Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ego and Alma mater can be powerful things. It’s going to be interesting.
Deciding factor could even be how much does Clemson feel like home after this many years.
Could he have put down roots to rival the draw of his alma mater. You're right, gonna be interesting.

The question was about our defense.
Dobbs burned Pruitt's defense at Ga. Bama struggled some with Mobile QBs while Pruitt was there.

Is that a concern with his defense, now?
I think it's always a concern... That said what Dobbs did against UGA in 15 and 16 wasn't always designed.... Most of his big plays were on broken plays where the defense actually played well enough to break the play down.

But a guy like Dobbs had to be accounted for.

LSS... No Dobbs, we don't win either game imo.

Same with manzeil when aTm beat bama that year... Kirby was DC at that point tho...

Reactions: SweetasSoda
We've been discussing reaching 7 wins a lot on here, but I have a serious question.
If we switched places right this second with Clemson, what would the discussion/predictions be?
I don't think we know how to do that any more lol

I'd like to find out tho

I think it's always a concern... That said what Dobbs did against UGA in 15 and 16 wasn't always designed.... Most of his big plays were on broken plays where the defense actually played well enough to break the play down.

But a guy like Dobbs had to be accounted for.

LSS... No Dobbs, we don't win either game imo.

Same with manzeil when aTm beat bama that year... Kirby was DC at that point tho...

LSS always take a dual threat kid AOTBE

We've been discussing reaching 7 wins a lot on here, but I have a serious question.
If we switched places right this second with Clemson, what would the discussion/predictions be?

Don't understand the question. Like, we just won a natty? Then I'm probably in the drunktank somewhere singing some NWA

Reactions: GoVolsDR
If Jancek stayed, things may have been different. All I know is the 4th down call at UF was just strange.
Agreed though the way I see it we wouldnt have even been in that situation without his other calls. That day we held Florida to 20% on 3rd downs. That is the best 3rd down defense vs Florida in the past decade. Maybe longer, but that's as far back as I went. Jancek was an unrealized gem.

Agreed though the way I see it we wouldnt have even been in that situation without his other calls. That day we held Florida to 20% on 3rd downs. That is the best 3rd down defense vs Florida in the past decade. Maybe longer, but that's as far back as I went. Jancek was an unrealized gem.

But I recall that wasn’t the only 4th down conversion. Maybe even 3 or 4. American football has 4 downs, and you either have to dial up a good call or you need someone to make a play. If you just stop one, you win.

Edit: and with analytics these days, you will see more teams go for it on 4th down in certain spots on the field.

Yea it’s really crazy looking back on it. So many people talk about how butch brought his Mac Level staff and stuff but his first staff was very strong and they had a chip on their shoulder recruiting and were all about the grind.

Butch got in trouble when he swung big with hires like Hoke, Shoop, warren etc and they never had a chemistry.
If you're gonna hire em', you have to let them coach. Butch didn't let them coach. Shoop is a great example of that.

Man if he leaves Clemson for another college job he’s nuts. He has everything he could ever want at Clemson and it’s only getting bigger.
I bet it’ll be a Roy Williams type thing initially. He’ll turn it down when Saban retires, whoever replaces the Little One will flounder, and then Dabo will answer the corny “momma calling me home” plea.

I bet it’ll be a Roy Williams type thing initially. He’ll turn it down when Saban retires, whoever replaces the Little One will flounder, and then Dabo will answer the corny “momma calling me home” plea.
That would be the smart move on his part. Whoever replaces Saban is destined to fail. Hoping Dabo takes it though obviously. Clemson would decline and Dabo would fail at Bama. Would be ideal for Vol fans.

I know some are natural born salesmen bit it is crazy how great a few really are. I mean there's only so many things you can say to these kids.
NFL, family environment, playing time...(here's your money) yet, some make that same pitch levels above others.
A lot of it depends on the size of the bag. That should be common knowledge by now.

Drove all the way across state borders for a Smokies game and they called the game for light sprinkles. Candy azzez.

Last edited:
Hello Freak,
I beseech thee good sir, please remove the 2018 Football schedule results from the main page of VolNation. The VFLs have suffered enough. It is time to look forward to the 2019 Football schedule.

Thank you for your time and consideration!

I made the same request about two months along with the commit list. Please Freak update the commitment list also. Would love to be able to see all our 2019 commitments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back