Georgia WR's

Fromm is short (for a QB), unathletic (for a QB) with an average to below average arm (for a QB). He does have the ability to turn left or right on handoffs and can hit mid range WRs if the D is overplaying the run game. His short lived NFL career will consist of a couple years on a practice squad before going into a booth to be a below average announcer. Unless the NFL moves to a wing T he has no NFL future.

Now crawl back into your echo chamber and brag about being 5 yards away from winning a national title while watching grainy replays of that 1980 national championship while pretending everything is just fine in Athens cause throwing a forward pass is a sign of weakness anyway.

So misinformed...

Reactions: Atlanta917
Fromm is short (for a QB), unathletic (for a QB) with an average to below average arm (for a QB). He does have the ability to turn left or right on handoffs and can hit mid range WRs if the D is overplaying the run game. His short lived NFL career will consist of a couple years on a practice squad before going into a booth to be a below average announcer. Unless the NFL moves to a wing T he has no NFL future.

Now crawl back into your echo chamber and brag about being 5 yards away from winning a national title while watching grainy replays of that 1980 national championship while pretending everything is just fine in Athens cause throwing a forward pass is a sign of weakness anyway.
2020 NFL Mock Draft - WalterFootball.com
Crazy how every analyst disagrees with you. I'm happy with what Kirby has accomplished in his short coaching career. He must be amazing considering he's winning with such a bad QB ;)

New unproven OC
No returning WRs or TEs
New Center
Only 1 returning RB
No backup QB
All the pressure in the world

Wow, where do I start.
New unproven OC -- Coley has been an OC before but with far less toys and not nearly as much talent at QB and OL to work with.

No returning WRs or TEs -- Charlie Woerner has a ton of game experience at TE and is a former WR as well, Tyler Simmons is back with a lot of experience at WR to go with former 5* Demetris Robertson. Cager comes in as a transfer from Miami but has a lot of experience as well.

New Center -- Sort of .. Trey Hill got a ton of reps last year most at guard, some at center but is easily more talented than Gaillard was .. no one should be worried about the OL in any way shape or form.

Only 1 returning RB -- Not sure where you got this from but Swift, Cook and Herrien all return from last year's team and all got quite a bit of touches last year. About as worried about this one as we are the OL .. not much. And Zeus is almost 100% healthy and the 4* freshman McIntosh is coming in as well.

No backup QB -- UGAs backups at QB aren't very different than anyone else's backup QB situation. A little thin here for the moment with lack of experience but it is what it is.

Warm bodies is not the same as returning proven guys
WRs per the depth chart
Demetris Robertson Stats, News, Bio | ESPN
Tyler Simmons Stats, News, Bio | ESPN
Tommy Bush Stats, News, Bio | ESPN
Kearis Jackson Stats | ESPN
TEs per depth chart
Charlie Woerner Stats | ESPN
John FitzPatrick Stats, News, Bio | ESPN

RB depth
Brian Herrien Stats, News, Bio | ESPN
James Cook Stats, News, Bio | ESPN

UGA QB depth
Stetson Bennett Stats, News, Bio | ESPN

Almost zero returning production at WR and TE.
Some depth at RB (about 100 Carrie's between them) the other guy is a redshirt freshman coming off a knee injury
No QB snaps behind Fromm
And a new Center.
An unproven OC
Weight of the world on Fromm.
Looking too hard at stats .. I guess .. trust me, the guys you are dissing here because of stats are guys every SEC team (Bennett and Fitz maybe not withstanding) would take on their team and wouldn't think hard about it.

