NCAA tourney thread (post UT loss)

You have no damn idea how big of a advantage it is. You need to visit you own website and see just how much a family that makes middle class $ gets in need based aid. It’s damn near every single penny

What web site? And you are just whining and fabricating BS. Unless you have been through it and know the facts then you are just full of $hit. Or you have 3rd hand information. Either way you don't know what you are talking about.

Oh, and he was good enough. He was all ACC first team his Junior year and was drafted and is currently in AA.

Reactions: Crossvilleman
What web site? And you are just whining and fabricating BS. Unless you have been through it and know the facts then you are just full of $hit. Or you have 3rd hand information. Either way you don't know what you are talking about.

Oh, and he was good enough. He was all ACC first team his Junior year and was drafted and is currently in AA.

Congrats on your son's success. I hope he makes it to the bigs soon.

He wasn’t good enough in vandys eyes or he would have been offered 11.7 big $. Lots of guys were good but not good enough for them. Even some guys playing in the big leagues now my man. Yea there are need based $ charts are on their website.

Last edited:
Reactions: RollerVol
Here you go

It’s astonishing that a family that makes 100-120k got right at 65k In need based aid for ONE YEAR. Page 7 shows the huge advantage Vandy gets

https://www.vanderbilt.edu/financialaid/docs/Fall2019FinAidBookley.pdf

Just to add to this. There is evidence in this link that shows Vandy gave MORE THAN FULL TUITION to students of families that made 180-200k a year.

That’s crazy considering a full tuition scholarship is a big offer for most schools. That’s roughly a 70% scholarship to most schools and it’s just a walk on at Vandy

So these posters saying it isn’t a big advantage are just plain ass wrong.

It’s unreal huge. Anyone claiming it isn’t an advantage is really dumb.

Only thing I don't understand, if it gives Vandy such a significant advantage, how is it that the only sport they have that seems to benefit is the baseball team. Nobody cares about bowling, and I never heard it mentioned when their womens tennis team won the NCAA back in 2015.

How come they can't use it to get their football team to at least break even more often, or at least have one of their basketball teams make a Sweet Sixteen appearance every year or so? Is baseball just that unique?

Only thing I don't understand, if it gives Vandy such a significant advantage, how is it that the only sport they have that seems to benefit is the baseball team. Nobody cares about bowling, and I never heard it mentioned when their womens tennis team won the NCAA back in 2015.

How come they can't use it to get their football team to at least break even more often, or at least have one of their basketball teams make a Sweet Sixteen appearance every year or so? Is baseball just that unique?

That’s an easy answer. Baseball is a partial scholarship sport while football and basketball isn’t. Vandy easily out bids for guys in baseball while those are even playing fields with full rides for everyone

That’s an easy answer. Baseball is a partial scholarship sport while football and basketball isn’t. Vandy easily out bids for guys in baseball while those are even playing fields with full rides for everyone

Evidence? Give me a break. You are quoting a brochure that is just a brief overview. Until you have gone through the whole process and have seen it first hand, YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE. Cry all you want but you DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. What year did you apply for vandy? What year did your child apply? A relative? A long lost friend? That is what I thought. Ethan Small, is he any good? Do you think he is good enough? He went through the same thing and had to settle for MSU after he committed Vandy.

Read this

Opportunity Vanderbilt

Stanford has been doing this for years as well as other Private schools and now some state schools, see Michigan. You don't see them winning championships. Get over your self and stop whining and complaining. As much as it pains me, they are just better than us. If not, then what is there excuse for beating us in football? They get some kind of advantage in that too?

Just to add to this. There is evidence in this link that shows Vandy gave MORE THAN FULL TUITION to students of families that made 180-200k a year.

That’s crazy considering a full tuition scholarship is a big offer for most schools. That’s roughly a 70% scholarship to most schools and it’s just a walk on at Vandy

So these posters saying it isn’t a big advantage are just plain ass wrong.

Uh no.

Directly from the Opportunity VU pamphlet for academic year 2018/2019 on their website...

-Tuition, room and board, books come out to $71,046
-Income of $180,000-199,999 median award is $38,894 (high end is $54k, still a difference of 17k)
-Income of $200,000 median award is $22,062 (high end is $46k, still a difference of 25k).

