Baylor-Notre Dame

Even if Cox has to sit out I believe Baylor will be tough again next season. There were some very talented players sitting on Kim’s bench all night. No doubt she’ll have them ready to go next season after just winning the national championship. Most of what needs developed are guards and she’s the best in the business as taking a guard from average to excellent.

Brown graduating is already a big loss. A lot of the offense is not only Brown, but people sagging so far off in a zone or coming to double team the guards get wide open shots. Take away Brown and if Cox sits out b/c injury they are average. All those block shots losing both makes their defense just ok. Baylor can play so aggressive on the perimeter defense b/c they have 2 shot blockers waiting in the paint. Baylor w/o both would be similar to S Carolina this year after basing their offense and defense around Wilson for years.

Reactions: ksl415
It seems that Richards takes tbe term "Diaper Dandy" a little too literally.

usatsi_10682459.jpg

How ever did she manage to play in high school?

didi-richards-boo16-800.jpg

Last edited:
Norte Dame’s only chance at the end would have been for what’s her name to miss that last free throw. And try for the rebound. Surprise Ivey didn’t teach her that. A lack of coaching (ok, I’m being slightly sarcastic).
Baylor’s guard play was just so so ( shooting and ball handling was so so, defense a little suspect-ND made a lot of 15 foot shots) but their interior play was great until Cox went out.
Next year I think will be more pairing and we might see someone new in the finals. I do not think UConn, ND, will be as tough and Miss St. and Baylor have some question marks.
Of course maybe the above teams can be below average for them to make it to the finals. We will see.

Norte Dame’s only chance at the end would have been for what’s her name to miss that last free throw. And try for the rebound. Surprise Ivey didn’t teach her that. A lack of coaching (ok, I’m being slightly sarcastic).
Baylor’s guard play was just so so ( shooting and ball handling was so so, defense a little suspect-ND made a lot of 15 foot shots) but their interior play was great until Cox went out.
Next year I think will be more pairing and we might see someone new in the finals. I do not think UConn, ND, will be as tough and Miss St. and Baylor have some question marks.
Of course maybe the above teams can be below average for them to make it to the finals. We will see.

They actually did tell her to miss it. She tried to just fling it up there and accidentally made it.

The officials tried to give it to ND there toward the end. Baylor was being fouled just as much and getting 0 calls.

They actually did tell her to miss it. She tried to just fling it up there and accidentally made it.

The officials tried to give it to ND there toward the end. Baylor was being fouled just as much and getting 0 calls.

I agree. It just seems like the NCAA refs/umpires no matter sport are well coached to make sure the games are tossups late if at all possible to keep their audiences around for the tv revenue.

just like Auburn getting screwed on a no-call in the Virginia game. even stevie wonder could see
the Virginia kid double-dribbled and got away with it at the end of the game.

Reactions: VolBall09
just like Auburn getting screwed on a no-call in the Virginia game. even stevie wonder could see
the Virginia kid double-dribbled and got away with it at the end of the game.

I agree, I thought both of those fouls on Baylor against Ogunbowale late were no calls. The Baylor defense was straight up, moving their feet and she was diving into their chest and flinging up wild shots. To me that's either an offensive foul or a no call. Had the Baylor defender been in poor position, then fine, but they were doing a nice job of staying vertical and moving their feet. Hate seeing the officials rewarding the offensive player for crap like that late in the game.

Baylor's dominance tested, then cemented with title

1. COLLEGE BASKETBALL
Baylor's Dominant Yet Hard-Fought Season Gets the National Championship Its Stars Deserve

By BEN BASKIN
April 08, 2019

The guard who hit the game winner on Sunday night to earn Baylor a national championship nearly died at lunch earlier that day choking on a jumbo shrimp. On the second floor of the team hotel just a few hours before tip, Chloe Jackson decided to eat the crustacean without cutting it and quickly began desperately coughing. She was saved by freshman Honesty Scott-Grayson, who smacked Jackson on the back as hard as she could. The shrimp came flying out, landing harmlessly on the floor.

I wish Tennessee could unload Notre Dame from their schedule and I don't want them to play Baylor unless it's in the NCAA Tournament.

I wish Tennessee could unload Notre Dame from their schedule and I don't want them to play Baylor unless it's in the NCAA Tournament.

Tennessee will have the better team than ND next season. Baylor will probably be the favorite to repeat, but I wouldn't mind seeing them in the regular season as a measuring stick. Better to play against the good teams than edge out 200 RPI ranked cupcakes and then collapse in conference play like Holly's teams were prone to do. I miss the days when Tennessee wasn't afraid to take on the best teams anyplace, anytime.

So you want this? Really?

View attachment 202817
Not me, reVOLver! I’ve had my fill of cupcakes. Bring on the meat ‘n’ taters!

Now, obviously every program has a couple on the schedule to kick off the season, and for good reason. I’m all for that. But it sure seems like it has been a looooong time since we could boast about how much more competitive overall our schedule is compared to most of the rest of country.

Ouch. I just looked up the final numbers from this past season and realized that Tennessee’s RPI and S.O.S. were the worst they’ve ever been. RPI 60, SOS 34. If you want a better idea of just how cupcakey our schedule was last season, think about how Connecticut’s SOS — even though they are trapped in the AAC — was 31, and their RPI was 6. :eek: Let that sink in.

Reactions: Rixxx and 1reVOLver

VN Store

Back