There's nobody coaching at the college or pro level including Smart himself that would take Fromm over Tua except a homer fanboy.
It's not hard to see that against quality defenses last year, Tua struggled .. got to air it out against that HS defense at Oklahoma but against CU, UGA, MSU and LSU, just a different QB

2020 NFL Mock Draft - WalterFootball.com
Crazy how every analyst disagrees with you. I'm happy with what Kirby has accomplished in his short coaching career. He must be amazing considering he's winning with such a bad QB ;)
I read your link. It has Fromm as the 3rd QB taken in the 1st round in 2020. It doesn't say why just plugged a name in and a scenario were Winston bombs out in Tampa. Does anyone actually believe Fromm comes out early? That's absurd. Short 6'1.5 at best, not very athletic, average or worse arm isn't the recipe for a junior QB coming out. He is a less talented Aaron Murray and at best a 3rd round throw away pick in 2021. He brings no value as a 1st rounder.

And UGA doesn't need a talent at QB, just a solid game manager that doesn't screw the pooch. They win by out depthing and talenting a bad SEC east and lose to teams with comparable talent or a solid front 7 on D. Congrats on being the tallest midget in the SEC east.

I read your link. It has Fromm as the 3rd QB taken in the 1st round in 2020. It doesn't say why just plugged a name in and a scenario were Winston bombs out in Tampa. Does anyone actually believe Fromm comes out early? That's absurd. Short 6'1.5 at best, not very athletic, average or worse arm isn't the recipe for a junior QB coming out. He is a less talented Aaron Murray and at best a 3rd round throw away pick in 2021. He brings no value as a 1st rounder.

And UGA doesn't need a talent at QB, just a solid game manager that doesn't screw the pooch. They win by out depthing and talenting a bad SEC east and lose to teams with comparable talent or a solid front 7 on D. Congrats on being the tallest midget in the SEC east.

You hit the nail on the head. Fromm is a very good college QB, tip o' the hat, but he's Aaron Murray 2.0 without the wheels.

Literally every mock has him going in the first round. I’m sure you know more than nfl scouts, but they can’t all be wrong. UGA beat OU and top teams from the west and won the SEC. The East being weak isn’t an excuse when they go toe to toe with the best schools in the nation. I understand you’re not a fan of UGA, but you’re not attempting an honest conversation. I’m all for talking about football, but not with someone who is blinded by their own bias. I get it. You think fromm is the worst ever and UGA is awful. I doubt we get anywhere passed that, so we can agree to disagree.

Literally every mock has him going in the first round. I’m sure you know more than nfl scouts, but they can’t all be wrong. UGA beat OU and top teams from the west and won the SEC. The East being weak isn’t an excuse when they go toe to toe with the best schools in the nation. I understand you’re not a fan of UGA, but you’re not attempting an honest conversation. I’m all for talking about football, but not with someone who is blinded by their own bias. I get it. You think fromm is the worst ever and UGA is awful. I doubt we get anywhere past that, so we can agree to disagree.
We saw the same thing with Green and Murray. Right up til it was time for the NFL to call their names. Fromm will be a 4 year starter on a higher profile team and will be talked up by the talking heads right up til the draft. But at the end of the day he is still short, unathletic, with an average arm. I doubt he will be a top 5 QB in the the 2021 draft when he uses up his eligibility. If he's smart he would move his degree to a broadcast journalism related field.

We saw the same thing with Green and Murray. Right up til it was time for the NFL to call their names. Fromm will be a 4 year starter on a higher profile team and will be talked up by the talking heads right up til the draft. But at the end of the day he is still short, unathletic, with an average arm. I doubt he will be a top 5 QB in the the 2021 draft when he uses up his eligibility. If he's smart he would move his degree to a broadcast journalism related field.
Neither green nor Murray were ever projected to go first round. Again, if you want an honest conversation, lets do it. If not, no thanks.

Neither green nor Murray were ever projected to go first round. Again, if you want an honest conversation, lets do it. If not, no thanks.
From the bleacher report
Aaron Murray knows that he is going to be drafted high in the 2014 NFL Draft, which is why he came back for his senior season.
He could have been a first-round pick this year because the quarterback class is not as strong as it has been in previous years. But when scouts evaluated Murray, they gave him a second-to-third round grade.
So Murray is out to prove that he is ready for the NFL, which means he will be looking to put up big numbers for the Bulldogs as well as win a lot of games.
Murray should be able to accomplish both feats and that will lead to him being the No. 1 pick in the NFL Draft.

