'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

If we are set to take two QBs this class, we have two options.

1) Recruit the two best QBs you can.
2) Recruit the best QB you can, and recruit another guy who isn’t that good because feelings might get hurt.

Give me option 1. Let the dogs compete, may the best man win.

If King wins the competition before they ever hit campus then so be it. It will be because he wasn’t scared of a fight.

However, I think Bailey is the real deal, and he isn’t going to bow down either. Let’s get it boys. It’s a great day to be a Vol.

Give VFL83 some slack, it been rough being a VOL for little while. Like battered wives syndrome.
Yeah, can't blame anyone for bvs but I'll say this:
There's a different feel to what's going on. I'm always optimistic but this doesn't feel like "with a little luck". Just feels like we're building a true 'big boy' fb program.
Of course feelings don't win games. We have the assistant coaches, the AD and getting the players, Pruitt just has to prove he knows how to use them all.

I wonder if he will drop in the rankings again after showing he is one of the best QBs in the country at Rivals camp?

It's not a question of if, but, when.

DW, Bama about to put postage on the scholly envelope with a pic of a village dipshit smoking a victory turd welcoming you to land of milk, dirty money and inbreeding.

It's not a question of if, but, when.

DW, Bama about to put postage on the scholly envelope with a pic of a village dipshit smoking a victory turd welcoming you to land of milk, dirty money and inbreeding.

This is the only time I’m not worried about them.

He is recruiting 2 5s to come to Tennessee too

Reactions: Jackcrevol
lol, I don't believe I said confidence is ALL a good quarterback needs, just that it's good to see in Bailey, even before he gets here. I remember going to several games, Butch's first year. Justin Worley never looked confident.
I wrote that when I was half asleep. Wondered after I did if I misunderstood what you meant but was too tired to go back to see lol. I took it as you meant Bailey didn't have confidence enough to compete with King. I was just saying he has the confidence, but he should go where he feels like he will be given a shot to compete so if he chooses to go somewhere else it is not because he lacks confidence in his ability or is scared of competition, but because he will not be convinced the coaches have confidence in him but want him as a backup. Other posters made it sound like players should go play for coaches that don't believe in them just to prove they are not scared.

I honestly don't believe anyone has already chosen a QB. I think King was Chaney's 1st call because he was his 1st choice as a second QB.
If you remember, all that 'not into Bailey' stuff was started by a Ga fan on here.
I don't buy it.
I agree with all of that. What's important is what Bailey believes the coaches think. If he believes he will be given a fair shot to win the job he should go to Tennessee. The other posters made it sound like he should go if he doesn't believe that.

Reactions: chargervol
I wrote that when I was half asleep. Wondered after I did if I misunderstood what you meant but was too tired to go back to see lol. I took it as you meant Bailey didn't have confidence enough to compete with King. I was just saying he has the confidence, but he should go where he feels like he will be given a shot to compete so if he chooses to go somewhere else it is not because he lacks confidence in his ability or is scared of competition, but because he will not be convinced the coaches have confidence in him but want him as a backup. Other posters made it sound like players should go play for coaches that don't believe in them just to prove they are not scared.

I loled, because I was half of sleep when I commented to begin with.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
As much as we like to pile on Rivals (sometimes they do make some weird decisions). It’s actually 247 and ESPN that are holding Bailey back from a ranking standpoint.

Rivals really high 4 star 43rd nationally.

247 middle of the road 4 star 161 nationally which is crazy.

ESPN low 4 star 244th nationally which is blatant negligence.

As much as we like to pile on Rivals (sometimes they do make some weird decisions). It’s actually 247 and ESPN that are holding Bailey back from a ranking standpoint.

Rivals really high 4 star 43rd nationally.

247 middle of the road 4 star 161 nationally which is crazy.

ESPN low 4 star 244th nationally which is blatant negligence.
Rivals has actually dropped him after their camps though, at least I thought. Have the other 2?

Still agree with your point either way.

Rivals has actually dropped him after their camps though, at least I thought. Have the other 2?

Still agree with your point either way.

Yeah Rivals dropped him 20 spots. 247 dropped him 75 spots in February. I think ESPN gave him his initial rating and hasn’t really changed since.

