Tennessee will host Troy in 2020

Troy is just down the road from Dothan where much safety gear is produced. I expect their coverage schemes to be sound.

Someone is trying to make sure we get a bowl game next year!

Tennessee has no business playing the likes of Furman and Charlotte
Better statement is “why the hell are we, as a team who’s won 9 games and 2 conference games the last year’s, scheduling a dominant Oklahoma program while we’re in the middle of trying to get back to even being competitive with freaking Vanderbilt?”

Maybe so. But street cred shouldnt earn you the schedules that they had. It was crazy.
Yeah, the difference is, when they've played other elite teams, they've had a pretty good record under Saban, as the NC's attest. That earns them some benefit of the doubt that we won't have (at least the first year dominant record we have).

I've said before, I'd like to see us play one OOC power 5 in Neyland every year. I think if the play-off expands it'll be beneficial to beef up our OOC schedule. Some of the other schools, namely Florida, Georgia, and USCjr are doing it already, all 3 are playing 2 power 5 OOC's this year and have plans in the future to play 3. We haven't played 2 since 2003. We could add some games that would fit that bill that we could likely win AND get exposure in states we need to recruit, I am thinking home and homes with Georgia Tech, North Carolina, NC State, Wake Forest, Duke, Virginia, Maryland, etc.

So basically the founding members of the ACC. I would like to see the Vols play in Charlottesville bc I’ve never been there and GT at their home venue, not MB.

Why not? We play 2 tough OOC opponents in OU (sure loss) and Troy.....and Charlotte beat the flying F out of us last year everywhere except the scoreboard (barely). We’re one of the worst college football programs in the country right now and desperately need wins....I’m good with the schedule.
That is a load of crap. Were we very good in the sec? no we weren't, but we pulled 2 upsets of top 25 teams both of which are sec teams. We may have been one of the worse teams in the sec but not the country, and you know that your just determined to be as negative as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Better statement is “why the hell are we, as a team who’s won 9 games and 2 conference games the last year’s, scheduling a dominant Oklahoma program while we’re in the middle of trying to get back to even being competitive with freaking Vanderbilt?”

Oklahoma will actually make us better. Charlotte and Furman won’t do that

Reactions: BucksnortVol
That is a load of crap. Were we very good in the sec? no we weren't, but we pulled 2 upsets of top 25 teams both of which are sec teams. We may have been one of the worse teams in the sec but not the country, and you know that your just determined to be as negative as possible. Honestly I've never seen a positive post from you. Don't worry maybe one day you'll figure out which team you actually want to be a fan of.
A year and a half as a member of Volnation, and you've appointed yourself as chief of the true fan police. Go away, newbie.

So basically the founding members of the ACC. I would like to see the Vols play in Charlottesville bc I’ve never been there and GT at their home venue, not MB.
I'd like to see FSU and Miami too, neither of them is a certain L at this point or any in the future, definitely not FSU right now. They were as bad as we were last year.

VN Store

Back