CBS Sports has Murray listed as the No. 3 quarterback prospect for the 2014 Draft behind Alabama’s A.J. McCarron and Virginia Tech’s Logan Thomas. Rob Rang of CBS Sports says Murray has the athleticism and toughness, along with plenty of arm strength, to handle the jump to the NFL.
However, Rang also says that Murray is a little short and has to get better with his decision-making in order to separate himself from the rest of the quarterback prospects.
Murray will be the No. 1 pick in the 2014 NFL Draft because he will have a career year this upcoming season.
With their entire offensive line returning as well as the running back duo of Keith Marshall and Todd Gurley, the Bulldogs will have an elite offense, which will lead to Murray putting up better numbers than he did last year.
In 2012, Murray threw for nearly 3,900 yards and 36 touchdowns, and that was good enough to make him second-best in the country in quarterback efficiency. There’s a really good chance he will throw for over 4,000 yards and 40 touchdowns this season, which would open the eyes of every NFL scout.
If Murray has another strong season, that would mean the Bulldogs will also be having a good year, which is another reason why Murray will be the top pick in the 2014 Draft.
When looking at quarterbacks, scouts love signal-callers that know how to win. Murray had trouble winning games his freshman year as he led the Bulldogs to a 6-7 record. But the last two years have been a lot different. Murray has led the Bulldogs to two consecutive 10-win seasons and two consecutive trips to the SEC Championship game.

UGA fans were all about it at the time.

Last edited:
From the bleacher report
Aaron Murray knows that he is going to be drafted high in the 2014 NFL Draft, which is why he came back for his senior season.
He could have been a first-round pick this year because the quarterback class is not as strong as it has been in previous years. But when scouts evaluated Murray, they gave him a second-to-third round grade.
So Murray is out to prove that he is ready for the NFL, which means he will be looking to put up big numbers for the Bulldogs as well as win a lot of games.
Murray should be able to accomplish both feats and that will lead to him being the No. 1 pick in the NFL Draft.

CBS Sports has Murray listed as the No. 3 quarterback prospect for the 2014 Draft behind Alabama’s A.J. McCarron and Virginia Tech’s Logan Thomas. Rob Rang of CBS Sports says Murray has the athleticism and toughness, along with plenty of arm strength, to handle the jump to the NFL.
However, Rang also says that Murray is a little short and has to get better with his decision-making in order to separate himself from the rest of the quarterback prospects.
Murray will be the No. 1 pick in the 2014 NFL Draft because he will have a career year this upcoming season.
With their entire offensive line returning as well as the running back duo of Keith Marshall and Todd Gurley, the Bulldogs will have an elite offense, which will lead to Murray putting up better numbers than he did last year.
In 2012, Murray threw for nearly 3,900 yards and 36 touchdowns, and that was good enough to make him second-best in the country in quarterback efficiency. There’s a really good chance he will throw for over 4,000 yards and 40 touchdowns this season, which would open the eyes of every NFL scout.
If Murray has another strong season, that would mean the Bulldogs will also be having a good year, which is another reason why Murray will be the top pick in the 2014 Draft.
When looking at quarterbacks, scouts love signal-callers that know how to win. Murray had trouble winning games his freshman year as he led the Bulldogs to a 6-7 record. But the last two years have been a lot different. Murray has led the Bulldogs to two consecutive 10-win seasons and two consecutive trips to the SEC Championship game.

UGA fans were all about it at the time.
All of this may be true HAD he come out in 2014 but he came back for his senior season and tore his ACL in the UK game late in the year as a senior and only measured out at just a tick over 6' at the combine. Fromm was selected by NFL scouts and admins at the combine to be one of a small group of players that will be eligible next year to attend the combine THIS year as possible first and second round picks. Not sure they are going to invite a third or later round probable pick to this.

