in on and stand a good chance to get. But there’s also a bunch of “lower ranked” guys I’d like to land as well. Mims, Rybka, the wr from Texas who just transferred to Nashville, etc. Theres a bunch of players I like.

Memphis Kirby... they had a high school All American wrestler back in the early 90s, Markese Nelson...that guy was nasty.

- Not in any rush and will get more attention nationally as the year goes on.
- UT starting to push more here.

Per VQ podcast

Reactions: F0Rt_V0L
I think they had to shut down Kirby for a few weeks last year because of a rat infestation.

I didn’t say it was an interesting post.

Reactions: Easttnken
Roman Harrison had a crazy vert and showed out at camp. Are people comparing based off of some crazy combine result or just because he is a undersized and under the radar HS DT that will move positions?

Reactions: ChiTownVol
Yancy Porter of Ole Miss’s 247 page says he doesn’t think Ole Miss will take his commitment yet because they want him at OLB/DE, but they have never seen him play that due to him being a NG at Kirby. He is supposed to play DE/OLB this fall. He plans to commit on July 8th.

Yancy Porter of Ole Miss’s 247 page says he doesn’t think Ole Miss will take his commitment yet because they want him at OLB/DE, but they have never seen him play that due to him being a NG at Kirby. He is supposed to play DE/OLB this fall. He plans to commit on July 8th.
Interesting. VQ guys said TN will evaluate him this fall and he was committing later in the season.

Reactions: VOLuptuousBOOMS
I might get a bday boom then.

Tennessee offered 2020 Memphis (Tenn.) Kirby DE Corbet Mims tonight, adding to his quickly growing list. Mims won the defensive line MVP at the Rivals Camp in New Orleans earlier this spring and will be among the Top 20 in the state when the new rankings are released next month.

- Woody

March 17th: Mims put his name on the radar on Sunday by showing off a tremendous motor as a wide defensive end. He gave offensive line MVP Morris a run for his money on a few reps and generated good pressure off the edge. That speed was a thorn in the side of several offensive tackles.
Rivals.com - Prospects that earned their stripes at Rivals 3 Stripe Camp in New Orleans

July 1st: The two best defensive linemen on the day were Montra Edwards and Corbet Mims. Both are quick-twitched and both were dominant during most of their one-on-ones. Edwards is a defensive tackle who is explosive off the ball. Mims uses his length on the edge to beat pass blockers and could even play as an outside linebacker on the next level.
Top Performers: Southern Elite Combine Notebook

Hope we can snatch him up now before he blows up over the season and it becomes a fight. I'd gladly take him over Jordan Davis now.

VN Store

Back