HBO's "Game of Thrones"

I remember when he posted this - can't recall if he meant "books" or he just read the first one. Either way it's nuts commentary.
The books are written brilliantly regardless of genre. The guy showed his stupidity. There are some genres I don't like, but I can still appreciate great artistry..The books are great artistry.

That is one chick you don't wanna piss off, but I think she dies at the hand of Jaquen or some other faceless man before the end.
speaking of which... anyone else find is curious that Melisandre said Valar Morghulis to Grey Worm and he actually responds appropriately? It was before the battle started. Unsullied are from astapor. You can argue its simply a Braavosi thing but it seems it's more used with the faceless men.. no?

Reactions: drvenner
IMO, the tv show has done stupid stuff with regards to what Arya can do. Taking a face not only allows her to look like her victim, but also change body size to match the victim, and take their voice as well? Dumb.

Spending a few months in Braavos getting her butt kicked by another faceless man trainee, and she's suddenly a super ninja assassin in Westeros? Meh.
Dragons, an army of the dead, people being brought back to life, but you draw the line of suspending belief at Arya being able to deceive people?

It's got to suck to be so hard to please, but I guess my turn is coming next when all my favorite characters pointlessly die just to satisfy y'alls weird nihilist need for utter hopeless devastation. I don't know why you are all griping, it's gonna suck for us hopeful types in the end....you know the ones that actually like seeing the white hats win...especially since the good guys have already suffered so much horrific loss for 9 freakin years.
No one is hoping for major characters to die pointlessly. At least I don't think so. I just want better, more consistent storytelling, which is what GoT has been known for. I have no problem with the white hats winning, but I do think a threat that has been hyped since the first season deserved more than a one episode battle to dispose of. Was I entertained? Yes. Do I think it could have been better? Absolutely. Whether you agree or not, I felt like they short-changed the story a bit.

No one is hoping for major characters to die pointlessly. At least I don't think so. I just want better, more consistent storytelling, which is what GoT has been known for. I have no problem with the white hats winning, but I do think a threat that has been hyped since the first season deserved more than a one episode battle to dispose of. Was I entertained? Yes. Do I think it could have been better? Absolutely. Whether you agree or not, I felt like they short-changed the story a bit.
Who was the last major protagonist to die on this show before Jorah who is second tier? Oberyn? At the end of season 1 the lead died. Season 3 half of the people we were rooting for got it. I haven’t worried about a protagonist dying in forever. Not even when John “died”. At least if none of them are going to die stop putting them in impossible situations for them to implausibly escape. Arya got stabbed 8 times in the belly and parkoured away from it.

Reactions: volinbham
Who was the last major protagonist to die on this show before Jorah who is second tier? Oberyn? At the end of season 1 the lead died. Season 3 half of the people we were rooting for got it. I haven’t worried about a protagonist dying in forever. Not even when John “died”. At least if none of them are going to die stop putting them in impossible situations for them to implausibly escape. Arya got stabbed 8 times in the belly and parkoured away from it.
All the shock and awe moments in the series weren't so much about who died as they were about the writing that crafted the story. As has been noted, ever since they went off book, the writing has become weaker. IMO, no where was that more apparent than this last episode. I loved the things that happened. How they got to the individual events could have been crafted so much better. I can think of several things I would have done differently. Maybe it is nitpicking, but in the past, the writing was so damn good I never found myself doing that.

Theon and Jorah are Major characters if you ask me. Both have been around since the first episode and both had a lot of screen time throughout the series.
Theon has had one of the most dynamic roles in the story. He's been loved, hated, pitied, confusing, confused, weak, brave, and -- finally -- redeemed. How could anyone complain about the writing of his character?

Besides, the story isn’t over. We got another war. I bet we might lose a few other characters.

Regarding ayra sneaking in to the garden... She left Mel and the hound long before the nk and the horde got to the gods tree.

She literally could have been hiding, waiting on him to show up as the iron born protected bran.

Just a thought. Time wise it's possible. And way more plausible than her making it thru the horde unnoticed...

Dragons, an army of the dead, people being brought back to life, but you draw the line of suspending belief at Arya being able to deceive people?
Deceive people? No.

Somehow being able to grow or shrink your arms or legs immediately just by putting on a dead persons face? Yea kinda. It's not like it ruins the show, but it's a low point of the series. One can be a fan but still have something that makes them go "I don't know about that one."

Last edited:
IMO, the tv show has done stupid stuff with regards to what Arya can do. Taking a face not only allows her to look like her victim, but also change body size to match the victim, and take their voice as well? Dumb.

Spending a few months in Braavos getting her butt kicked by another faceless man trainee, and she's suddenly a super ninja assassin in Westeros? Meh.
She's a complete Mary Sue that has no real flaws. She's the best at everything and speaks in one line cliches. I think I soured on her character when she bested Brienne (one of the best warriors in westoros) in single combat.

I still like the show though.

What is it with you wanting all the major characters killed??!

;)
I know you're kidding, but I believe a lot of stuff is going to happen that I don't want to happen. I don't understand why it has to happen, the survivors have endured enough loss...in the case of the Starks...horrific losses. Their people, their family, their northern vassal lords, and foreign allies (Danys powerful, literally invincible by any normal means army) have been basically destroyed. If you wanna botch about bad writing..there you go...what has happened to them...the most honourable house in Westeros by far..goes above and beyond believability.

She's a complete Mary Sue that has no real flaws. She's the best at everything and speaks in one line cliches. I think I soured on her character when she bested Brienne (one of the best warriors in westoros) in single combat.

I still like the show though.
This is so stupid, she trained for years at the hands of the Faceless men, the most skilled and feared assassins in the world. You guys just wanna bitch. She is no Rey, who just picked up a light saber and started kicking ass.

speaking of which... anyone else find is curious that Melisandre said Valar Morghulis to Grey Worm and he actually responds appropriately? It was before the battle started. Unsullied are from astapor. You can argue its simply a Braavosi thing but it seems it's more used with the faceless men.. no?
That is an ancient saying known the world over.

Reactions: tvolsfan

VN Store

Back