(Brothers Martin)

Nick Turner, Brother Martin, Safety
Nick Turner, 2020 Safety - Rivals.com
Nicholas Turner on Hudl

Vols Recruitment timeline
5/14/19 - Vols offer.
6/1/19 - Participated in Vols camp.

Last edited:
Yeah, running the fastest 40 at a camp full of higher rated prospects is no big deal at all.

I'm more impressed with him being named one of the top performers than I am having the fastest 40.

On the flip side, this camp seemed to be more younger kids (c.o. 21/22/23) or under the radar or unranked guys.

Reactions: AngryButchJones
I'm more impressed with him being named one of the top performers than I am having the fastest 40.

On the flip side, this camp seemed to be more younger kids (c.o. 21/22/23) or under the radar or unranked guys.
Yeah, either way it's not a "meh" performance for him. I agree, though, seemed like a lot of younger guys were there.

Reactions: EdEcEko77
It's been a busy month for 2020 Louisiana defensive back Nick Turner, as he has made his way across the Southeast to visit and camp at several different programs. With stops at Georgia Tech, Tennessee and Auburn, Turner has had the chance to get a great feel for schools within driving distance of his Louisiana home. But before the dead period starts, Turner is going to head north to see what Big 10 program Penn State has to offer. Rivals.com caught up with Turner to talk about his upcoming trip to Happy Valley as well as his recent trip to Knoxville.
"I've been talking with Coach Ansley and Coach Johnson a lot. They wanted to see me compete and see my talents on the field and I went up there and did my thing. Coach Johnson really recruits The Boot hard. Coach Johnson always comes down and talks to a lot of kids from The Boot. We text or talk pretty much every other day. Between him and Coach Ansley, we talk all the time." "Coach Ansley really likes how I can play either safety or corner. He likes my speed, too. If I'm playing free safety I can come down and cover like a corner. The wouldn't have to bring in other guys or have a different personnel package. They could leave me out there all four downs."
"They said by the time I get there those guys will be juniors and probably getting ready to go to the league so that would be their last year. They might put me at free safety that first year and after those two guys leave maybe move me over." "I took a visit up there right before the spring and it was a good time. We just talked and saw where I would fit in and got a feel for campus. They pretty much show me love all the time so it wasn't anything new. I just went to go there and competed.I ran the fastest 40 at the camp and was one of the top performers."
-Rivals

I love that last section of quotes, specifically this:

"They said by the time I get there those guys will be juniors and probably getting ready to go to the league."

If they project as expected they should def be out of here after yr 3 especially Alontae with his measurables.

Tennessee: "I've been talking with Coach Ansley and Coach Johnson a lot. They wanted to see me compete and see my talents on the field and I went up there and did my thing. Coach Johnson really recruits The Boot hard. Coach Johnson always comes down and talks to a lot of kids from The Boot. We text or talk pretty much every other day. Between him and Coach Ansley, we talk all the time."

Potential fit: "Coach Ansley really likes how I can play either safety or corner. He likes my speed, too. If I'm playing free safety I can come down and cover like a corner. The wouldn't have to bring in other guys or have a different personnel package. They could leave me out there all four downs."

Chance to play early: "They said by the time I get there those guys will be juniors and probably getting ready to go to the league so that would be their last year. They might put me at free safety that first year and after those two guys leave maybe move me over."

Thoughts on visit: "I took a visit up there right before the spring and it was a good time. We just talked and saw where I would fit in and got a feel for campus. They pretty much show me love all the time so it wasn't anything new. I just went to go there and competed.I ran the fastest 40 at the camp and was one of the top performers."
- Woody

Reactions: Vol8188

VN Store

Back