Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our OL just has to show some improvement and be adequate.

We sucked on O last year primarily bc of Helton. I was like WTF with his play calls.

Chaney is going to be a significant upgrade.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I think we'll still be a run-first offense, but Chaney will use the RBs more in the passing game like he did at UGA. Chandler and Gray can catch out of the backfield and line up in the slot, too. Probably use DWA more over the middle and find more ways to use JJ. Chaney has a lot of options and a lot of pieces to work with-- if we see improvement from the QBs, the offense could really click.

If we are run first, our run blocking better have improved 300%. Got so sick and tired of running into walls for no reason last year. Worst stuff rate in 4 years of FBS football (so that covers 520 different squads) says it all. And we took that award 2 years running. Either run effectively or abandon that shiz. Running is not a necessity. Ask Leach.

Medical weed yes.

Bill for recreational weed just missed last vote at 51 to 49 percent.

Bill should pass next vote. At least I hope so. Tax the sh!t out of it to boost AZ economy.

Fwiw "tax the shiz out of it" also drives locals back to the black market. It works as long as "weed tourism" exists. Once surrounding states pass legislation, the tourism aspect ends and it is mostly locals deciding between $30 through their neighbor or $60 at the head shop. It is like the Laffer Curve. If tax rates go too high, they can actually decease revenues.Have to tax reasonably or it won't help.

Will know on dates shortly, (if they were able to bunch the procedures) expecting a return call.
Only way I would feel comfortable on money for fuel/meals is if I'm allowed to pay people back. I've managed to avoid asking this entire time, just never had such short notice. But it would be much less than I've had to come up with so far.
Still not sure though, let me try other alternatives first.
Thanks again for the offer SB.
Just say the word. Call it whatever makes you feel good about it. I would be fine with you paying it forward.

Fwiw "tax the shiz out of it" also drives locals back to the black market. It works as long as "weed tourism" exists. Once surrounding states pass legislation, the tourism aspect ends and it is mostly locals deciding between $30 through their neighbor or $60 at the head shop. It is like the Laffer Curve. If tax rates go too high, they can actually decease revenues.Have to tax reasonably or it won't help.

I agree to a point. But I'd rather pay more for quality and clean weed and know where it exactly came from.

Black market is scary. Never know what you get and now all these crap laced with fentanyl and people dropping dead like flies.

The idealized version of a Baby Boomer as some draft dodging, free loving hippie who dropped acid at Woodstock is wildly overblown. There are probably just as many people from that generation who spent the 60s burning crosses and looking for long hairs to beat the hell out of. The vast majority of boomers, however, are just regular people who finished whatever educational level they maxed out at, got a job, and started having kids. Don't buy the hype on generational stereotypes. People are people.

Well, I had something work related to attend at Disney, so we went several days early and took the kids. We had always kind-of felt like our kids weren't super into Disney, and also aren't what you would call "troopers", and we definitely knew that we had no interest. But, we thought that we might as well take the opportunity so that it's one less thing our kids can use to blame us for why their lives are unfulfilled.

Our hunches were correct. For the most part, we hated it. And not necessarily for the reasons we thought we would hate it. (FYI...I've heard people say this and assumed they were just being funny, but it actually did smell like hot dog water down there)

I was astounded at how poor the service was. You hear so much about how spectacular customer service is at Disney. However, with very few exceptions, the "cast members" we encountered were indifferent at best...grouchy at worst. And I couldn't believe how poor some of them were at their jobs. We stopped to grab some waters at one of the street-vendor-esque carts in Animal Kingdom. I was third in line and the two people in front of me ordered a beverage and an ice cream. I was in the line for at least 10 minutes. The guy operating the thing was doing his best impression of the character "Flash" from Zootopia. And whether you are in the parks, or at a Disney hotel, you will not do anything the way you want to do it...you will do it the way they tell you to do it. And, even then, it is inconsistent (on two of the days we could wait in a pool area near the end of the water slide for our son to come down the slide...on another day, we were commanded to clear that area and wait in another section).

We didn't have one meal on Disney property that didn't absolutely suck.