The program is designed to apply all costs associated tuition, room and board, books, fees, JUST like a full or partial scholarship at any other school. Athletes at Vandy can’t “double dip.” Any part of an athletic scholarship they receive counts against them with Opp VU which is why someone like Dansby Swanson still had to take out student loans.

Last edited:
So you ask for a website

What web site? And you are just whining and fabricating BS.

I give it to you off the actual school website and then your response is

Evidence? Give me a break. You are quoting a brochure that is just a brief overview

That’s hilarious dude. And there is so much more wrong in your post.

Oh and this has so much wrong. The ncaa about a decade ago made it legal for schools to combine Need based money and countable aid. The writer of this is very wrong. Financial aid doesn’t count toward the 11.7 if it’s combined with athletic dollars but then again Vandy doesn’t need to because their need based aid is so large. Lol

Last edited:
Stanford has been doing this for years as well as other Private schools and now some state schools, see Michigan. You don't see them winning championships. Get over your self and stop whining and complaining. As much as it pains me, they are just better than us. If not, then what is there excuse for beating us in football? They get some kind of advantage in that too?

The downturn for Sanford baseball was when they Moved their threshold for need based aid to 100k family income. They still
Have a very good program but when that happened it really hurt them because most baseball families make more than 100k.

Yea mich, uva and unc are public schools that offer need based aid. I’d say that is damn sure evidence such a thing is a great advantage if you have watched the cws series in the last decade

Last edited:
Uh no.

Directly from the Opportunity VU pamphlet for academic year 2018/2019 on their website...

-Income of $180,000-199,999 median award is $38,894 (high end is $54k, still a difference of 17k)
-Income of $200,000 median award is $22,062 (high end is $46k, still a difference of 25k).

The program is designed to apply all costs associated tuition, room and board, books, fees, JUST like a full or partial scholarship at any other school. Athletes at Vandy can’t “double dip.” Any part of an athletic scholarship they receive counts against them with Opp VU which is why someone like Dansby Swanson still had to take out student loans.

Tuition cost 50,716$ at Vandy per “my brochure”.

Tuition is the cost of the school and fees you see and as I said in my op you apparently didn’t read a family with an income of 180-200k can and has received Over that amount to attend Vandy

You see room and board is separate from
Tuition. I figured you might know that housing and meal plan choices that carry various price tags.

Oh and as my op said if you can comprehend, a full tuition scholarship is right around 70% at most schools. That’s a huge scholarship at most places

Last edited:
Perhaps the reason you had trouble getting things to work out a Vandy is you just can’t read man.

Tuition cost 50,716$ at Vandy per “my brochure”.

Tuition is the cost of the school and fees you see and as I said in my op you apparently didn’t read a family with an income of 180-200k can and has received Over that amount to attend Vandy

You see room and board is separate from
Tuition. I figured you might know that since your son played at Clemson and had housing and meal plan choices that carry various price tags.

I can’t have a conversation with stupid people. I should have known better.

If you went to college you’d know that the cost of attending is more than just tuition and fees. And, GASP, scholarships/financial aid can be used to cover all those costs. Even at other schools not named Vanderbilt.

I can’t have a conversation with stupid people. I should have known better.

If you went to college you’d know that the cost of attending is more than just tuition and fees. And, GASP, scholarships/financial aid can be used to cover all those costs. Even at other schools not named Vanderbilt.

Lol

Of course it does and that’s exactly why the 11.7 is so stupid for the ncaa but then again you must not be able to read either.

The bottom line is full tuition scholarships in baseball are large ones. If you knew baseball recruiting you would understand that but I guess you don’t. That’s why the average 42% scholarship is ridiculous and only covers barely over half of tuition

hey, don't stop now, this is getting real good...:D

PS. thanks to all contributors...and,

GO BIG ORANGE!

Uh no.

I'm no expert but some simple math looks like it's a big deal. 11.7 scholarships at $71,046 would mean that $831,238 is available to split up as needed. Some simple deciferin' and that would mean you could offer $23,749 to the full 35 man roster. It wouldn't be a stretch to think that athletic recruits are awarded the max available. Assuming every student was in the over $200k category, that would only leave $1250 for the student tab. Looks to me like in a more realistic mix of student incomes, the entire 35 man roster could be on full ride with money left over.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back