2019 Season -- Bold Predictions

The OP sounds more like the Vol fan ideal scenario than realistic ha.

Not exactly. The Vol fan ideal scenario for 2019 goes something like this:

1. Vols are most improved, at 12-0 regular season (+7). No one else comes close.
2. Pruitt does earn SEC Coach of the Year honors after winning the national title, 15-0 through post-season.
3. Guarantano is highest-rated QB in the SEC, and in fact, in the country.
4. Saban becomes mortal, as the Vols begin a 30-year winning streak against the Tide.
5. Florida melts down completely, has a crisis of conscience, and declares that the only good things that ever happened for their program came from Tennessee (Spurrier, etc.)
6. IknoxvolsI buys every true Tennessee fan free drinks for life.

"Ideal" is an extreme word. You gotta twist the dials all the way up to 11 to get there.

And yes, ideal is usually very, very far from reality. :)

Last edited:
Orange-Kool-Aid-Man-205.jpg

JG will pass for 2,800 yards and 25 TDs

Jennings will be The Dog once again.

We will go 8-4

We pull an upset against one of the big three
I can get on board with all of these. Think it’ll be a stretch to get to 8, but I’ll go with these predictions.

Reactions: dduncan4163
Jenkins catches a hail mary pass in Neyland stadium to beat Georgia. This time the coach doesn't fall to the ground crying.
Jones was such a fraud. Obviously, the crumpling in a heap and weeping after the UGA Hail Mary demonstrates that. Also, recall in 2013 after Palardy hit the game-winning FG to beat SCar.....while everybody else was jumping around and celebrating, that idiot was on a knee doing his best General Neyland impression, flattop and all. I remember thinking, what was that guy doing....it was literally the same pose as General Neyland’s statue outside of the stadium....in retrospect it’s clear to me he was trying to have fans equate him to the General. Everything was all show and no substance with that fraud.
26804692-95DF-4198-BF71-7F614125954A.png

Jones was such a fraud. Obviously, the crumpling in a heap and weeping after the UGA Hail Mary demonstrates that. Also, recall in 2013 after Palardy hit the game-winning FG to beat SCar.....while everybody else was jumping around and celebrating, that idiot was on a knee doing his best General Neyland impression, flattop and all. I remember thinking, what was that guy doing....it was literally the same pose as General Neyland’s statue outside of the stadium....in retrospect it’s clear to me he was trying to have fans equate him to the General. Everything was all show and no substance with that fraud.
View attachment 206519
Didn't notice this, but fits his M.O.

7. Butchna and SJT will hug, KB will become the most optimistic VolNation.com member, Charger will admit he's a smokin-hot 30-year old ex Victoria Secret model pretending to be a dude, and Behr will propose marriage, sight-unseen.
You are WAY late. Butchna and I have been hugging for months....

I might be too shell-shocked from last season to have bold optimistic predictions, but I'll try:

(*) We rush for over 2,300 yards (+700 over last season) due to much improved performance in run-blocking by the O-line
(*) Darrell Taylor works his way up to a 2nd round prospect in the NFL Draft
(*) JG throws for over 2,500 yards

#1 is the most important to the success of the season. Our run blocking was historically awful last season. We only ran for 1,549 yards, which is pathetic. In comparison, Florida ran for over 2,770 yards and Georgia ran for over 3,300.

I like that our returning O-linemen looked much bigger and stronger in spring than they were last season. That gives me some optimism that we'll be able to establish a running game this year, which is going to pay dividends in the passing game, and also give our defense more rest, as well. Still think youth and inexperience on the line causes some problems, but hopefully we're no longer getting manhandled in run blocking, and that makes thing easier for the offense.

I have a bold prediction for the upcoming season: we hang with bama, uga, and florida until the last 5 minutes of each game, but lose all 3 by a total of 10 points.
AND we beat the tar out of vandy and hang fiddy on them.
I agree with you Tennessee loses to Florida,Georgia and Alabama and wins the rest finishing 9-3.

Tennessee will upset FL in the swamp. Ga. Will get hit with major sanctions the week
of the Tech game having to forfeit all their games. Uncle Lou commits Suicide! Discontent sets in with the Tide which allows LSU to pull the upset. Saben gets hit
with heavy fine for cussing out media.

Coach O is misunderstood by Nick at
Midfield. CO said "Luck to you Nick".
Espn does another documentary on STRESS
with the Al. Job. Lsu beats Tn. In overtime
For SEC crown.

I might be too shell-shocked from last season to have bold optimistic predictions, but I'll try:

(*) We rush for over 2,300 yards (+700 over last season) due to much improved performance in run-blocking by the O-line
(*) Darrell Taylor works his way up to a 2nd round prospect in the NFL Draft
(*) JG throws for over 2,500 yards

#1 is the most important to the success of the season. Our run blocking was historically awful last season. We only ran for 1,549 yards, which is pathetic. In comparison, Florida ran for over 2,770 yards and Georgia ran for over 3,300.

I like that our returning O-linemen looked much bigger and stronger in spring than they were last season. That gives me some optimism that we'll be able to establish a running game this year, which is going to pay dividends in the passing game, and also give our defense more rest, as well. Still think youth and inexperience on the line causes some problems, but hopefully we're no longer getting manhandled in run blocking, and that makes thing easier for the offense.

I went back and rewatched the Mizzou game from last year...still in shock at how frail our OL looked compared to theirs. We had one guy that “looked” the part in Drew Richmond and the rest looked like TE’s...

I went back and rewatched the Mizzou game from last year...still in shock at how frail our OL looked compared to theirs. We had one guy that “looked” the part in Drew Richmond and the rest looked like TE’s...

That's a pretty sad day when Richmond is the best OL on the field for us!

Spot-on. Only 1 OL (not including Trey) that physically looked like an SEC OL and he was the most mistake-prone of the entire bunch. Not a good situation. We got flat-out overpowered on the line.

Seeing guys like Nathan Niehaus, Jahmir Johnson, and Marcus Tatum bulk up this offseason is a good sign to me. Not sure how much it will pay off on the field yet, but at least I can be hopeful about that.

VN Store

Back