Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I think the warriors should move KD.

Wouldn't it be wild if they worked with the Pelicans in that 3 team deal and either got Anthony Davis or a ton of picks and were able to move KD????

In a contract year for Klay too. Sucks.

Crazy to think that if the Warriors end up resigning both Klay and KD (KD is gone IMO though) they could have two max contract players sitting on the bench rehabbing next year.
Kd may not opt out now that he's gotta sit next year. He still has a last year option with golden state.

Watching NBA talk slowly fading away from here now...

tenor.gif

As for team news, the Vols continue their summer workout routine with strength coach Craig Fitzgerald and his staff. There’s also plenty of extra work going on with the skill guys, as Jarrett Guarantano is leading regular throwing sessions. Dominque Wood-Anderson is in the best shape he has been in since being in Knoxville. Wood-Anderson looks to be a big weapon for Guarantano and a big part of the offense this fall.

Offensive lineman Trey Smith continues to do full workouts, and sources say is doing extra technique reps with other offensive lineman. Smith continues to meet with doctors and prepare as if he’s cleared to to play this fall. No one is saying it’s definitely going to happen, but there continues to be growing optimism about his return to the field in August. Center Brandon Kennedy is full strength recovering from his torn ACL and is ready to go. Jamir Johnson still isn’t 300 pounds, but he is bigger than he’s been at any point and look for him to get work at both guard and tackle in August. K’Rojhn Calbert isn’t 100% yet, but is recovering well after having his knee cleaned up and close to being completely back. Meanwhile, freshman offensive tackle Wayna Morris is down close to 20 pounds since his arrival back in January.

One vet who continues to impress is Josh Palmer. The South Florida native had a strong spring, earning MVP honors, and Palmer has only carried that good work into the offseason. While several seniors will be major factors at wideouts, there’s hope around the program Palmer could emerge this fall as the true alpha of the group.

-VQ

Kd may not opt out now that he's gotta sit next year. He still has a last year option with golden state.

Reports are that teams aren’t deterred by KDs injury. They will all still offer him a Max contract. I still think he does his free agency this year.

Honestly I think the warriors should move KD.

Wouldn't it be wild if they worked with the Pelicans in that 3 team deal and either got Anthony Davis or a ton of picks and were able to move KD????
Durant would have to agree to that...it’s HIS contract option and I doubt he opts for it if the words NEW ORLEANS are even spoken.

Reports are that teams aren’t deterred by KDs injury. They will all still offer him a Max contract. I still think he does his free agency this year.
True. Just saying he has the option and the injury may make him rethink his plans.

Durant would have to agree to that...it’s HIS contract option and I doubt he opts for it if the words NEW ORLEANS are even spoken.

Pelicans are willing to deal Davis for role players & picks. Davis wants to go to a bigger market, I don't think KD ends up there. But if Golden State wants Davis they can move KD to the 3rd team and the Pelicans can get picks/role players.

Pretty obvious at this point that Steph cant Curry a team.

.....I’ll see myself out.
Bc its a team game. It's annoying when people try to make basketball into an individual sport. This year's finals has to be the most one sided injury plagued finals in recent memory. Crazy and unfortunate to say the least...

Klay (hamstring & acl)
Looney (broken rib)
Durant (calf and/or achilles)
Iggy (calf)
Cousins (thigh)

Pelicans are willing to deal Davis for role players & picks. Davis wants to go to a bigger market, I don't think KD ends up there. But if Golden State wants Davis they can move KD to the 3rd team and the Pelicans can get picks/role players.
If KD leaves it won't be in a trade.

Reactions: barrylee

Only way that happens is if KD agrees to it. Warriors have no leverage. It’s KDs player option in his contract.

Hey guys. Been so busy I haven’t been on here in a couple months. Hope everyone has had a good summer.

Got a question. Thinking of switching to YouTube tv for tv service. Would save me $100/month. Seems like it has everything I would need to not miss any college football etc with sec network and espn etc. For those that use it is it really that easy to use?
Yes. I've had it for over a year and I love it.

