US State Department Stirring It Up With Iran...

I’m going to get some **** for this, but I’m not surprised they are saying/doing weird stuff. We’ve been sizing them up for a while just like all these other “worse than hitler” dictators we’ve saved the universe from. They probably feel even more cornered with Israel and Saudi Arabia getting so cozy.

So an Iranian official says "they can take out our entire carrier battle group with just 1 missile"
No, not an Iranian official... it was a cleric... not even in the govt.

Be careful not to get wrapped up in the propaganda that is trying to get us whipped up into a frenzy for war. This would be no different than a US minister making claims about Iran and the Iranians using it for propaganda.

Reactions: newarkvol
No, not an Iranian official... it was a cleric... not even in the govt.

Be careful not to get wrapped up in the propaganda that is trying to get us whipped up into a frenzy for war. This would be no different than a US minister making claims about Iran and the Iranians using it for propaganda.
Who runs the Iranian Government?

The clerics.

That's a lot different than a US minister making claims.

Then there is also this:

“An aircraft carrier that has at least 40 to 50 planes on it and 6,000 forces gathered within it was a serious threat for us in the past but now it is a target and the threats have switched to opportunities,” said Amirali Hajizadeh, the head of the IRG’s aerospace division, according to Iranian media.

Haijizadeh added: “If [the Americans] make a move, we will hit them in the head.”

IRG = Iranian Republican Guard

I dont want war, Ras. I dont like reading that 6000 us soldiers is an "opportunity" either. Thats like mike spinks saying stepping in the ring with mike tyson was an "opportunity". Long as its all just talk though, we will all be better off. What we sont need is the sauds or someone trying to bait us into war with "sabotage ".

“An aircraft carrier that has at least 40 to 50 planes on it and 6,000 forces gathered within it was a serious threat for us in the past but now it is a target and the threats have switched to opportunities,” said Amirali Hajizadeh, the head of the IRG’s aerospace division, according to Iranian media.

Haijizadeh added: “If [the Americans] make a move, we will hit them in the head.”
Then why are we provoking them? We have no business poking around halfway around the globe and putting the lives of American soldiers and sailors at risk.

Reactions: newarkvol
Then why are we provoking them? We have no business poking around halfway around the globe and putting the lives of American soldiers and sailors at risk.
What about the first part of my post that you left out?

37L1 said:
Who runs the Iranian Government?

The clerics.

That's a lot different than a US minister making claims.

As far as your question, our interests in having open navigation of the seas in an area where the Iranians have threatened to close shipping lanes in the Straights of Hormuz should be answer enough for you. But I know you don't see it that way, so . . . Let's go back to Pre-WWI, right? Like the world hasn't changed any since then.

What about the first part of my post that you left out?

As far as your question, our interests in having open navigation of the seas in an area where the Iranians have threatened to close shipping lanes in the Straights of Hormuz should be answer enough for you. But I know you don't see it that way, so . . . Let's go back to Pre-WWI, right? Like the world hasn't changed any since then.
Let the Arabs patrol their own seas... let the Chinese and Europeans chip in. Most of our oil comes from this hemisphere, so a disruption in the Middle East will have little affect on us (unless the oil companies want to engage in price gouging).

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Let the Arabs patrol their own seas... let the Chinese and Europeans chip in. Most of our oil comes from this hemisphere, so a disruption in the Middle East will have little affect on us (unless the oil companies want to engage in price gouging).
Do you even know how oil is traded?

...and here we go...no matter what, we better not put US boots on the ground. Other than USAF guys loading munitions on our aircraft like my Pappaw did his whole career. Those tend to be several hundred miles away though.

If we have to light something up, let it be tomahawk after tomahawk...like Baghdad part 2...

I'm not sure what the thinking is with a 120,000 force though. That's too many just to respond to an incident, but not enough for regime change.

I'm not sure what the thinking is with a 120,000 force though. That's too many just to respond to an incident, but not enough for regime change.
Sounds like our typical approach to things over the last 20 years. F-ing disgusting.

I think Bolton and SA want a war with Iran immediately. Bolton makes me nervous.

It WAS sabotage: Iran 'used EXPLOSIVES' to blow holes in four ships, including two Saudi oil tankers, anchored in the Persian Gulf, amid building tensions between the US and Iran

An American military team's initial assessment is that Iranian or Iranian-backed proxies used explosives Sunday to blow large holes in four ships anchored off the coast of the United Arab Emirates, a U.S. official said Monday.

The official said each ship has a 5- to 10-foot hole in it, near or just below the water line, and the team's early belief is that the holes were caused by explosive charges.

The team of U.S. military experts was sent to investigate the damages at the request of the UAE, but American officials have not provided any details about what exactly happened or any proof as yet about the possible Iranian involvement in the explosions.

13441666-7025339-Norwegian_oil_tanker_Andrea_Victory-a-42_1557789179746.jpg

13447432-7025339-The_tinderbox_standoff_between_Iran_and_the_US_escalated_even_fu-a-45_1557789185377.jpg

Gulf officials have characterized the damage to the tankers as sabotage.

The U.S. has warned ships that 'Iran or its proxies' could be targeting maritime traffic in the region, and America has moved additional ships and aircraft into the region.

The incident comes after months of increasing diplomatic and economic pressure on Iran, which the U.S. accuses of threatening American interests and allies in the region, including Saudi Arabia and the UAE.

Asked about the sabotage, President Trump warned that Tehran would 'suffer greatly' if it enraged Washington, predicting a 'bad problem for Iran if something happens'.

Tehran has distanced itself from the apparent attacks, calling an investigation into the 'alarming' episode and warning of 'adventurism' by foreign players to disrupt maritime security.

Official: Initial US assessment blames Iran for ship attacks | Daily Mail Online

VN Store

Back