Ghostbusters: Afterlife (November 19, 2021)

CagleMtnVol

GHOSTBUSTERS: Afterlife

Release Date: November 19, 2021

MPAA Rating: TBA
Directed by:
Jason Reitman

Written by: Gil Kenan, Jason Reitman

Synopsis: Nothing yet but word is it will follow the original story-line. Nothing yet on who if any of the original cast will join the film.

Starring:

Carrie Coon
McKenna Grace
Finn Wolfhard
Paul Rudd
Dan Ackroyd

Sigourney Weaver
Annie Potts
Bokeem Woodbine
Sydney Mae Diaz
Celeste O'Connor

ELH2zG5VUAE1mX8.jpg

GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE | OFFICIAL TRAILER

Last edited:
Reactions: feathersax
Jason Reitman, whose father Ivan Reitman directed the beloved 1984 original and its 1989 sequel, will helm the latest instalment in the supernatural comedy franchise.

"Entertainment Weekly caught up with Jason, who said:

“I’ve always thought of myself as the first Ghostbusters fan, when I was a 6-year-old visiting the set. I wanted to make a movie for all the other fans,”​
“This is the next chapter in the original franchise. It is not a reboot. What happened in the ‘80s happened in the ‘80s, and this is set in the present day.”​
It sounds that this film will be a direct sequel to the original two Ghostbusters films and will no be connected to Paul Feig’s 2016 reboot starring Melissa McCarthy, with Jason adding:
“When I was a 6-year-old visiting the set. I wanted to make a movie for all the other fans. This is the next chapter in the original franchise. It is not a reboot. What happened in the ’80s happened in the ’80s, and this is set in the present day.”​
Jason also posted the below via Instagram:
"

Last edited:
They kept this way under wraps there is already a quick teaser that has been released this morning.

Last edited:
Reactions: TC 83
I’m both excited and sad about this. It’s going to be weird without Harold Ramis. I wouldn’t be surprised though if he and Akroyd filmed pieces to be used in case another movie was made and they weren’t alive. Ramis was an incredibly smart guy as is Akroyd.

I’m intrigued.

Seeing the echo-1 Walmart commercial recently was exciting.

Did Dan Aykroyd slip that this was coming a couple of months ago and no one really notice?

"The star told Dan Rather in November that a new film was in development, and that he planned on appearing in it.

While speaking on AXS TV's The Big Interview With Dan Rather in November, Aykroyd, who wrote and starred in the original Ghostbusters films of the 1980s, said the third film was in the works.

"I think we have a story that's going to work and it's being written right now by really good filmmakers. I can't say their names," Aykroyd told Rather at the time.

"They're a good team and they are making an effort to bring back all the emotion and spirit of the first two movies and then take it into the 21st century with a vernacular that's needed today to get it across," Aykroyd told Rather.

The Sony project had been operating under the title "Rust City".

Sony is calling the new film “the next chapter in the original story,” which means the 2016 all-female team was a one-off. That reboot, directed by Paul Feig and starring Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones, was targeted by online trolls ahead of its release and eventually bombed at the box office.

Aykroyd told Rather in November that he thought that outcome was unfortunate, but he had issues with how the Feig film was made.

"Let me say this: The girls were really good and Paul Feig made a really good movie, and they are some great things in it and the girls are great in it. But I was mad at him because it cost too much," Aykroyd told Rather. "I don't want to slag a fellow artist, but had it cost a little less and had he listened to some of our suggestions on budget, then there might have been another girls movie and that would have been great."

Aykroyd noted that a third film (not a reboot) would have happened soon, but co-star Bill Murray did not want to come back to play the beloved Peter Venkman.

As for the new film, Reitman did not confirm nor deny if the original characters would appear in an interview published Tuesday by Entertainment Weekly.

But in November, Aykroyd told Rather he believed Murray would come back for the new film.

"The story is so good, he'll come, even if he plays a ghost," said the actor. "

Rumored Film date mentioned:

Folks are saying that Writer/Director Jason Reitman is eyeing May 13th as the official start of filming for his Ghostbusters sequel. No official word yet from Reitman.

I haven't been keeping up with this but apparently a few cast members have been confirmed.

Ghostbusters 3 director Jason Reitman has confirmed Carrie Coon (Gone Girl, The Leftover's) along with McKenna Grace (Captain Marvel, (upcoming) Annabelle Comes Home) and Finn Wolfhard (Stranger Things, It) will star in the long-awaited sequel.

Last edited:
I still enjoy throw back Friday's when Bobby Brown comes on and with his signature song from II!

I haven't been keeping up with this but apparently a few cast members have been confirmed.

Ghostbusters 3 director Jason Reitman has confirmed Carrie Coon (Gone Girl, The Leftover's) along with McKenna Grace (Captain Marvel, (upcoming) Annabelle Comes Home) and Finn Wolfhard (Stranger Things, It) will star in the long-awaited sequel.

That kid from Stranger Things is setting himself up to be typecast as “80s Nostalgia Kid”.

Reactions: davethevol

VN Store

Back