Lady Vols Softball Regional Final @ Noon ET

I've never used an ipad so this is an educated guess. Find a pic you like on the internet. Since you tap a web address to bring up the copy option, I'd guess it's the same with a pic. Tap the pic and see if it brings up the option to Save the pic. If it does, tap that and save it. On a computer it will give you a choice of where to save the pic, such as My Pictures, Documents, Downloads, etc. There has to be a place on the ipad where it saves pics. I don't know what it's called.

Once you have a pic saved click on your username at the top of any Volnation page. Then click on Preferences, then click Your Profile, then click Edit Avatar (which should be inside a square box). Once you click Edit Avatar it should bring up a page that says Upload Custom Avatar and there should be a Browse button or a Choose File button (at least that's how it is on my computer). Click Browse or Choose File (it may say something different but similar on an ipad) and it should give you options of where you have pics stored. Find the pic you saved and click on it. It should load into the square avatar box. Then click Okay and it should save it as your new avatar.

That sounds very confusing and it may not be exactly how it is on an ipad. I use Firefox mostly and Chrome sometimes and it's a little different on each. You may have to play around with it a little. And it may help to write down the steps before you start. If this doesn't help try Youtube. There is a video on Youtube for almost everything. Good luck!
Hi larjoranj, see post 400, doing this so you’ll get an alert. 🙂

TaDa! Meet Leah, my new avatar. She is a Catahoula with gold eyes, and is one of my 4 pups, obviously friendly. larjoranj is teaching me about my iPad, and how to do things here. 😀. WTOB, may I call you that? I had pics on google photos, which had appeared there from pics I took on my phone, so I started playing around with them. I downloaded a few and they ended up on the iPad photos page that were where photos taken by the iPad itself were. That’s where the edit avatar choice would go, so, walla, Leah! Hope this helps you with your avatar edit, and thanks again, larjoranj! 🙂

giphy.gif

Night owl, have to stay up at night to take care of my 17 year old Lhasa, sleep in the morning. Will change my avatar so you can see all 4 of my pups. Can’t wait to see your new avatar! 😀

In the past I had pictures picked out if I ever decided to use one as my avatar. But earlier this morning, when I started looking around, I can't find anything to use now. I've gone almost 7 years without one I guess I'm in no hurry. If I find one you'll know it.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
That pup pup in your Avatar looks pretty. I have two big pup pups.
She is, I also have a Lab, an Australian Cattle Dog, and my Lhasa. What kind of pups do you have? I haven’t figured out yet how to get internet pics, or pics I didn’t take, to my tablet. How did you get John Wayne to your tablet? Btw, I really like your avatar.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
She is, I also have a Lab, an Australian Cattle Dog, and my Lhasa. What kind of pups do you have? I haven’t figured out yet how to get internet pics, or pics I didn’t take, to my tablet. How did you get John Wayne to your tablet? Btw, I really like your avatar.

Got his picture off his bio on >>> wikipedia. I gooled him & his picture is on the homepage writeup. It was taken in 1965 as a public publicity picture used by the studio. One of my dogs is a Swiss Mountain Dog adoptive from the pound. The other dog is a black or very dark brown lab mixed w/a bird dog >>> I found her tied up & abandoned at a place of business. Their names are Sadie & Abby. Sadie came w/her name from the humane society. EDIT: This avatar picture is a new one. I had a 1965 picture of John Wayne used earlier.

Last edited:
Got his picture off his bio on >>> wikipedia. I gooled him & his picture is on the homepage writeup. It was taken in 1965 as a public publicity picture used by the studio. One of my dogs is a Swiss Mountain Dog adoptive from the pound. The other dog is a black or very dark brown lab mixed w/a bird dog >>> I found her tied up & abandoned at a place of business. Their names are Sadie & Abby. Sadie came w/her name from the humane society.
That’s great. I have rescued many dogs as well, and 3 of my current 4 came from the pound. How did you get your John Wayne picture to a place where you could make it your avatar? I was going to put Matty’s pic as my avatar, but don’t know how to move it to a place on my tablet to do that.

Last edited:
Got his picture off his bio on >>> wikipedia. I gooled him & his picture is on the homepage writeup. It was taken in 1965 as a public publicity picture used by the studio. One of my dogs is a Swiss Mountain Dog adoptive from the pound. The other dog is a black or very dark brown lab mixed w/a bird dog >>> I found her tied up & abandoned at a place of business. Their names are Sadie & Abby. Sadie came w/her name from the humane society.
I looked up Swiss Mountain Dog, beautiful!

That’s great. I have rescued many dogs as well, and 3 of my current 4 came from the pound. How did you get your John Wayne picture to a place where you could make it your avatar? I was going to put Matty’s pic as my avatar, but don’t know how to move it to a place on my tablet to do that.

I went into my computer (Dell desktop) & found my "downloads" document folder. There's many a download stuff in there I never knew I had >>> but anyway, on Wayne's picture I right clicked his photo on wikipedia to "copy image" and that picture went to my download folder. I opened up that folder along w/all the other things in there & his picture was sitting there. I did what that other poster said to do by going to "my profile" & opened up that certain file w/his picture & clicked on "OK" and that was that.

I went into my computer (Dell desktop) & found my "downloads" document folder. There's many a download stuff in there I never knew I had >>> but anyway, on Wayne's picture I right clicked his photo on wikipedia to "copy image" and that picture went to my download folder. I opened up that folder along w/all the other things in there & his picture was sitting there. I did what that other poster said to do by going to "my profile" & opened up that certain file w/his picture & clicked on "OK" and that was that.
Thank you for that info, using an iPad, and experimenting. Anyway, here’s Matty!!!

Who’s your new avatar?

You’re very funny, another great pic, too! 😀 Okay, this is Casey (named after Casey Clausen), he’s the one who keeps me up all night, he’s 17 and can’t see.

Dogs & cats can live to a very long time. We have some (kittens) cats that are three this summer & they will live longer than me.

VN Store

Back