'19 TN OL Melvin McBride (Tennessee signee)

siap...
we get the scholarship, not the intial counter for the 19 class. so we don't gain a spot in the 20 class. we just have room for another player on the 85. we do not get to add a spot to the 20 class.

it's a tough game to play with numbers wise, cuase i can't remember if we we're going in to 20 with a full allottment of 25 to give....i don't think we are?

but, aside from adding Harris should he qualify, he, i think, could still count in the 19 class, and take Melvin's scholaship on the 85 man roster.

we can't add anyone else w/out conting them toward the 20 class...

the usual disclaimer here...if any of that is wrong, i'm sure someone will correct me........carry on.

siap...
we get the scholarship, not the intial counter for the 19 class. so we don't gain a spot in the 20 class. we just have room for another player on the 85. we do not get to add a spot to the 20 class.

it's a tough game to play with numbers wise, cuase i can't remember if we we're going in to 20 with a full allottment of 25 to give....i don't think we are?

but, aside from adding Harris should he qualify, he, i think, could still count in the 19 class, and take Melvin's scholaship on the 85 man roster.

we can't add anyone else w/out conting them toward the 20 class...

the usual disclaimer here...if any of that is wrong, i'm sure someone will correct me........carry on.
I believe that it allows us to move Harris back to 19 so he doesn't count against 20 anymore. Or the other blue shirt guy.

My interpretation is that we get both our 85 counter and 25 initial counter back because he never participated in football activities or received financial aid. We however do not get our spot in the 25 signee limitation back. Since it is unlikely we sign 25 in 2020, we could use his IC on someone else, for instance, Anthony Harris and put him towards the 2020 signee limit.

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee football head coach Jeremy Pruitt announced on Wednesday that freshman offensive lineman Melvin McBride will retire from football due to a personal medical condition that was discovered during his pre-participation physical after his arrival on campus. McBride will remain on scholarship with the Vols, and he will continue to be a part of the program.

"Melvin is a great young man, and my heart breaks for him and his family," Pruitt said. "However, I'm glad that we have an outstanding medical staff that did a great job identifying the problem when Melvin first arrived here. We are always going to do what's best for our student-athletes here at Tennessee. He is certainly a Vol for Life and will continue to be a big part of our program."

McBride starred at Whitehaven High School in Memphis where he was named Preseason First Team All-State by USA Today and as one of the city's Top 10 players by the Commercial Appeal in 2018. McBride helped lead Whitehaven to an appearance in the 2018 Tennessee state 6A championship game and paved the way for an offense that racked up 3,847 yards of total offense in 2017

-UT Sports

So it was found before he completed any activities.

VN Store

Back