Geno: Lady Vols are 'any other school now'

Does just any school have 8 banners? No... This is Geno being the d*** that he is. The point of his comment was to get a rise out of the Tennessee fan base. He still has a stick up his butt about Pat's allegations against him. It's very Spurrier-esque, except that Steve could also be funny, whereas Geno is just patronizing and flippant.

The only people getting a rise in this fanbase are the ones trying to say he's wrong. Most of the people here have their eyes open and realize we are NOT what we once we're ... Elite. That will have to be earned back by CKH, staff, and players.

As far as any allegations by Pat go, that is one gigantic nothing Burger. If she wasn't willing to go public with "alleged" transgressions, then there are NO transgressions to discuss. You can't hide your claims, stop the series, then expect everyone to see CGA as a transgressor. (Not saying she even expected that) If you or others are still holding on to unspecified claims against the guy without 1 shred of proof, then I pray you never are called for jury duty. Please opt out in some way.

I didn't read it. It is a John Adam's article? News Sentinel seems interested in posting only negative articles about the Lady Vols. Doesn't seem like this paper should be based in Knoxville.

It won't be for long. That'll make a nice warehouse near I40 soon enough.

I read the article and can provide a bit of context. The title is click bait, the comments are more related to high media coverage / interest in UConn - Tenn series renewing relative to coverage given to who they have been playing regularly. It wasn't so much a dig at Tenn, as much of a dig at the lack of recognition of who UConn regularly / historically schedules.

The only people getting a rise in this fanbase are the ones trying to say he's wrong. Most of the people here have their eyes open and realize we are NOT what we once we're ... Elite. That will have to be earned back by CKH, staff, and players.

As far as any allegations by Pat go, that is one gigantic nothing Burger. If she wasn't willing to go public with "alleged" transgressions, then there are NO transgressions to discuss. You can't hide your claims, stop the series, then expect everyone to see CGA as a transgressor. (Not saying she even expected that) If you or others are still holding on to unspecified claims against the guy without 1 shred of proof, then I pray you never are called for jury duty. Please opt out in some way.
What in the hell are you talking about? She did go public with them in her book. She had every right to cancel the series because Geno is a d***. And Tennessee is not just any school because not just any school has 8 championships. Whether or not they are currently elite is not the issue. Geno is a d***. That is the issue.

He should worry about his own problems. He hasn’t been to the title game since 2016. Seems like his program is trending downward while all the others have caught up.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
What if he's trying to raise everyone's hackles and inject some small amount of life into this obvious non-rivalry. Tennessee doesn't have any burning rivalries right now, except maybe someone like UTC.

Reactions: BreatheUT
He's 100% correct. Unfortunately, for Geno and Uconn... They've usually followed UT's path. UConn will be a thing of the past soon enough.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Does just any school have 8 banners? No... This is Geno being the d*** that he is. The point of his comment was to get a rise out of the Tennessee fan base. He still has a stick up his butt about Pat's allegations against him. It's very Spurrier-esque, except that Steve could also be funny, whereas Geno is just patronizing and flippant.

Don't confuse what was with what is.

"orangefloyd, post:]We are not elite nor do we care to be. We do not have an elite mindset in any sport. When you are elite you at least make an effort to hire elite coaches.[/QUOTE]

I disagree with that now that Fulmer is the AD. He may not be hiring what you consider to be name/elite coaches but he is hiring good proven coaches. Has given Pruitt a blank check in FB to bring that program back, fired the baseball coach and replaced with one no one much new about but look at the results in a short time. Put his job over friendship to fire Holly and brought a coach he believes can get it done (under many restrictions on the coach, ie had to be female, a past LV) and is providing the resources to do it. So there is an elite mindset returning to UT sports now. It cannot happen overnight.

"orangefloyd, post:]We are not elite nor do we care to be. We do not have an elite mindset in any sport. When you are elite you at least make an effort to hire elite coaches.

I disagree with that now that Fulmer is the AD. He may not be hiring what you consider to be name/elite coaches but he is hiring good proven coaches. Has given Pruitt a blank check in FB to bring that program back, fired the baseball coach and replaced with one no one much new about but look at the results in a short time. Put his job over friendship to fire Holly and brought a coach he believes can get it done (under many restrictions on the coach, ie had to be female, a past LV) and is providing the resources to do it. So there is an elite mindset returning to UT sports now. It cannot happen overnight.[/QUOTE]

And that is where the problem lies. Why did the new coach have to be a female? There was no reason in the universe to not go after the best hire even if it was a male...SMDH

This isn’t a court of law.... it’s all public opinion..... I think just as many of our fans defend Geno as try to support Kellie and help her build our program back to where we want it..... Tennessee’s brand is still elite... you don’t lose that bc of a few sub par years.

I'll Preface this by saying "I guess I do this as well". It gets very annoying coming here hoping for GOOD information but we seem to line up only to state the obvious stuff to each other over and over and over again. EVERYBODY knows the LV program isn't what it once was under Pat. EVERYBODY knows our football program isn't what it once was under the General and CPF. So man, lets lay off the mini lecture "let me educate you" stuff and this site would be much better IMO. I still enjoy the Vols and try to approach this stuff logically and enrich my enjoyment by reading profitable post here. And granted some are very informative and entertaining and I appreciate them (I usually can recognize who they are and steer clear of the drama queens). Most of us who have been around for many years understand these things run in cycles and we'll be back again someday. IMO that's why its so critical we enjoy a run like the Mens Basketvols enjoyed this past season. You never know when we'll come this way again....

VN Store

Back