Uros Plavsic commits to Tennessee

If he. Was that good, why would he be leaving Ariz. st. after a redshirt season? I would say it's just like Walker leaving here, CRB told him he's not going to get much playing time. Hopefully I'm wrong and this guy is better than Walker
I would familiarize myself with his situation.

1. Not all redshirts are talentless hacks.
2. His arrival at Arizona State was directly tied to an assistant coach who was of Serbian descent and a family friend.
3. Plavsic was originally committed to Cleveland State due to his relationship with said assistant. That coach was hired on by Bobby Hurley and Plavsic followed him to the desert.
4. That assistant, Drazen Zlovaric, was not retained at ASU, and that prompted Plavsic to seek a transfer.
5. Zlovaric was a support staffer for Rick Barnes at one point, and thus the Tennessee connection.

Uros Plavsic may not end up being much to write home about 3 years from now, but HIS decision to transfer doesn't appear to necessarily have anything do with his ability as a player. It seems to be due to broken relationships and possibly a feeling of betrayal.

I hope he can be eligible to play. That would really bolster the front line.
A lot of unproven talent on the team season will come down to how well Burns can take some of the load of losing Grant Williams. Same at point guard with James for Bone. Some big losses but I think we can win 20 and get 11 or 12 SEC wins. Burns was a 96 rating on 247 and James 99 so they certainly have evaluated talent to step in and do the job let us hope they can play better than expected in their first season on the floor.

Reactions: butchna
I remember Boerwinkle from listening to John Ward doing the play-by-play on my first transistor radio.
I remember standing directly behind Boerwinkle when I was in high school after a U.T. game, and I came up to the mid-point of his shoulder blades. I am 6 feet tall, but then I might have only been about 5'10". It was in the hallway of the Stokley Athletic Center, and the team was still in uniform. It may have still been called the Armory Field House at the time.

Reactions: RavinDave
I remember standing directly behind Boerwinkle when I was in high school after a U.T. game, and I came up to the mid-point of his shoulder blades. I am 6 feet tall, but then I might have only been about 5'10". It was in the hallway of the Stokley Athletic Center, and the team was still in uniform. It may have still been called the Armory Field House at the time.
Cool story!

giphy.gif

Cool story!
I think it was the year that we won the SEC and lost to the Dayton Flyers in the NCAA. It seems to be that Dayton had a really good left handed player named Ron May, and they beat us 53-52, and the NCAA field was small, not like the 64 team field now. I think that Ron Widby, Billy Hahn and Billy Justus were on that team with Boerwinkle. Maybe Tom "Spook" Hendrix too. That was a great team.

Edit: I looked it up, and the Dayton Flyers made it all the way to the NCAA Championship game, where they lost to UCLA. The entire field was 23 teams.

Reactions: RavinDave
I think it was the year that we won the SEC and lost to the Dayton Flyers in the NCAA. It seems to be that Dayton had a really good left handed player named Ron May, and they beat us 53-52, and the NCAA field was small, not like the 64 team field now. I think that Ron Widby, Billy Hahn and Billy Justus were on that team with Boerwinkle. Maybe Tom "Spook" Hendrix too. That was a great team.

Edit: I looked it up, and the Dayton Flyers made it all the way to the NCAA Championship game, where they lost to UCLA. The entire field was 23 teams.
That was a great team. Why did they call Hendrix “Spook”? Because of how skinny he was?

You could build a really good Playoff roster from exclusively Slavs. Hell you could just with Slovenia and Croatia. That’d be like 3 All-Stars.
The sheer amount of talent from there is ridiculous especially when you take into account the size and population and the fact the region has literally been a war zone most of the past 50 years

For some perspective all the combined countries are a bit bigger than California with half it's population. 200square miles 20million people. And some of their better players don't even come here.

Last edited:

Correct, it was Don May - first team All American that year

Reactions: 1972 Grad
I would familiarize myself with his situation.

1. Not all redshirts are talentless hacks.
2. His arrival at Arizona State was directly tied to an assistant coach who was of Serbian descent and a family friend.
3. Plavsic was originally committed to Cleveland State due to his relationship with said assistant. That coach was hired on by Bobby Hurley and Plavsic followed him to the desert.
4. That assistant, Drazen Zlovaric, was not retained at ASU, and that prompted Plavsic to seek a transfer.
5. Zlovaric was a support staffer for Rick Barnes at one point, and thus the Tennessee connection.

Uros Plavsic may not end up being much to write home about 3 years from now, but HIS decision to transfer doesn't appear to necessarily have anything do with his ability as a player. It seems to be due to broken relationships and possibly a feeling of betrayal.
Let's hope he's a player. We're going to need him badly.

VN Store

Back