Reactions: chargervol
I mean, we're gonna have to take 2 QBs for depth purposes. Hopefully it doesn't end up being some last minute JT Shrout offer.
I haven’t understood that mentality...or the numbers. Bringing in TWO highly rated QB’s increases the chances that the two already on the roster (with one and two years in the system) will leave. And that doesn’t take into contingency the unknown certainty of JG returning. Doomsday scenario could have us trapping rabbits and rubbing their feet hoping the true freshman not winning the starting job ships out himself. Unlikely but possible that you go from 4 scholarship QB’s to 1 via one recruiting win.

I haven’t understood that mentality...or the numbers. Bringing in TWO highly rated QB’s increases the chances that the two already on the roster (with one and two years in the system) will leave. And that doesn’t take into contingency the unknown certainty of JG returning. Doomsday scenario could have us trapping rabbits and rubbing their feet hoping the true freshman not winning the starting job ships out himself. Unlikely but possible that you go from 4 scholarship QB’s to 1 via one recruiting win.

I don't disagree that there are dangers, but that certainly isn't the mentality of a championship team.

I don't disagree that there are dangers, but that certainly isn't the mentality of a championship team.
Like Clemson? When did they last bring in two QB studs in the SAME CLASS? And they were still hurting when Lawrence got knocked out of the Syracuse game, due to Kelly Bryant transferring that week. What’s tOSU’s depth chart looking like? They’re a program that would sign a 4 star along with a Tate Martell while they waited for JT Barrett’s decade of eligibility to be exhausted. Bama took Tua Jr and the Bear’s grandbaby this past class...really no choice since everybody transferred. Just sayin this as a counter for the thinking that this would help DEPTH. If pins and needles every time our QB gets sacked lends us CHAMPIONSHIP MENTALITY? Go Vols.

Like Clemson? When did they last bring in two QB studs in the SAME CLASS? And they were still hurting when Lawrence got knocked out of the Syracuse game, due to Kelly Bryant transferring that week. What’s tOSU’s depth chart looking like? They’re a program that would sign a 4 star along with a Tate Martell while they waited for JT Barrett’s decade of eligibility to be exhausted. Bama took Tua Jr and the Bear’s grandbaby this past class...really no choice since everybody transferred. Just sayin this as a counter for the thinking that this would help DEPTH. If pins and needles every time our QB gets sacked lends us CHAMPIONSHIP MENTALITY? Go Vols.
you're not wrong, but the immediacy of it all is a bit over stated.

i don't htink anyone really believes that if we got both, that both are here til they graduate or go to the NFL. nor do i believe that everyone currently in the QB room is here after this season.

lotta moving parts. JG has options after this year. maybe he balls out and leaves for the NFL, maybe he's a grad transfer? or he sticks around another year?

that's a pretty big chess piece imo.

assume he's gone though after this season, you'd have a RS soph, a RS fr and two true FR all competing next year for the starting job. you figure based on the results of that, at least 1 of the 4 is probably going to transfer out, so you're down to 3 s'ship qb's.

lotta different scenarios to play out based who might win that comp...and then, what if JG stays? do both of these kids get the RS next year? open comp for all 5?

i don't think we have to immediately go to worst case scenario here, but..........yeah, it's highl unlikely both stay on the roster if they both signed here.

if i were giving either of these kids advise as a coach, parent, friend, whatever, i would probably advise King to go to Duke or aTm, and remove the possiblity of roster shuffling in the future....he's good enough to start and good enough to give himself a shot at the NFL later on. there are multiple paths to that, that don't involve what we've seen at the schools you referenced.......

as a TN fan........gimme, gimmie, gimmie.

lol.

It's not like the good old days when hardly anyone transferred. It is a delicate situation because there is only one guy.

Clemson doesn't have to take 2 studs in 2020 class because they take one every year and always have a couple on hand even if one or two transfer. UT is playing catch up which is why it makes sense to take 2 in 2020.

New OC, JG graduates this year, Shrout likely transfers when he realizes he's not going to play...need 2 QB's in 2020 class. And if you're building a championship program and serious about winning why not bring in two studs and let them compete for the job? What if next fall JG and Shrout are gone and Maurer or Bailey get hurt? Wouldn't it be nice to have King on the roster?

VN Store

Back