We knew that the hotel room was going to be cramped with four people (we stayed at the Yacht Club), but it was downright miserable. The mattress was very uncomfortable, and the water pressure was anemic.

It took us five trips to guest services for our magic bands to work consistently. The blamed it on my using the iPhone app to unlock my door...which I did because the magic band didn't work.

For everything we hated about it, though, the Happily Ever After show at Magic Kingdom made the entire trip worth it. It was one of the most spectacular things I've ever seen.

So, take Chuckie's advice: If you are going to be in or around Orlando, take the opportunity to see the show at Magic Kingdom...and skip everything else.

PS...be sure to have cash on you if you take the Florida Turnpike. They don't take cards and give you an "insufficient funds" notice to pay the toll when you get home. In one of the most Florida things I've ever experienced, there is no way to pay the toll online. I'm going to have to mail two separate checks...one for $1 and another for $3.25 to satisfy my obligations. If someone has an "in" with the big man (Coach Pruitt), please relay all of this to him and let him know I'd appreciate it if they'd beat the dog piss out of the Gators this year.

tl;dr - Be sure to see the end of day show at Magic Kingdom before you die...other than that, stay the hell out of Florida -- especially Orlando.

Last edited:
Well, I had something work related to attend at Disney, so we went several days early and took the kids. We had always kind-of felt like our kids weren't super into Disney, and also aren't what you would call "troopers", and we definitely knew that we had no interest. But, we thought that we might as well take the opportunity so that it's one less thing our kids can use to blame us for why their lives are unfulfilled.

Our hunches were correct. For the most part, we hated it. And not necessarily for the reasons we thought we would hate it. (FYI...I've heard people say this and assumed they were just being funny, but it actually did smell like hot dog water down there)

I was astounded at how poor the service was. You hear so much about how spectacular customer service is at Disney. However, with very few exceptions, the "cast members" we encountered were indifferent at best...grouchy at worst. And I couldn't believe how poor some of them were at their jobs. We stopped to grab some waters at one of the street-vendor-esque carts in Animal Kingdom. I was third in line and the two people in front of me ordered a beverage and an ice cream. I was in the line for at least 10 minutes. The guy operating the thing was doing his best impression of the character "Flash" from Zootopia. And whether you are in the parks, or at a Disney hotel, you will not do anything the way you want to do it...you will do it the way they tell you to do it. And, even then, it is inconsistent (on two of the days we could wait in a pool area near the end of the water slide for our son to come down the slide...on another day, we were commanded to clear that area and wait in another section).

We didn't have one meal on Disney property that didn't absolutely suck.

We knew that the hotel room was going to be cramped with four people (we stayed at the Yacht Club), but it was downright miserable. The mattress was very uncomfortable, and the water pressure was anemic.

It took us five trips to guest services for our magic bands to work consistently. The blamed it on my using the iPhone app to unlock my door...which I did because the magic band didn't work.

For everything we hated about it, though, the Happily Ever After show at Magic Kingdom made the entire trip worth it. It was one of the most spectacular things I've ever seen.

So, take Chuckie's advice: If you are going to be in or around Orlando, take the opportunity to see the show at Magic Kingdom...and skip everything else.

PS...be sure to have cash on you if you take the Florida Turnpike. They don't take cards and give you an "insufficient funds" notice to pay the toll when you get home. In one of the most Florida things I've ever experienced, there is no way to pay the toll online. I'm going to have to mail two separate checks...one for $1 and another for $3.25 to satisfy my obligations. If someone has an "in" with the big man (Coach Pruitt), please relay all of this to him and let him know I'd appreciate it if they'd beat the dog piss out of the Gators this year.

tl;dr - Be sure to see the end of day show at Magic Kingdom before you die...other than that, stay the hell out of Florida -- especially Orlando.
Thought I was on trip advisor for a minute

Just read an article related to that. Legal Weed Suppliers Pressure L.A. Officials to Crack Down on Illegal Shops

California taxes the legal weed people before, during and after:

How Legal Weed Is Killing America’s Most Famous Marijuana Farmers

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back