What is the ONE thing Pruitt cannot do next year

The lowest point he can hit (literally the least he can do before most fans turn) is to go 5-7, blowout losses to UGA, UF, and Bama, 0 SEC wins, and to lose a handful of players.

I mean a lot of people will be ticked off but I believe he’d still get a TON of support from certain sections of the fan base. 6-6 with a bowl win probably means an extension and raise.

The lowest point he can hit (literally the least he can do before most fans turn) is to go 5-7, blowout losses to UGA, UF, and Bama, 0 SEC wins, and to lose a handful of players.

I mean a lot of people will be ticked off but I believe he’d still get a TON of support from certain sections of the fan base. 6-6 with a bowl win probably means an extension and raise.

We have become Vandy /Kentucky

Reactions: Titan05
Leave to take Nick Saban’s Place (as so many fear)
I don't worry about this. I worry about Pruitt not making that expected second year leap, that most all top tier coaches are able to do. Not expecting East title, but to me, 6, or even 7 wins will be disappointing, though that's what talent level probably grades out to be. If Pruitt and staff, including S/C, are what they are professed to be, we need to hit 8 wins this year to show demonstrative progress, which will put us in play for alot of top level recruits that are probably waiting to see a higher level of performance before committing. IF he's successful enough to make the cut for Saban replacement, he'll have turned the Vols around, and the next coaching search will be MUCH easier. For that matter, there's a few guys on staff which may make sense...Chaney and Ansley.

Get caught cheating and get put on probation

While I don't disagree, I'd also add that he really can't afford to miss out on the instate elite talent or fail to finish with a top 10 class again this year. If we have staff that can't or won't recruit at a top level, they'd better be one helluva coach.

I personally wouldn't be opposed to him dedicating this season to building experience and possibly finish a game behind schedule.
Think about it. JG could be moving on as early as next yr if he (1)has a breakout yr or (2) takes another beating like he did last yr. We have no one behind him with any real experience. Im pretty sure JT will be #2 so he'll get some snaps. Why not pick 4 games for Maurer to start or play significant time?

The o line is a question mark so if they struggle why not interchange and evaluate in real game action? You'll know who can and can't by midseason.

Same on d line as above.

The results in 2020 will be 2 possible 3 returning qbs with SEC experience. A young experianced o line and d line and the KNOWLEDGE of what positions are in the most need for recruiting and all we gave up was possibly 8-5 for 6-6. We still make a bowl game. Thoughts?

Jeremy Pruitt is paid to win football games. That being said you don’t pick 4 games to start your back up quarterback to give him “experience”, over giving the team it’s best chance to win. Thoughts...Ignorance is simply not a deterrent to posters on volnation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 08Vol
It never occurred to me we were cheating AND losing at the same time until this thread. I've moved from being a day drinker to a morning drinker now. Thanks VN!

sefk2.jpg

What do you think is the ONE thing Pruitt cannot do next year without the fanbase losing faith?

For me, the only thing worse to losing to Vandy, is losing to a rebuilding Vandy at home. If he loses the Vandy game next year.... it'll be ugly for him I believe .

A loss to Vandy and failing to make a bowl would be a cause for concern. There must be signs of improvement in year two.

Reactions: Titan05
I agree with your choice. Although I think there are many things he simply can not do. He cannot interfere with the offense at all. He has to let this staff/player relationship grow on its own and let Cheney run the offense and choose his own personnel.

That being said I won't be one calling for his job regardless. I think VN has to learn to be patient and stop paying musical coach(true definitionof insanity). He needs 4 yrs to complete a cycle and complaining about the immediate results are simply unfair.
He will need more than 4 years...

I personally wouldn't be opposed to him dedicating this season to building experience and possibly finish a game behind schedule.
Think about it. JG could be moving on as early as next yr if he (1)has a breakout yr or (2) takes another beating like he did last yr. We have no one behind him with any real experience. Im pretty sure JT will be #2 so he'll get some snaps. Why not pick 4 games for Maurer to start or play significant time?

The o line is a question mark so if they struggle why not interchange and evaluate in real game action? You'll know who can and can't by midseason.

Same on d line as above.

The results in 2020 will be 2 possible 3 returning qbs with SEC experience. A young experianced o line and d line and the KNOWLEDGE of what positions are in the most need for recruiting and all we gave up was possibly 8-5 for 6-6. We still make a bowl game. Thoughts?

I like what you say, but there will be no tolerance for the "experimenting" and the likely losing that will result. I, like you would love to see more "experience building", but when your no. 1's are barely able to hang on part of the time, well......

The only thing Pruitt needs to do is continue to get better across the board, to say year two that has to do this or that is wrong especially with so little talent that was in the roster we will start winning when we have enough of the right pieces.

What do you think is the ONE thing Pruitt cannot do next year without the fanbase losing faith?

For me, the only thing worse to losing to Vandy, is losing to a rebuilding Vandy at home. If he loses the Vandy game next year.... it'll be ugly for him I believe .

Jeremy Pruitt is payed to win football games. That being said you don’t pick 4 games to start your back up quarterback to give him “experience”, over giving the team it’s best chance to win. Thoughts...Ignorance is simply not a deterrent to posters on volnation.
So I'm ignorant now. 🤔 when old faces are not winning football games yet keeping them in there is the best solution? Idk man. I wouldn't call that ignorant at all. I call that trying to find the best combination to win football games.

VN Store

Back