Last edited:
Aint got **** on UFs diverse older and exp group this i know

Fromm is a beast tho so who knows how much it affects em
UF MOST DEFINITELY has the edge in experience at that position group. UGAs best experience in the WRs is guys that got it with other teams. Robertson played with UGA last year but learned the playbook most of the year and had a BIG TIME freshman year with Cal (and a far less quality QB there) while Lawrence Cager got all his game reps while at Miamuh .. Tyler Simmons is an upper classman but only situational non-special teams reps so far.

All of this may be true HAD he come out in 2014 but he came back for his senior season and tore his ACL in the UK game late in the year as a senior and only measured out at just a tick over 6' at the combine. Fromm was selected by NFL scouts and admins at the combine to be one of a small group of players that will be eligible next year to attend the combine THIS year as possible first and second round picks. Not sure they are going to invite a third or later round probable pick to this.
Fromm is listed at 6'1 and looks closer to 6' than the 6'4ish that is the norm for NFL QB prospects. He lacks the arm and mobility to overcome his height disadvantage. He doesn't play in a system that expects much of him outside being a game manager which he does when he was a large talent advantage.

Other than "because scouts say so" why do you think he is an NFL prospect, much less a first rounder. What as a QB makes him different for you that what he is?

Lol. Aaron Rodgers is 6’2 so is Fromm. He is one inch shorter than Mahomes. He is taller than Brees and Wilson. Tell me how athletic Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Joe Montana and Joe Flacco are/were.

Fromm is a much better passer than Daniel Jones who just went #10. Fromm has talent.

Fromm is listed at 6'1 and looks closer to 6' than the 6'4ish that is the norm for NFL QB prospects. He lacks the arm and mobility to overcome his height disadvantage. He doesn't play in a system that expects much of him outside being a game manager which he does when he was a large talent advantage.

Other than "because scouts say so" why do you think he is an NFL prospect, much less a first rounder. What as a QB makes him different for you that what he is?
So, I am supposed to assume your comments are a fact of "what he is"? I guess that's the first question. Either way, taking off the fan hat and looking at what scouts who have a vested interest in making a proper pick for their team and get paid to do so is a lot more credible than what you think he is. But if I say, ok, I'll play .. he is extremely sharp in his accuracy and overall ball placement, makes proper decisions, is not an elite arm but still has above average arm strength and realizing that arm talent is more than just being able to chunk it 70 yards downfield, he has plenty of arm talent showing he ability to make key throws and lead receivers into the right area.

Height is the most overrated stat of a QB when getting past the 6' mark .. as to your comment about 6'4" being the norm for NFL QBs, that's a fallacy as this chart shows .. and even some of that stretched the truth as it shows Matt Stafford at 6'3" when the combine measured him at 6'2" and same with Derek Carr.

A look at the height of every NFL starting QB. Kyler Murray would rank as the NFL's smallest QB
NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Matthew Stafford

Literally every mock has him going in the first round. I’m sure you know more than nfl scouts, but they can’t all be wrong. UGA beat OU and top teams from the west and won the SEC. The East being weak isn’t an excuse when they go toe to toe with the best schools in the nation. I understand you’re not a fan of UGA, but you’re not attempting an honest conversation. I’m all for talking about football, but not with someone who is blinded by their own bias. I get it. You think fromm is the worst ever and UGA is awful. I doubt we get anywhere passed that, so we can agree to disagree.

