BREAKING: Grant Williams staying in NBA Draft

A great ambassador for Vol Nation. Good luck, Grant, and thanks to you and all of your teammates for making UT basketball fun again.

Reactions: StarRaider
I would say his combine results, interviews and reports of his shot appearing to be able to translate out to the NBA 3pt line resulted in him hearing great reports from some GM's.

He made the right decision, based on his draft projection. Good for him! I wish nothing but the best for this young man!

Whelp. Back to the bubble for Tennessee. Certainly hope he does well; I think if he can get the money he should take the money. On the other hand, I cannot help but wonder if we've seen the best of the Barnes era come and go with this announcement.

We may have seen the best, as far as the regular season, but I am holding out hope that we can make some tourney runs.

Congratulations to him!!! Between him and the Admiral, I guess I will start watching the NBA next year. Man it would sure be nice if some of our Tennessee Boys got on the same team!!!

I recall a certain poster telling this board early last year this was going to happen. This board laughed at that poster

Today this poster is extremely happy for Grant freaking Williams. He gave us soooo much and he is the greatest vol of my lifetime!!!

BV makes it all about him again? Color me shocked.

Reactions: LoudOrange
Whelp. Back to the bubble for Tennessee. Certainly hope he does well; I think if he can get the money he should take the money. On the other hand, I cannot help but wonder if we've seen the best of the Barnes era come and go with this announcement.
Ya gotta love this group. Barnes can't possibly have the same development results with anyone else.

Reactions: k-town_king
It's completely shocking that in a thread about Grant Williams leaving you bring up yourself before issuing congratulations.
let"s nit diss on others. Let's give congrats to our great season we just had! Wish all our VFL's best of luck in the draft, and pray CRB can come close to pulling the rabbit out of the hat again. Haven't the last 2 years been great. We've never been #1 for a whole month! Under Pearl we were for a week, and that was great too. Let's celebrate what we had and bring on next year.

Reactions: Vols410
Hoping all 4 of our boys get drafted, GBO!

Hate to see Grant & Bone go a year early, but it's a smart decision for both...especially considering how great of a combine Bone had he proved he is the fastest player in the combine and showed he can jump out the building.

We still have some good talent coming in and experienced players returning. Barnes has proven he can develop players and build a sold roster. I do not think we are a bubble team next year.

Cant blame him being projected as high as he is. I wish him, Jordan, Admiral & Kyle nothing but success.

Reactions: StarRaider
We still have some good talent coming in and experienced players returning. Barnes has proven he can develop players and build a sold roster. I do not think we are a bubble team next year.
I think the 2019-2020 Tennessee men's basketball team will win 18-20 games and it wont surprise me if Tennessee makes the NCAA Tournament or winds up in the NIT.

Reactions: MAD and PEPPERJAX
Can't remember the last time I watched the NBA draft. Will certainly be tuning in this year.

It's been a while since I've been interested in the NBA Draft. I'm hoping Boston picks at least one Vol. Thank you Grant and good luck to all the VFLs.

VN Store

Back