The Rock/Metal Thread

Jesper, one of the original In Flames members, is the guitarist. Thats a big reason its good...that dude is awesome
Yep. He's got an unreal talent for crafting melodies. Unfortunately, he's got a massive drug/drinking problem and can't seem to keep his act together. They recorded a second album that I think they're sitting on until he can hopefully get straightened out and tour behind. He's been MIA.

Gotta love the Swedes.

Everyone gives Load hell but I've always loved the album and this is my favorite Metallica song.

Come and get me lol

I think it's a good album. Barring a few songs, it was just a departure from their earlier heavier stuff...feels more 90s grunge in places, sometimes almost experimental, and the country-stuff just didn't work IMO.

I loved "Until it Sleeps" at the time. In fact, that was the soundtrack for my first and only crowdsurf experience!

I think it's a good album. Barring a few songs, it was just a departure from their earlier heavier stuff...feels more 90s grunge in places, sometimes almost experimental, and the country-stuff just didn't work IMO.

I loved "Until it Sleeps" at the time. In fact, that was the soundtrack for my first and only crowdsurf experience!

I agree. I think more people had a problem with their image change than the actual music change. They cut their hair and started dressing like they were going to a wine tasting. If they hadn't radically changed how they looked I think it would have gone over better personally.

King Nothing was amazing too. I personally like Load more than the Black album but I agree it's no Master of Puppets or And Justice for All.

VN Store

Back