Tennessee vs Auburn Game Thread - 5:30

I’m happy for them to. I hope that they do well. They have had a pretty good season. I suppose I should pop on and say more positive stuff from time to time. Having said that again, I am kind of tired of not playing well in post season tournament games. The vols seem to have a clear pattern of that spanning most sports over the past decade or so. If that makes me some terrible person, negative Nancy so be it I suppose. Ultimately they piss me off so much because I genuinely just want them to succeed.. I get people show it in different ways and I don’t have a problem in the world with those who can just shrug it off and be content. Just wish the ones of us who don’t express our love for the vols that way didn’t have to be constantly persecuted for it.
I don't think any of us can just shrug it off, most of us are just trying to look at the bigger picture: 38 wins and an NCAA Tournament birth for the first time since 2005. That's clear and definitive progress under this new staff in two years.

Reactions: RollerVol
I’m happy for them to. I hope that they do well. They have had a pretty good season. I suppose I should pop on and say more positive stuff from time to time. Having said that again, I am kind of tired of not playing well in post season tournament games. The vols seem to have a clear pattern of that spanning most sports over the past decade or so. If that makes me some terrible person, negative Nancy so be it I suppose. Ultimately they piss me off so much because I genuinely just want them to succeed.. I get people show it in different ways and I don’t have a problem in the world with those who can just shrug it off and be content. Just wish the ones of us who don’t express our love for the vols that way didn’t have to be constantly persecuted for it.
They have succeeded this year. I think that is what a majority of people are saying and getting frustrated about. They can go 0-2 in the regional and still would have had a successful season. Anytime you break a 15 year tournament drought it’s a successful season. The bashing of the team throughout the year makes it seem like we’re an elite program. It’s crazy if you can’t be happy as the year as a whole regardless of what happened yesterday and happens next weekend.

Patience there. If you're fortunate enough to live as long as me, things will even out, I assure you. You obviously have EID (Emotional Investment Disease), which makes our outlook a little skewed. I had this when I was younger, but today, I can step back, discern what is really important in life, and not let the outcome affect my priorities. Yes, I get disappointed, too, but never discouraged. In the end, we will have more than our fair share of success in the future.

Patience there. If you're fortunate enough to live as long as me, things will even out, I assure you. You obviously have EID (Emotional Investment Disease), which makes our outlook a little skewed. I had this when I was younger, but today, I can step back, discern what is really important in life, and not let the outcome affect my priorities. Yes, I get disappointed, too, but never discouraged. In the end, we will have more than our fair share of success in the future.
I hope your right. I’d love to see it.

Being negative is fine but offer a solution or insight, its the first lesson I taught my kids.

Freak won't ban you from the Forum posting the "circle jerk" comment.....but I can ban you from Pick'em, You're banned! :)
I suppose that’s ok since I never played:) though it’s probably fun.

They have had a good season. I’m glad for them. I’d really like to see them have a little tourney success.
They have succeeded this year. I think that is what a majority of people are saying and getting frustrated about. They can go 0-2 in the regional and still would have had a successful season. Anytime you break a 15 year tournament drought it’s a successful season. The bashing of the team throughout the year makes it seem like we’re an elite program. It’s crazy if you can’t be happy as the year as a whole regardless of what happened yesterday and happens next weekend.

I remember when Johnny Majors took the football job. Progress.

I remember when Fulmer took the same job. Progress.

None of it was overnight.

It’s Vitello’s turn. Progress.

As long as we are moving in the right direction and doing it the right way, and the teams play hard, I am proud to be a Vol, win or lose.

I don't think any of us can just shrug it off, most of us are just trying to look at the bigger picture: 38 wins and an NCAA Tournament birth for the first time since 2005. That's clear and definitive progress under this new staff in two years.
Yep I agree with that. Just wish we wouldn’t play so tentative in post season games.. it’s not that we ran into a buzz saw in auburn, we just didn’t play well.. that quality seems to transcend all our sports programs. I’d love to see that trend get bucked!!! If not I suppose I’ll just join the majority here and say there’s always next year.

Yep I agree with that. Just wish we wouldn’t play so tentative in post season games.. it’s not that we ran into a buzz saw in auburn, we just didn’t play well.. that quality seems to transcend all our sports programs. I’d love to see that trend get bucked!!! If not I suppose I’ll just join the majority here and say there’s always next year.

As it relates to baseball last night, I think that is fair, tentative, or lights too bright, or not ready for prime time, etc...

Maybe it’s out of the system now? We didn’t look like us in the field last night.

Being negative is fine but offer a solution or insight, its the first lesson I taught my kids.

Freak won't ban you from the Forum posting the "circle jerk" comment.....but I can ban you from Pick'em, You're banned! :)

The committee have a zero tolerance policy? LOL
Winning a pick em' makes people happy. Maybe consider a second chance. You can reform him and he will no longer be a threat to society...... or at least the baseball forum.:cool:

VN Store

Back