Vacation / Travel

That's on our list, but I am afraid we waited too late. I'm responsible now for processing payroll for 120 people, and I can't make a 10 day trip work anymore. 😥
I know what you mean. We bill clients weekly and pay our employees every other week. It takes some planning to work it out.

You should tell them that it’s not good policy to have the same person continuously doing payroll without a break. I mean, how do they know you aren’t writing an extra check? 😂

Reactions: vollygirl
I know what you mean. We bill clients weekly and pay our employees every other week. It takes some planning to work it out.

You should tell them that it’s not good policy to have the same person continuously doing payroll without a break. I mean, how do they know you aren’t writing an extra check? 😂
I have the job cause they know me. 😎

Reactions: volmanbill
Have you been on an Alaska cruise before?

One of the most beautiful.

Do you have an aft cabin?
Yes, aft. This is our first Alaskan trip and it is absolutely gorgeous. We took a sea plane flight today from Juneau over 5 glaciers and landed at a remote lodge for a salmon bake.

362373F3-2F4B-4FD6-B7FD-F8E2CA19E25A.jpeg

BTW, Vol nation is well represented onboard. There have been many “Go Vols” exchanged this last couple days.

We booked an 8 day southern caribbean cruise for September (haven't done southern before). I can't wait! Haven't been to any of the 4 ports, but we'll probably stay on the ship at La Romana because we spent a week right up the coast in 2011, at the Iberostar Hacienda in Dominicus (that was a fabulous time too.)

And also decided we're doing an Alaska cruise next summer (hubby's sister is a teacher so she can't get away til next year.)

Going to be at a cabin outside of Robbinsville this weekend, anybody got any dining recommendations? Looks like The Hub is supposed to be good.

Third time... narrative is now in basic mode... sorry. Lost the first 2 posts.

Tried to convey the beauty of Fuji from a distance, at her base and on her slopes...

I used to take the flight from Hanada to Oita on a regular basis... and always enjoyed the view of Mt Fuji.
pNGNNtX.jpg

I took a tour to Fuji... and this shows the approach...
6AnT2XU.jpg

Finally, we had a short window to explore... so I took off up the slopes, but did not get too far. That hike to the top would be fun to do, but I am convinced it is a difficult trek based on my short time on the trail.
wc7uvLQ.jpg

@NEVolFan wife and I are headed to Japan in October. I'm intimately familiar with Kyushu, so we're spending a few days down south, but I get one outdoors/rural type day on this trip that I'd like to spend somewhere in the Fuji/five lakes region. Any good suggestions? Hiking up Fuji is a non-starter, it won't happen- but anything short with good views and some nice scenery work for me.

There is a boat tour in the Hakone lake that I took and a trip to the hot springs on a cable car. Seems like a nice area. A short drive gets you a great view of Fuji... photo opt.

Robbinsville is rough but the area around it is stunning. I suggest the Tapoco Lodge for dinner around that area.

Reactions: Danl

VN Store

Back