Uros Plavsic commits to Tennessee

The news from the ncaa yesterday can’t be good here

Let’s hope his waiver is already done
In Plavsic case I don’t think it changed much, they basically added some wording to where it can’t just be a situation, but an extenuating situation...with his case and Zlovaric willing to testify it would seem to qualify.

In Plavsic case I don’t think it changed much, they basically added some wording to where it can’t just be a situation, but an extenuating situation...with his case and Zlovaric willing to testify it would seem to qualify.

I disagree. From what I understand about this waiver there is nothing extenuating about this. I want this to work out for us but from me seat the waiver isn’t deserved

I disagree. From what I understand about this waiver there is nothing extenuating about this. I want this to work out for us but from me seat the waiver isn’t deserved

Maybe I’m crazy, but I don’t how an assistant coach leaving is an extenuating circumstance. Not like he went to a school with the same assistant coach or to a different school that has an assistant from his country.

Maybe I’m crazy, but I don’t how an assistant coach leaving is an extenuating circumstance. Not like he went to a school with the same assistant coach or to a different school that has an assistant from his country.

Agreed

Per VQ...”Rick Barnes doesn’t feel the new guidelines will have any effect on Plavsic getting his waiver.”

Are you sure Tennessee hasn’t picked Zlovaric up in some capacity? Or that Zlovaric hasn’t moved back to Knoxville?

The news from the ncaa yesterday can’t be good here

Let’s hope his waiver is already done

Will the changes be applied retroactively to pending cases or only to new cases arising after the changes were announced? Given Barnes' comments noted above, they may not be applying them to already pending matters.

Will the changes be applied retroactively to pending cases or only to new cases arising after the changes were announced?

It’s not a pending change. It’s just a clarification so I assume it’s applied now but I agree that’s key

It’s not a pending change. It’s just a clarification so I assume it’s applied now but I agree that’s key

If the "clarifications" are in reality going to have the effect of changing outcomes, they really sound more like a rule changes. We'll see.

Are coaching changes a legitimate case for a waiver?
From what I’ve gathered it largely involved Hurley promising Plavsic that Zlovaric would be hired and kept while Plavsic is there, after 1 year he fired Zlovaric and now Plavsic is left without anyone who speaks his language, so he moved somewhere much “closer to home” where he has his host family and mentors that he’s had since coming to the states.

From what I’ve gathered it largely involved Hurley promising Plavsic that Zlovaric would be hired and kept while Plavsic is there, after 1 year he fired Zlovaric and now Plavsic is left without anyone who speaks his language, so he moved somewhere much “closer to home” where he has his host family and mentors that he’s had since coming to the states.
Interesting. Hurley sounds like a real SOB doesn’t he. I remember people wanting him here

Are coaching changes a legitimate case for a waiver?
From what I've read HC coaching changes no longer require a waiver. Am I reading it wrong?

Incoming freshman college athletes who have enrolled in summer school and received athletics financial aid can transfer and play immediately without a waiver if their head coach departs before the first day of classes for the fall term. Additionally, walk-on student-athletes on teams that provide athletics aid and nonrecruited walk-ons can transfer and play immediately without a waiver. Those rules are effective for students who transfer to new schools this fall.

From what I've read HC coaching changes no longer require a waiver. Am I reading it wrong?

Incoming freshman college athletes who have enrolled in summer school and received athletics financial aid can transfer and play immediately without a waiver if their head coach departs before the first day of classes for the fall term. Additionally, walk-on student-athletes on teams that provide athletics aid and nonrecruited walk-ons can transfer and play immediately without a waiver. Those rules are effective for students who transfer to new schools this fall.
I sure hope that a HC change give the whole team an option to transfer. What a can of worms we have opened if so!!

VN Store

Back