Reactions: jordan4vols
Durant won’t sign up to be a chess piece...he doesn’t have to. He can go straight to any team that wants him.

They'll still have Steph, Draymond and Kerr at the very least and will be very attractive to free agents. They will probably take a step back but even a step back for them could still allow them to compete for championships.
Every NBA team has 2-3 superstars. They had no depth and it cost them this year. Raptors basically had 7 starters if you factor Ibaka and Van Vleet coming off the bench.

Trying to contain optimism and stay realistic, but, man, no matter how hard it is, every year as each day passes during the summer until the opening game, that optimism remains.

Why not us, why not some luck and breaks, why not in Pruitt's second year, the year that we see improvement from great head coaches and programs? Dammit, I want 10-2.

Trying to take Pruitt's happiness with the team, and his more relaxed and comfortable attitude as just that, and nothing more. But, man, we are due.

Earlier this week I posted a comparison chart between us and all of our SEC opponents for this year. I didn’t include BYU at the time because it was going to take more work to figure out the actual ages of their players. Well, now I’ve completed that effort so here is the match-up comparison for our game this fall.

ScreenHunter 168.png

They get a lot of grief for having older guys and their response is they still only get to play ball for 4 years. Anyway, from a physical age perspective they are 2 years older than us pretty much across the board.

They have two 25 year olds, five 24 year olds, six 23 year olds, and ten 22 year olds in their projected 2-deep. With most guys, being 22 years old is the same as being a redshirt senior. So from a chronological age perspective, BYU has 23 redshirt seniors in their 2-deep.

I’m thinking about stopping by Chattanooga’s campus here and asking the Mocs to take it a little bit easier on us when they visit on September 14th seeing how we would have had to fight off the fricking old men of BYU the week before.

Did some digging, they could -technically- work a sign & trade. But even then they aren't actually trading KD. Seems the Clippers are the only team that's got the ability to work this type of deal.

I'm not sure, I think KD leaves though and gets the max deal even if only for 4 years. Depending on how he looks once he returns this might be his last shot to get max money. And I'm hoping Golden State opts to build in the draft and try to keep Klay/Looney.

I'd love LOVE LOVE to see Admiral land there. He could be the wing sharpshooter they are looking for and he'd have the opportunity to play with some great talent around him would could help him grow as a player.

Reactions: GoVolsDR
Tiger or Ricky yes, Koepka no. He lost me when he did some magazine shoot in a thong.. These guys all have egos but this dude really likes himself..
Haha photo shoot? He posted a pic in a thong with his girlfriend making a joke about how girls pose trying to be IG models. It was pretty funny. IMO it showed more about his sense of humor than his ego. But tbh it is very rare to accomplish things like winning 4 of the last 8 majors without a big ego. Tiger and Jack Nicholas also really really liked themselves. Jack was asked once about what clubs he was the best with and he basically listed every club in the bag as clubs he was the best golfer with. haha

Earlier this week I posted a comparison chart between us and all of our SEC opponents for this year. I didn’t include BYU at the time because it was going to take more work to figure out the actual ages of their players. Well, now I’ve completed that effort so here is the match-up comparison for our game this fall.

View attachment 208921

They get a lot of grief for having older guys and their response is they still only get to play ball for 4 years. Anyway, from a physical age perspective they are 2 years older than us pretty much across the board.

They have two 25 year olds, five 24 year olds, six 23 year olds, and ten 22 year olds in their projected 2-deep. With most guys, being 22 years old is the same as being a redshirt senior. So from a chronological age perspective, BYU has 23 redshirt seniors in their 2-deep.

I’m thinking about stopping by Chattanooga’s campus here and asking the Mocs to take it a little bit easier on us when they visit on September 14th seeing how we would have had to fight off the fricking old men of BYU the week before.
So that's their secret.

downloadfile-2.gif

View attachment 208921

dang son, i'm surprised UT has called and offered you a job yet. keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back