Mueller Report Imminent

I don't look at this PC or his comments as clarifying......I find it to be the exact opposite. JMO

You don't see how he clarified what he was tasked with doing and what his office was and wasn't capable of - within the framework of the DOJ's procedures?

That's exactly what I heard.

Reactions: JCP201
This is what I heard, am I wrong?
He concluded that there was interference in our elections by the Russians. He said there was not enough evidence on collusion and the President. On the obstruction charge he said he can't charge a sitting president-- that was up to Congress. The problem for Congress is that the Senate won't charge Trump with impeachment regardless of evidence so it's all a waste of time. .
Basically...........well that and Mueller saying if Trump was found innocent, they would have stated that. Mueller is just publically punting the ball to Congress

You don't see how he clarified what he was tasked with doing and what his office was and wasn't capable of - within the framework of the DOJ's procedures?

That's exactly what I heard.
I think he clarified why they wrote the report the way they did.............I don't think he clarified what he believes actually happened and whether or not Trump was guilty of either.

Sorry, but Mueller owes more. He has left this situation in limbo honestly.

He has intentionally done so with this statement and his report. IMO he came off as a bitter man, I still go with the idea that he is pissed because he will not go down in history as the man who brought down a presidency.

He concluded that there was interference in our elections by the Russians. He said there was not enough evidence on collusion and the President. On the obstruction charge he said he can't charge a sitting president-- that was up to Congress. The problem for Congress is that the Senate won't charge Trump with impeachment regardless of evidence so it's all a waste of time. .

I don't think he mentioned the word collusion, that's a media word. he spoke about Russian interference, obstruction and that specifically he couldn't have charged the president of a federal crime even if he had the smoking gun as the POTUS couldn't be charged per DOJ procedures.

Mostly correct. There wasn’t enough evidence of conspiracy, which is the closest thing in the law to what we’ve come to call collusion.

If the Ds time it right, they can be at the pinnacle of impeachment hearings during the 2020 campaign and election. Crafty.
I've thought this was the intent for a while. Delay until they can cause maximum disruption to the upcoming election process. Probably when it's too late for the R party to go through a normal candidate selection process.

Similar to the Kavanaugh hearings.

Reactions: AM64
I've thought this was the intent for a while. Delay until they can cause maximum disruption to the upcoming election process. Probably when it's too late for the R party to go through a normal candidate selection process.

Nah, not only would impeachment fail in the Senate, the red hat brigade would use that as a rallying cry to circle the wagons.

It's a smart strategy.

He issued a 450 page report. If there was a crime, then why didn’t he include it there?

Clean the earwax out dude. Prosecutors make a choice to charge or not charge. Mueller said if they lacked sufficient evidence to charge obstruction, they would have said so (and in fact did say so with respect to conspiracy). So, in other words, there was sufficient evidence to charge obstruction. The reason they didn't charge obstruction was doj policy.

VN Store

Back