Jalen Hurd drafted by the Niners

Bamawriter be all...
giphy.gif

Still a head scratcher...guy goes to Baylor for one or two years and gets drafted. Makes you wonder if he would've even got a look if he stayed...
He made a great decision to leave and change positions imo. Timing sucked but it was clearly the right move for him. Catching the ball was always his best skill and with his size and strength, he’s tailor-made to be a effective NFL slot receiver imo, a la Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin. And no, I don’t think he would’ve sniffed the 3rd round , probably doesn’t even get drafted if he stays at running back at Tennessee.

He got drafted so high because of versatility.

I'm looking forward to him going against Kamara for the coming years in the division.

He was drafted as an ATH even though he will primarily play WR. But he will run the ball some to

You can see him "against" Kamara every week (if he gets on a field) by looking at there game stats.

At the time he left, I thought he was a cancer. Now I think he was an Einstein. Led Baylor in yds gained, I think. I wish him nothing but success and will watch his career with great interest. I just don't want to hear the announcers talk about him transferring from UT and the black eye they'll try to give us. Oh, that will be ESPN on Monday nites.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Check me on this..but I knew he'd get a shot and probably go higher than the 5th. He had a turd for a head coach in Jones. He (and the rest of the team) deserved better. He will be successful in the NFL. He can line up at RB, H-back, TE or WR. He can run, block and catch. He wasn't a 5* coming out of high-school for nothing. Had he gone to Alabama (who recruited him hard), he probably would have been in contention for the Heisman.

Don't know about the Heisman, but my thought he would likely end up at tight end at the pro level. His hard hitting running ability, blocking, and speed level fit nicely at the pro TE spot. I think to slow and not quick enough for pro wide out.

He got drafted so high because of versatility.

I'm looking forward to him going against Kamara for the coming years in the division.

He was drafted as an ATH even though he will primarily play WR. But he will run the ball some to

They play in the same conference not division.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
As a Niners fan I hope he succeeds even though at the time he left I, like many others, bashed him mercilessly. Looking back now he should have probably done things a little differently but no doubt he made the correct decision to get away from Butch Jones. Watching this draft just shows how much Jones helped destroy this program. There is never a reason the Vols shouldn't have at least 1 first round draft pick every year. I truly detest that Sgt Carter looking S.O.B.

People here seem to hate Hurd. Since I never bought into Jones... I understood why Hurd might reach a point where he just had to get away for a new start. Hurd came to UT to help restore the program. People acted like it was a great coup by Jones but the kid probably would have been a Vol regardless. His disillusionment was a reflection of Jones' incompetence. I hope he does well and in time can reconcile his painful time and UT... and be "forgiven" by fans who IMO should appreciate him.

Well done Jalen, Just look at the stats at the UT to show he DID put in a stint for the Orange. (one will never know about how it finished at Tennessee)

Hope you (and all VFLs) have a great Pro career.

I wish the kid the best. It looks like a wise decision now for him to transfer. I still hate how it went down but I think there was a real lack of any leadership here then.

He makes a move and changes position to a position that has less wear and tear than running back. I thought he was an idiot when he left but it looks like he made the right choice. I hope he makes the most of his opportunity

If used properly he could have set records as RB at UT. I will be glad when the what if’s of Butch are a distant memory.

Good luck JH. Go be a millionaire.

Reactions: sjt18
I'm glad for him...wouldn't doubt he sees a little action at H-back/TE...believe he'll be versatile enough that he'll earn his money...:D

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember so many on here just drilling the kid for quitting! I felt bad for him, even though I did not like the parting either. Evidently, he knew what was best for him.
On second thought, how the he** did he get drafted, especially that high? Dud was not smooth nor coordinated when he ran. Video's and highlights I saw from his time at Baylor were not impressive! Did he get drafted strictly due to experience at WR and RB? The Snell kid from Kentucky was a better back than Hurd. We say J. Kelly and Kamara make us wish we never recruited Hurd. So, what is the deal here?

On second thought, how the he** did he get drafted, especially that high? Dud was not smooth nor coordinated when he ran. Video's and highlights I saw from his time at Baylor were not impressive! Did he get drafted strictly due to experience at WR and RB? The Snell kid from Kentucky was a better back than Hurd. We say J. Kelly and Kamara make us wish we never recruited Hurd. So, what is the deal here?

With teams getting the jump on him due to the predictable Butch offense, hitting him 3 yards on our side of the ball, yet he would gain 1 or 2.

Yards after contact means a great deal to the NFL.

Reactions: FïreBall
You are mentally soft and overly sensitive.

I've encountered estrogen based life forms such as yourself in the past

No, I’m just mature enough to realize wishing harm to a 20 year old kid because he didn’t meet my expectations as a fan is probably the dumbest and most childish stance in life you can take.

VN Store

Back