The Jarrett Guarantano debate thread...

What the hell else is he going to say.

Well, let's see.

He could:

1. Say nothing at all (isn't that what our mommas taught us to do when we have nothing good to say?)
2. Talk about what needs to be worked on, which oh-by-the-way helps make the case for JG remaining his student/client.
3. Spout platitudes without any specifics.
4. Change the subject, subtly, to some other aspect of the young man's character, personality, values, upbringing, etc.

So, in fact, there are a ton of things he could've said other than the very specific, detailed, and strongly positive assessment he gave.

Folks aren't required to say nice things. They very often don't. Even former coaches, teachers, and guides.

Why do we tend not to take people at their word these days? I'm gonna believe the fella said what he meant.

Well, let's see.

He could:

1. Say nothing at all (isn't that what our mommas taught us to do when we have nothing good to say?)
2. Talk about what needs to be worked on, which oh-by-the-way helps make the case for JG remaining his student/client.
3. Spout platitudes without any specifics.
4. Change the subject, subtly, to some other aspect of the young man's character, personality, values, upbringing, etc.

So, in fact, there are a ton of things he could've said other than the very specific, detailed, and strongly positive assessment he gave.

Folks aren't required to say nice things. They very often don't. Even former coaches, teachers, and guides.

Why do we tend not to take people at their word these days? I'm gonna believe the fella said what he meant.

Yet, ALL of those fantasy things you posted would HURT his income as a PAID coach. Not saying anything is the LAST thing he would EVER do when he has the opportunity to self-promote his coaching abilities.
We all hope that JG is improved, but this is off-season hype of a coach by said coach.

Reactions: 08Vol and Bash
Yet, ALL of those fantasy things you posted would HURT his income as a PAID coach. Not saying anything is the LAST thing he would EVER do when he has the opportunity to self-promote his coaching abilities.
We all hope that JG is improved, but this is off-season hype of a coach by said coach.

This happens every damn year and it still bothers you guys that others want to talk about it. Who cares? Lol, it's unbelievable.

This happens every damn year and it still bothers you guys that others want to talk about it. Who cares? Lol, it's unbelievable.

Doesn't "bother" me at all. Just "unbelievable" that it gets the "gospel" effect it gets. (Did I hit enough of your code words?)

Reactions: 08Vol and Bash
"Like I said, he can throw with anybody, but it’s the ability to throw the ball kind of with a little touch and the ability to get the ball to people and leading people and throwing the ball to spots on time, he’s gotten much better at that.”

According to some on here, he meant to throw behind his receivers, coach.. C'mon man havent you heard of the back shoulder pass? :)

Just playin errbody, its Friday

Yes it does. NOPE, "comical" is what it is.

Lol, what gospel effect? Show me.

From the op............"I think JG wasnt rated #1 in the country for no reason and hopefully now that he has been under some good coaching, it is going to show out."

Nothing wrong with enthusiasm. Nothing wrong with perspective either.

Reactions: dan4vols
From the op............"I think JG wasnt rated #1 in the country for no reason and hopefully now that he has been under some good coaching, it is going to show out."

Nothing wrong with enthusiasm. Nothing wrong with perspective either.

"I Think"

"Hopefully"

Oh my goodness, pump them brakes, we don't need any thinking or hoping around here. Everything sucks and will suck until I say it doesn't.

Actually, it's my understanding that "gospel" means good news, so I guess technically you're right.

"I Think"

"Hopefully"

Oh my goodness, pump them brakes, we don't need any thinking or hoping around here. Everything sucks and will suck until I say it doesn't.

Actually, it's my understanding that "gospel" means good news, so I guess technically you're right.

And the more you recognize this, the better off you and EVERYBODY else will be.

You did notice the fact that this is a coach stating that a player has improved significantly since the LAST time he worked with him. To me, that would mean he feels the improvement came while JG working with the new QB coach and OC at UT. He is NOT saying "this is what I did to help him". He is stating what he sees as an improvement in his technique.

You did notice the fact that this is a coach stating that a player has improved significantly since the LAST time he worked with him. To me, that would mean he feels the improvement came while JG working with the new QB coach and OC at UT. He is NOT saying "this is what I did to help him". He is stating what he sees as an improvement in his technique.

Mmmmmkay.........

VN Store

Back