Well these highly touted can't miss, highly drafted QB's would argue that all the scouts COULD be wrong:

Ryan Leaf
Jamarcus Russell
Vince Young
Heath Shuler
Todd Marinovich
Danny Weurffel
Matt Leinart
Rex Grossman
Byron Leftwich

Well these highly touted can't miss, highly drafted QB's would argue that all the scouts COULD be wrong:

Ryan Leaf
Jamarcus Russell
Vince Young
Heath Shuler
Todd Marinovich
Danny Weurffel
Matt Leinart
Rex Grossman
Byron Leftwich
That's true but the debate is still about where the kid will be drafted rather than where there NFL ceiling actually ends up being. Many times when the scouts are already talking about drafting a kid high, only a serious injury or serious regression in season performance alter that (or crappy combine interviews/performance)

So, I am supposed to assume your comments are a fact of "what he is"? I guess that's the first question. Either way, taking off the fan hat and looking at what scouts who have a vested interest in making a proper pick for their team and get paid to do so is a lot more credible than what you think he is. But if I say, ok, I'll play .. he is extremely sharp in his accuracy and overall ball placement, makes proper decisions, is not an elite arm but still has above average arm strength and realizing that arm talent is more than just being able to chunk it 70 yards downfield, he has plenty of arm talent showing he ability to make key throws and lead receivers into the right area.

Height is the most overrated stat of a QB when getting past the 6' mark .. as to your comment about 6'4" being the norm for NFL QBs, that's a fallacy as this chart shows .. and even some of that stretched the truth as it shows Matt Stafford at 6'3" when the combine measured him at 6'2" and same with Derek Carr.

A look at the height of every NFL starting QB. Kyler Murray would rank as the NFL's smallest QB
NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Matthew Stafford

His vaulted (by you) accuracy merited a completion rate .001 better than UKs Wilson. Infact his stats are very similar. The difference being Fromm played an extra game. Most would consider Wilson a below average passer. Nobody expects Fromm to be more than a game manager. He really didn't throw the ball very much (by design) and when he did it was short to intermediate yardage, mainly dump offs to keep Ds honest. His 41 yards rushing just doesn't scream athletic or mobile in a QB.

And every game last year he completed more than 25 passes they lost. A great stat for a QB seeking an NFL future.

Ryan Leaf
Jamarcus Russell
Vince Young
Heath Shuler
Todd Marinovich
Danny Weurffel
Matt Leinart
Rex Grossman
Byron Leftwich
lol this is a dumb argument. Because scouts were wrong once before, that means they can't be right in the future... Just like not all 5*'s make it, not all first round draft picks make it. Still, those are exceptions. At 6'2, Fromm's height is fine. He's definitely not a dual-threat, but he doesn't lack mobility. Fromm outperformed Tua H2H with less talent at WR and against a statistically better defense. I can provide multiple mocks and analysis that show Fromm going in the first round. All you can provide is conjecture because you don't like UGA.

lol this is a dumb argument. Because scouts were wrong once before, that means they can't be right in the future... Just like not all 5*'s make it, not all first round draft picks make it. Still, those are exceptions. At 6'2, Fromm's height is fine. He's definitely not a dual-threat, but he doesn't lack mobility. Fromm outperformed Tua H2H with less talent at WR and against a statistically better defense. I can provide multiple mocks and analysis that show Fromm going in the first round. All you can provide is conjecture because you don't like UGA.

What's dumb is that you can't correlate my post to the post I was replying to. Also, it's pretty dumb you assume I don't like UGA. Seeing how they paid my dads salary for 30 years and continue to pay his retirement, and growing up only 45 minutes away.

What's dumb is that you can't correlate my post to the post I was replying to. Also, it's pretty dumb you assume I don't like UGA. Seeing how they paid my dads salary for 30 years and continue to pay his retirement, and growing up only 45 minutes away.
I did confuse you with another poster, my apologies. Still, different scouts being wrong about other quarterbacks doesn't apply here. Those QB's on your list failed for different reasons. Vince Young had talent, but was a head case with an awkward throwing motion. Jamarcus Russel had the size and arm strength, but lacked the self discipline required to play in the NFL. Also, just because family worked or played at a school, doesn't mean you have to like it. My uncle/cousin work for MSU and weld those obnoxious cowbells for their games and I hate those cowbells.

Fun fact:

Bama has won 5 straight against Georgia. All 5 games were played in the state of Georgia.

But yeah, UGA has some decent WRs.

VN Store

Back