Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll go ahead and say it, it was a blown call and a moot point. It shouldn't have been a technical because Green didn't have control and if you don't have control you can't call a timeout. So time should've run out anyway.
Key on the “moot point”. Game was over when Steph missed. When you call a timeout you don’t have...on the court or off...possession or not...you get a technical.

Having now been to Punta Cana and Cancun in back-to-back years, here’s my takeaways:

Food:
Cancun>PC

Drinks:
PC>Cancun (don’t drink the mamajuana)

Beaches:
PC>Cancun (depends on resort)

Airport:
Cancun>PC

Safety:
Cancun>(slightly)Punta Cana

In both cases, you’re traveling to Spanish-speaking countries that aren’t as advanced as the US with their own crime/issues. Last year we had tourists getting caught in the crossfire of drug cartels in Cancun. Now it’s strange deaths in PC. Stay on the resorts or with reputable excursions and safety won’t be an issue.

Reactions: MCScots4
Let's see some bullish for Kerry Blackshear. That's the commitment we really need this weekend.
Any inside information on who is going to leave the BB team? I hope it's not one of our remaining big guys, but since that's what we're looking to bring in---it's not looking good.

Any inside information on who is going to leave the BB team? I hope it's not one of our remaining big guys, but since that's what we're looking to bring in---it's not looking good.
I think it’s most likely DJ Burns. I know he had to be picked up from the strip a few times and seems to be more into partying than anyone else on the team. I also think he was left at home when they went to the tournament but I may be wrong on that. It stinks because you kind of expect that sort of behavior from a kid who is redshirting that should still be in high school. I don’t think he should lose his scholarship over it but I’m for doing what it takes to get Blackshear.

Reactions: Batman1948
I think it’s most likely DJ Burns. I know he had to be picked up from the strip a few times and seems to be more into partying than anyone else on the team. I also think he was left at home when they went to the tournament but I may be wrong on that. It stinks because you kind of expect that sort of behavior from a kid who is redshirting that should still be in high school. I don’t think he should lose his scholarship over it but I’m for doing what it takes to get Blackshear.

Wow, I guess it's not the Ray Mears rules system anymore. Barnes must have just one set of rules for everyone. I remember the Bernard King issues. He had his own set of rules and he broke them all :cool::cool::cool:

Probably 5, maybe 6. Hard to say, because Pruitt wants guys who're versatile, so we could take a bunch of guys who could play multiple positions on both sides of the ball plus contribute on STs. He favors guys who're willing to move around and play where needed. Guys less flexible about where they want to play seem to end up elsewhere.

I can definitely understand the need for versatility and flexibility because I've having a bit of a challenge trying to find enough initial counters for all the guys we're getting. I think I'm a half-dozen or more short for this class. I know, I know. It's only June.

ScreenHunter 171.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back